LMFUCKKINGASSOFF ANDERSON SILVA VS STEPHAN BONNAR

toejam98

I think the UFC was going to move Jones from 152 to 153 and have him fight Machida. That was his announcement but the UFC decided not to kill 152. Machida wanted this at 153 before but it would have forced Jones into a very long training camp so the UFC went with Vitor at 152.

No , you dream , ufc would not do that to Vitor he has already started a camp AND they won't kill an event that happen before an other event to save it.

They can kill later event to save an event that will happen soon, not the opposite.

No , you dream , ufc would not do that to Vitor he has already started a camp AND they won't kill an event that happen before an other event to save it.

They can kill later event to save an event that will happen soon, not the opposite.

Thats what the rumor is. Dont tell me tell Dana White. That was going to be Machidas announcement. BUt they changed so now he doesnt have one. Well will see if he comes out with anything.

I actually agree with this.

Bonnar is the type that could possibly give Anderson problems. His chin is in the top 5 in mma imo and he just keeps coming at you. Dont get me wrong Anderson is MUCH more skilled, but Bonnar has the potential to rough him up in deep waters. Probably not, but possible.

This reminds me of Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed...lol

I agree as well. It's topics like these that make me wonder if people actually watch MMA or just get all their info from message boards. Anyone that thinks this is just a walk in the park for Anderson has never seen Bonnar fight. Bonnar always brings the fight to his opponents, and he is tough as hell. He was Jones toughest fight for sure, but yet people think he's a chump against Anderson.

I mean seriously how can anyone that watches MMA make comments like this. This isn't WWE, anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

I love Bonnar. He always brings it. I just hope he doesn't bring it like Forrest did. I actually think Bonnar is a far more intelligent fighter than Forrest though. It will be entertaining, regardless. Here's to hoping Bonnar doesn't bleed too early. If, and this is a very big if, Bonnar actually wins, would this beat out Serra/GSP for the biggest upset?

I love Bonnar. He always brings it. I just hope he doesn't bring it like Forrest did. I actually think Bonnar is a far more intelligent fighter than Forrest though. It will be entertaining, regardless. Here's to hoping Bonnar doesn't bleed too early. If, and this is a very big if, Bonnar actually wins, would this beat out Serra/GSP for the biggest upset?

Yes i believe the odds come out earlier and he was a bigger underdog than Serra. Which i am very shocked. Serra at the time of the fight had never shown any striking or power. He was a BJJ guy with no wrestling who is ineffective on his back in MMA. So his odds made sense. Unknown to anyone he had been developing good power and striking that gave him a much better chance than his odds showed. But odds are based on whats known not unknown. Bonner has a much better chance than the Serra we thought would show up. He has a proven chin, sub defense, and i would say is the better wrestler. I can actually see a point where Bonner gets a trip against the cage and positions into a arm triangle or grind out 2 rounds and takes a decision. Its crazy to call this the biggest mismatch in UFC history.

I agree as well. It's topics like these that make me wonder if people actually watch MMA or just get all their info from message boards. Anyone that thinks this is just a walk in the park for Anderson has never seen Bonnar fight. Bonnar always brings the fight to his opponents, and he is tough as hell. He was Jones toughest fight for sure, but yet people think he's a chump against Anderson.

I mean seriously how can anyone that watches MMA make comments like this. This isn't WWE, anything can happen.

To many people look at win loss record on sherdog fight finder. They dont break down what a fighter can and cant do and see who he does good verses and who he does bad verses and why. They just see one guy not ranked as high as another and that automatically means he cant win. But to be honest its people like that that run the odds up on favorites at sports books and allow me to get great odds on "underdogs". I never bet on a MMA fight that is -500 or above. I dont believe anyone in MMA is that gaurnteed. It amazes me that fan boys have ran champions up to astronomical odds. Aint no way in hell Jon Jones is a -800/-900. Or Bj Penn at -825 when he lost to Frankie edgar. But Nut riding is a hell of a drug!!

I can't see how people can say Bonner will be a walk in the park for Anderson. Bonnar is never an easy fight for anyone simply because of his chin and attitude alone. He seems to have horrible striking defense and still nobody as been able to KO him. And his ground game is pretty good.

He's obviously not nearly as technically sound as Anderson with his striking, and athletically I'd give a big edge to Anderson as well but if Bonnar gets a hold of him either in the clinch or on ground on top, I think he could be trouble for Anderson there.

I predict Anderson winning the first 2 rounds using his speed to completely outstrike Bonnar while not allowing Bonnar to get a hold of him. Then AS will slow down as usual in the third and Bonner will get top position on him and keep him there until the end of the third. That'll give AS the decision win, 29-28.

Bonnar will not pull a Griffin on us. He'll give a fight until the end as usual. Even more given the fact that he absolutely nothing to lose here.

Also - and this is just me speculating a bit - Anderson Silva might not be taking this fight very seriously cuz I can't possibly see what he has to gain from this fight. He might just have taken it to look good in the eyes of the company (we all now Dana has had harsh words against him in the past) thinking it would be an easy fight for him.

I just think it's weird that a guy that was so adamant on staying inactive until 2013 and even rejected to fight Weidman (who's an 185lbs), would take a fight on a month's notice on a weight class above his usual without thinking it would be an easy fiht for him.

To many people look at win loss record on sherdog fight finder. They dont break down what a fighter can and cant do and see who he does good verses and who he does bad verses and why. They just see one guy not ranked as high as another and that automatically means he cant win. But to be honest its people like that that run the odds up on favorites at sports books and allow me to get great odds on "underdogs". I never bet on a MMA fight that is -500 or above. I dont believe anyone in MMA is that gaurnteed. It amazes me that fan boys have ran champions up to astronomical odds. Aint no way in hell Jon Jones is a -800/-900. Or Bj Penn at -825 when he lost to Frankie edgar. But Nut riding is a hell of a drug!!

Edgar bought me my ps3 with both of his fights against BJ, and he doesn't even know it. :)

• Upvote 1

it will be an interesting fight i enjoyed bonnar and griffins fight in TUF and i thought that was one hell of a fight swinging away. Bonnar has a excellent chin and always comes at you isnt afraid he will give AS a run for his money even if Silva wins it may not be a 'walk in the park' but it ill sure challenge him

now you gotta give it to bonnar. dude has balls.

like he get credit for that before!

Anderson has knifey-bows and Bonnar is a bleeder. Even if he lasts into the later rounds that might give him trouble.

I think if its not a one punch ko or one kick Ko that Anderson will ride out the fight and kind of toy with him to try to give the fight fans what they would have tried to pay for. Aldo and Mendes could be a fight of the century so there is no way that that could compare with Silva and Bonnar.

None the less, i would love to see Silva just showcase an array of skills that people havent seen before. I wouldnt be suprised if he knocked him out in the last inute or something. As far as Bonnar having a good chin, hes never fought Anderson. Who KO'd Belfort, Who KO'd Griffen backing up walking lol, Who KO'd Leben, how far does the list go again? ;)

Although its a huge mismatch, i think we as martial arts fans would be crazy not to watch it. I have noticed the UFC is changing and the followers seem to be more of top ten fight fans instead of actual martial arts fans. This concerns me greatly. In a sport that no doubt needs are recognition and support we have to be able to remember the sole reason why we watch UFC. All that aside, im watching it at the b-dubs for free haha

I think if its not a one punch ko or one kick Ko that Anderson will ride out the fight and kind of toy with him to try to give the fight fans what they would have tried to pay for. Aldo and Mendes could be a fight of the century so there is no way that that could compare with Silva and Bonnar.

It wasn't even the best featherweight fight of the year...