MMA Stats

Ganja

Yeah, I personally think of Anderson as the Ali of today. He's just so interesting to watch no matter who he is fighting. I've gone back and watched so many Ali fights and it's just rirdculous to watch his foot movement. Half the time his movements didn't even make sense, but they would distract his opponent long enough to get his shots in. And the way Anderson drops his hands and just weaves reminds me a lot of Ali. Ali would drop his hands, just start moving his feet and before you know it a punch is landing square on his opponents mouth. Lol

Same man. A lot of peeps have tried to emulate Ali. Even more have cited him as one of their main inspirations. Very few embody the essence of his style like Andy. I almost compared his footwork to Ali's but I didn't wana start a nuclear war :P

Its not that the footwork is the same, but the premise and strategy of it. How many times wuz Ali off balance or not set to thro? Hardly ever if at all. Same with Anderson. He is always in position to fire. Like with the last Chael fight. As he got off the cage and broke contact with Sonnen that's all the room he needs. He starts pacing backwards. He's just walking. But the absolute microsecond that Chael tried to close the distance: Planted. Boom. Left hand. It wuz like he had gone into the future and already new exactly where he needed to be ahead of time.

Or Bonnar. I kno he's not a striking savant but the dude duznt get stopped. And Anderson's like, "Ya so, your chin is Tuff or sumthing right? Well I'm ending fights with Sternum shots now so... succs for you."

I don't really believe you can take months off then train for a few weeks and have your body conditioned to even be in the cage with a beast like Silva, much less reflexes, timing, physical adeptness, but even so. He literally ended that fight at will. I bet he coulda called his shot if he wanted to.

Dan Henderson

Elite Chin

Elite KO POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God's Right hand

This is sumthing I had found unfair for a long time. One man should not have been blessed with both a chin that could withstand atomic warfare AND a right hand that can put a rhino down. I wish I had been standing in line behind him wen God wuz handing gifts out that day. "Ya.. Ill have wut he's having."

This is sumthing I had found unfair for a long time. One man should not have been blessed with both a chin that could withstand atomic warfare AND a right hand that can put a rhino down. I wish I had been standing in line behind him wen God wuz handing gifts out that day. "Ya.. Ill have wut he's having."

it's quite a blessing tbh

As far as the game goes I think movement is more agility related. I was just going off MMATycoon stats. But I do agree with you on his movement. He's a bit flat footed which to be honest with you I think has helped him with the power shots. He doesn't have to take the time to plant and set up. Maybe that's just me. But I can see completely where you could say he has good but not elite striking defense. His chin however, has to be elite in my book. Lol. Taken plenty of hard shots and I don't think he's ever even been rocked.

I only put Anderson's GnP as low as I did because he almost never uses it. The only real GnP I've seen from him lately is off his back and GnP off your back is typically not that effective damage wise. It does seem to help him set up triangles though. :) And that's why there was a huge question mark in front of it. Just because recently I haven't seen him use it so I really don't know what level his GnP is at.

Definitely has helped him with his power shots, Chuck was the same. His chin is awesome, I even mentioned that in my first post.

He's so ruthlessly effective when finishing people he's hurt with it that I have a hard time not rating it higher, and obviously he does work effectively with GnP from the guard.

Dan Henderson

Exceptional Boxing

Superb Muay Thai

Elite Wrestling

Purple BJJ

Elite Punch

Superb Kick

Proficient Elbow

Superb Knee

Exceptional Clinchwork

Elite Striking Defense(his chin is his defense)

Sensational Ground and Pound

Exceptional Takedown Offense

Elite Takedown Defense

Proficient Submissions

Exceptional Defensive Grappling

Superb Agility

Wonderful Flexibility

Remarkable Speed

Elite Strength

Elite Conditioning

Sensational Balance

Elite Chin

God's Right hand

Agreed. God's Right Hand!!!

Dan Henderson

Exceptional Boxing

Superb Muay Thai

Elite Wrestling

Purple BJJ

Elite Punch

Superb Kick

Proficient Elbow

Superb Knee

Exceptional Clinchwork

Elite Striking Defense(his chin is his defense)

Sensational Ground and Pound

Exceptional Takedown Offense

Elite Takedown Defense

Proficient Submissions

Exceptional Defensive Grappling

Superb Agility

Wonderful Flexibility

Remarkable Speed

Elite Strength

Elite Conditioning

Sensational Balance

Elite Chin

God's Right hand

Only thing I'm not sure of on this is his conditioning. After his Shogun fight I just really think Shogun and Dan's cardio both could use some work. I could be wrong though, I really haven't seen him go 5 rounds against anyone else, so I don't know. I just know somewhere into round 3 or 4 both fighters were gasping for air and trying not to die in the process. Lol.

Same man. A lot of peeps have tried to emulate Ali. Even more have cited him as one of their main inspirations. Very few embody the essence of his style like Andy. I almost compared his footwork to Ali's but I didn't wana start a nuclear war :P

Its not that the footwork is the same, but the premise and strategy of it. How many times wuz Ali off balance or not set to thro? Hardly ever if at all. Same with Anderson. He is always in position to fire. Like with the last Chael fight. As he got off the cage and broke contact with Sonnen that's all the room he needs. He starts pacing backwards. He's just walking. But the absolute microsecond that Chael tried to close the distance: Planted. Boom. Left hand. It wuz like he had gone into the future and already new exactly where he needed to be ahead of time.

Or Bonnar. I kno he's not a striking savant but the dude duznt get stopped. And Anderson's like, "Ya so, your chin is Tuff or sumthing right? Well I'm ending fights with Sternum shots now so... succs for you."

I don't really believe you can take months off then train for a few weeks and have your body conditioned to even be in the cage with a beast like Silva, much less reflexes, timing, physical adeptness, but even so. He literally ended that fight at will. I bet he coulda called his shot if he wanted to.

Oh yeah. Anderson's killer instinct is insane for a fighter. I love the KO's he has that come out of nowhere. When he KO'd Vitor with the front kick I jumped out of my seat. And I honestly think watching him fight Griffin is one of my favorite fights. To see a guy knock someone senseless with a jab while backpedaling is a feat to watch. He's just insanely talented.

Oh yeah. Anderson's killer instinct is insane for a fighter. I love the KO's he has that come out of nowhere. When he KO'd Vitor with the front kick I jumped out of my seat. And I honestly think watching him fight Griffin is one of my favorite fights. To see a guy knock someone senseless with a jab while backpedaling is a feat to watch. He's just insanely talented.

that ko against griffin was just speechless....

• 1 month later...

Jon Fitch

Boxing - Remarkable

Muay Thai - Superb

Wrestling - Elite

BJJ - Black Belt

Punchs - Remarkable

Kicks - Strong

Elbows - Superb

Knees - Superb

Clinchwork - Wonderful

Striking Defense - Sensational