Inactivity on contracts

Bowser

I'm sure people have mentioned this before, but I'm not a fan of if you decline a fight your contract inacitivty is reset because sometimes the fights dont make sense. Like a tough fight offered for 2 days from now in a different city. No matter what I did there my inactivity gets reset. Just a thought, I'd like to see it be harder to just stall someone's contract out.

It is harder than it used to be. There used to be some very shady tricks your could use to prolong someone's contract by resetting their inactivity while they weren't even online. Now you have to decline the fight or let it expire for it to reset your inactivity. If it got any easier then it would get abused by the can crushers. I feel that it is exactly the way it needs to be.

Maybe if fights offered less than 5-7 days away from the present shouldn't be able to reset inactivity. That way short notice, obvious reset fights can't be offered.

Or possibly something built in that has to do with ID's for example: offering a 190k fighter a fight againt a double sensational 100k id fighter shouldn't effect the reset because it is clearly not a good match up.

I'm not sure if that's a lot of code to write, but it would be nice to have in my opinion.

Maybe if fights offered less than 5-7 days away from the present shouldn't be able to reset inactivity. That way short notice, obvious reset fights can't be offered.

Or possibly something built in that has to do with ID's for example: offering a 190k fighter a fight againt a double sensational 100k id fighter shouldn't effect the reset because it is clearly not a good match up.

I'm not sure if that's a lot of code to write, but it would be nice to have in my opinion.

I get what your getting at, but I suspect that that would involve some pretty heavy coding. Personally I would just ask a org owner that insisted on such things to release my fighter. Any decent org owner would not sent you such offers.

Also the 5-7 day thing would be problematic due to the QFC orgs that are out there. They probably regularly send out such fight offers since training is not an issue and they need to fill cards faster then a regular org does due to the faster turnover. The only real reason to decline a fight in a QFC org is due to injury. Imposing an exception to the inactivity reset would be bad for those orgs I think.

I think it is fine as it is. If anything, I would change it so that the inactivity clause resets every time a fighter logs in and doesn't respond to a fight offer. There is a far larger problem of fighters declining or not responding to fair fights than there is a problem of org owners trying to trap fighters without offering them fights.

Besides, even if you are concerned, just do a little research before signing somewhere. It is far easier for a fighter to research 2-3 org owners before signing somewhere than it is for an owner to research 200+ fighters before sending contract proposals.

• Upvote 1