Game engine is completly broken shit liek this should not be happening

Now I know everyone just gonna say I'm whining but I really don't care this is the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen in this game. I have seen some stupid decisions but this is beyond that I'm completly baffled by it. So here's teh fight in question

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=498332

Basically my problem is with the first round My fighter Fidel Castro scored two punches in the clinch while his opponent scored 1 and Fidel scored 0 punches standing while his opponent scored two head shots and stuffed two takedowns, so obviously so far he is winning then at about 1:20 maybe 1:30 into round one my guy takes him down and is on top of him literally the whole round until the last few seconds yet somehow lost the round, not only lost the round but apparently got " dominated ". This is beyond infuriating because this round decided the winner in the fight. I've been screwed by judges before and never made a post about it but this really takes the cake something is definitely wrong when someone can be in top position for 3:30 minutes in a round, hold his own in the standup and still lose the round. Seriously this needs to be looked at before ANYTHING else. I've been losing interest in this game over a lot of things lately but seeing how fucked up the game engine is is the final straw for me so I'm gonna be bowing out of this game for awhile until this major issue is fixed.

I'm sure most will just saying I'm whining and i need to suck it up but if people don't post bullshit like this it will never get fixed I'm done with this game but I know how fun it use to be so hopefully bringing this to light will get it resolved so it can help out the rest of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Now I know everyone just gonna say I'm whining but I really don't care this is the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen in this game. I have seen some stupid decisions but this is beyond that I'm completly baffled by it. So here's teh fight in question

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=498332

Basically my problem is with the first round My fighter Fidel Castro scored two punches in the clinch while his opponent scored 1 and Fidel scored 0 punches standing while his opponent scored two head shots and stuffed two takedowns, so obviously so far he is winning then at about 1:20 maybe 1:30 into round one my guy takes him down and is on top of him literally the whole round until the last few seconds yet somehow lost the round, not only lost the round but apparently got " dominated ". This is beyond infuriating because this round decided the winner in the fight. I've been screwed by judges before and never made a post about it but this really takes the cake something is definitely wrong when someone can be in top position for 3:30 minutes in a round, hold his own in the standup and still lose the round. Seriously this needs to be looked at before ANYTHING else. I've been losing interest in this game over a lot of things lately but seeing how fucked up the game engine is is the final straw for me so I'm gonna be bowing out of this game for awhile until this major issue is fixed.

I'm sure most will just saying I'm whining and i need to suck it up but if people don't post bullshit like this it will never get fixed I'm done with this game but I know how fun it use to be so hopefully bringing this to light will get it resolved so it can help out the rest of you.

While you did score the takedown and remained on top the whole time in that first round you didn't do much. He was very active off his back and actively worked for submissions. You got dominated man. I would have scored that fight exactly how it was scored by the game.

So unless you are prepared to say that I am also out to get you or that my mind is broken then... well, suck it up. This fight was scored exactly the way it should have been.

• Upvote 3

While you did score the takedown and remained on top the whole time in that first round you didn't do much. He was very active off his back and actively worked for submissions. You got dominated man. I would have scored that fight exactly how it was scored by the game.

So unless you are prepared to say that I am also out to get you or that my mind is broken then... well, suck it up. This fight was scored exactly the way it should have been.

LOL that's amusing he went for a bunch of weak sub attempts that my guy got out of easily all while I had top control and even though I didn't hit him THAT much I still hit enough, this game doesn't seem to score points for top control at all its retarded. If this happened in RL ppl would go crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He was far more aggressive than you on the ground. Aggression counts towards scoring as well now, if I recall correctly. Your fighter threw a couple strikes, that's it. He, on the other hand, was actively improving position throughout the first round whilst on the floor, advancing not only to full guard, but then to mount as well. Combine that with his aggression, albeit in a sub spam manner, which I'm not particularly a fan of, and he wins the round in my book. If Castro had been more aggressive, he might have even been able to finish the guy via GnP, but instead he got dominated. I'd chalk it down to bad ground sliders.

He was far more aggressive than you on the ground. Aggression counts towards scoring as well now, if I recall correctly. Your fighter threw a couple strikes, that's it. He, on the other hand, was actively improving position throughout the first round whilst on the floor, advancing not only to full guard, but then to mount as well. Combine that with his aggression, albeit in a sub spam manner, which I'm not particularly a fan of, and he wins the round in my book. If Castro had been more aggressive, he might have even been able to finish the guy via GnP, but instead he got dominated. I'd chalk it down to bad ground sliders.

he gout mount for all of a second that shouldn't mean shit. I'm leaving so it don't matter to me but if you're all cool with it then word have fun with your broken game engine that scores almost nothing for top control. Though I'm sure you're all ok with it because this is basically KickboxingTycoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I have to agree with this. If your just content to stay in one position on top and not advance or do much with throwing strikes and he was more aggressive and actively working for the submission he should have won the round. This is something that was fixed before so guys couldn't just lay on a guy and win. Control does earn you points still but if your not doing anything with it and doesn't earn you as much. You need to work on ground sliders a bit and perhaps be a bit more aggressive all around.

he gout mount for all of a second that shouldn't mean shit. I'm leaving so it don't matter to me but if you're all cool with it then word have fun with your broken game engine that scores almost nothing for top control. Though I'm sure you're all ok with it because this is basically KickboxingTycoon.

