org owners officially changing weight classes

tp61503

i know people can do this anyway but i actually mean two things by this.

one i think org owners should be able to change a fighters WC without sending a new contract.

but the other thing i mean is if an org wants to have a different weight system they whould be able to i kinda like and dont like this idea lol.

say i want my LHW division to be up to 230 lbs and my HW division to be up to 280 and my LW division 165 lbs etc etc.

• Upvote 3

Well you can't let org owners just change a contracted fighter's weight class without sending a contract renegotiation offer. Once you sign a contract, you shouldn't be able to make any changes to it without both parties agreeing to the change.

But if an org owner wants to change a division to a different weight, that would be cool. Pride and other organizations had different weight limits than what most orgs usually use now, and that works out fine. I think it would be interesting. It might be hard to change with an established org though, because like I said, you would have to send out contract renegotiation offers and hope people go with it.

• Upvote 1

sorry i wasnt quite clear enough it was late this wouldnt be without both agreeing obviously that would be wrong, im talking about not having to go through the work of resending the same contract but changing class, it could be simple option change fighters weight division.....then said fighter gets a message xx has a division change request confirm or deny and the manager would get to accept then you wouldnt have to go through the tedious process.

• Upvote 1

If you want a fighter to change weight classes (be listed as a middleweight instead of a welterweight in the rankings), you should have to send a new contract. However, you should be able to offer a fight in another weight class without sending a new offer. For example, I should be able to offer a middleweight a single fight at light heavyweight. He would still be listed as a middleweight, and if he didn't want it, he could just decline the fight.

This is like the Silva-Bonnar fight. Silva fought at LHW, but didn't formally move to the LHW division. He was still a middleweight as far as everyone was concerned.

I don't necessarily think that orgs should be able to change the weight classes because that would screw up the fighter rankings. However, orgs should definitely be able to schedule catchweight fights. It would create more superfights and fewer no contests. It is one of those topics that has a lot of support among the members, but never seems to get discussed as something being actively considered.

• Upvote 1

If you want a fighter to change weight classes (be listed as a middleweight instead of a welterweight in the rankings), you should have to send a new contract. However, you should be able to offer a fight in another weight class without sending a new offer. For example, I should be able to offer a middleweight a single fight at light heavyweight. He would still be listed as a middleweight, and if he didn't want it, he could just decline the fight.

This is like the Silva-Bonnar fight. Silva fought at LHW, but didn't formally move to the LHW division. He was still a middleweight as far as everyone was concerned.

I don't necessarily think that orgs should be able to change the weight classes because that would screw up the fighter rankings. However, orgs should definitely be able to schedule catchweight fights. It would create more superfights and fewer no contests. It is one of those topics that has a lot of support among the members, but never seems to get discussed as something being actively considered.

yes this is what i mean thank you :)