This is not true "Kickboxing Tycoon". There are several good ground fighters still around. As a matter of fact my guy Tim Key just faught a great submission fighter today. Yeah I won the fight, but just look at his record and you'll see that he is a good ground fighter.

Link to the fighter I was talking about: Mike Puska

Also with him advancing position and getting to mount all the while working for submissions and you didn't advance position or land many strikes it's going to look better for him as he put more effort into the round!

This is not true "Kickboxing Tycoon". There are several good ground fighters still around. As a matter of fact my guy Tim Key just faught a great submission fighter today. Yeah I won the fight, but just look at his record and you'll see that he is a good ground fighter.

Also with him advancing position and getting to mount all the while working for submissions and you didn't advance position or land many strikes it's going to look better for him as he put more effort into the round!

Pleae read the fight before commenting, he reversed to mount then it was literally end of round. Also I did score punches and advanced my position. Of course there is good ground guys but when it comes to decisions they at a major disadvantage.

If this was kickboxing tycoon, then my guy, Zane Peltier ...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=140827

... would have gotten murdered today in his bout against a far superior striker. Hell, forget today, he would have been dominated continuously throughout his career, being a primarily ground based fighter. Instead though, he has won ... not to toot my own horn here, many bouts he probably should have lost on paper. Look at his opponents and you'll notice many of them are superior strikers with decent wrestling and ground game to boot. Not certain if it's sliders, Peltier's raw ability or just plain dumbass luck on my part, but either way, he's proof that a ground fighter CAN work.

Edited to add ... Peltier has also won decisions. Why? Cos he's aggressive on the ground, working in a lot of strikes and actively improving his position constantly. You have to work to score, if you just lay there, you don't look impressive in the judge's eyes, and they don't score you. My first decision loss with Peltier back in the start of his career was precisely due to this. I made the same mistake as you did, and paid for it against a fellow ground fighter who really, Zane should have been able to beat, but didn't, because I didn't set his sliders right while my opponent did.

... would have gotten murdered today in his bout against a far superior striker. Hell, forget today, he would have been dominated continuously throughout his career, being a primarily ground based fighter. Instead though, he has won ... not to toot my own horn here, many bouts he probably should have lost on paper. Look at his opponents and you'll notice many of them are superior strikers with decent wrestling and ground game to boot. Not certain if it's sliders, Peltier's raw ability or just plain dumbass luck on my part, but either way, he's proof that a ground fighter CAN work.

This is a very good example!

Didn't say they can't but they at a disadvantage because top control counts for shit.

It seems I edited my post too late for everyone to see. I do hate when that happens. But ground fighters can very easily win decisions as well. You'd be surprised how effective GnP actually is. Peltier wins decisions because he doesn't just lie there. He's active, improving position and throwing strikes constantly, mixing it in with submissions. If you just lie there like a snail, nobody's going to think the fighter's even remotely impressive, much less deserving of winning a round.

It seems I edited my post too late for everyone to see. I do hate when that happens. But ground fighters can very easily win decisions as well. You'd be surprised how effective GnP actually is. Peltier wins decisions because he doesn't just lie there. He's active, improving position and throwing strikes constantly, mixing it in with submissions. If you just lie there like a snail, nobody's going to think the fighter's even remotely impressive, much less deserving of winning a round.

My guy is set to be decently active but when fighting a guy with good def g and who knows what they doing its hard to get off a good offense.

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=498332

U mad?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Didn't say they can't but they at a disadvantage because top control counts for shit.

It counts for shit when you don't improve position and throw a whopping 2-3 strikes while being in top position. Laying on a guy isn't controling. I read through the first round and it said your guy was trying to control the position but wasn't being very successful as smith was moving constantly and working for better position and looking for submissions. So be it that they were easy for your guy to get out of he was still out working your guy by far and didn't eventually move to the most dominate position on the ground where you never advanced.

My guy is set to be decently active but when fighting a guy with good def g and who knows what they doing its hard to get off a good offense.

That's all gravy, but then why would you take him down if you were afraid of his ground game? I mean what fighter in any fight take a guy down and doesn't do anything? I mean most of the time if you take someone down and don't improve position or throw strikes you would get stood up. However since he was working they didn't stand it up. All the problem is your ground slider settings. You need to improve them and this wouldn't have happened. I'm not saying you would win every fight or anything but you have to be more active in top position.

I've found ground sliders can be a tad more tricky to accurately predict a fighter's aggression on the ground, because even if you're high aggression, if you're also high control, which I'm guessing from the play by play that your fighter was, then he won't actually attempt much of anything on the ground, and will end up being punished for it. Assuming what you say is true and you had your fighter set to be decently aggressive in that bout, I'd suggest opting against high control and lean more towards the finish margin in the top position, as DaBest says.

everyone who has posted in response to the OP is correct. just laying there in top position can lose you a fight. you have to at least attempt to do something, if your opponent has any competence on the ground you will more than likely lose the round. top position for a long time does NOT automatically mean you win the round, get that through your head. your opponent was more effective and active on the ground, ergo, you lost. deal with it.

Just because you want to be able to lay on someone for 15 minutes and still win, doesn't mean it will automatically work every time. Looks like you got "unlucky" and actually got some good judges that didn't only look at who was on top in the fight.

It was a close fight. Hardly a robbery. This is an EXTREMELY crybaby thread for a fight that was fairly close.

• Upvote 3