ufc 158

Lockdown

My personal opinion is Hendricks beats GSP but he doesn't match up with a long fighter with bottom game like Diaz. Diaz has a decent chance to Out tough GSP and catch him. The. Basically Hendricks gets a bad fight for the title and doesn't become champ. I think this is all to keep Hendricks from getting the belt. While give Diaz the easiest path possible. Hendricks doesn't have the size to bully Diaz with takedowns and Top control like the other wrestlers in the division.

Dana is a admitted Diaz nutrider. He is twisting the entire division to assure he has the easiest road. It also helps GSP because Diaz is someone they can easily get beat and get the belt back in GSPs hands down the road. Hendrick would possible ruin GSP and embarrass him hurting his future drawin power.

Proof they don't want Hendricks fighting GSP is the tough fight they give him. They created an interim title for Condot and allowed him to wait for GSP and never defend that belt. He should have had to fight Hendricks. They allowed him to make the interim title useless and sit out 10 months to push Hendrick down the lost. Hendricks has been given the toughest road in the UFC and now he has made it he gets another tough fight in the style he has had the most trouble. His fight with Ellenburger is going to be close and he could lose a close decisiOn. No one can keep wInning at that level. some how I don't think Hendricks would get a shot with a loss like Diaz is getting.

My personal opinion is Hendricks beats GSP but he doesn't match up with a long fighter with bottom game like Diaz. Diaz has a decent chance to Out tough GSP and catch him. The. Basically Hendricks gets a bad fight for the title and doesn't become champ. I think this is all to keep Hendricks from getting the belt. While give Diaz the easiest path possible. Hendricks doesn't have the size to bully Diaz with takedowns and Top control like the other wrestlers in the division.

Dana is a admitted Diaz nutrider. He is twisting the entire division to assure he has the easiest road. It also helps GSP because Diaz is someone they can easily get beat and get the belt back in GSPs hands down the road. Hendrick would possible ruin GSP and embarrass him hurting his future drawin power.

Proof they don't want Hendricks fighting GSP is the tough fight they give him. They created an interim title for Condot and allowed him to wait for GSP and never defend that belt. He should have had to fight Hendricks. They allowed him to make the interim title useless and sit out 10 months to push Hendrick down the lost. Hendricks has been given the toughest road in the UFC and now he has made it he gets another tough fight in the style he has had the most trouble. His fight with Ellenburger is going to be close and he could lose a close decisiOn. No one can keep wInning at that level. some how I don't think Hendricks would get a shot with a loss like Diaz is getting.

hendricks is the new fitch. its not like we haven't seen this before.loud mouth kos gets title over fitch just like loud mouth diaz over hendricks

i don't think diaz blew it tbh.....i honestly thought diaz beat condit but that is my opinion.

I was taking about him no showing the press conference and canceling the first fight. But even so we can over rule official decisions with our person opinion of decisions. Dana himself has never set a precident of not accepting the official decision.

hendricks is the new fitch. its not like we haven't seen this before.loud mouth kos gets title over fitch just like loud mouth diaz over hendricks

That does t make sense. Fitch got his title shot. I don't mind boring fighters not getting rematches. Fitch's style means he has to be extraordinary to get another shot since he was dominated to begin with. Hendricks is a killer and should at least get his shot. Not put on the sideline until someone gets the belt he can't beat.

That does t make sense. Fitch got his title shot. I don't mind boring fighters not getting rematches. Fitch's style means he has to be extraordinary to get another shot since he was dominated to begin with. Hendricks is a killer and should at least get his shot. Not put on the sideline until someone gets the belt he can't beat.

i'm js fitch after his shot beat top guys at the time and didn't get a shot........

He did t beat as many as Hendricks and in the same fashion. Like I said I don't mind guys being not given a shot if they already had one. Fitch had his shot. He tried to earn another shot beating the same guys he already beat. Basically he never shown he improved to have a better chance against GSP. No reason to give the same guy who got destroyed another shot. Rematches should be very rare. I'm not a fan of them but Fitch didn't earn another shot because there was already someOne deserving. His job was to make sure he was the only one deserving to get that rematch. He didn't do that.

He did t beat as many as Hendricks and in the same fashion. Like I said I don't mind guys being not given a shot if they already had one. Fitch had his shot. He tried to earn another shot beating the same guys he already beat. Basically he never shown he improved to have a better chance against GSP. No reason to give the same guy who got destroyed another shot. Rematches should be very rare. I'm not a fan of them but Fitch didn't earn another shot because there was already someOne deserving. His job was to make sure he was the only one deserving to get that rematch. He didn't do that.

the only person he beat over again was thiago alves lol. fitch beat paulo thiago after thiago beat kos......and kos got the shot

the UFC has only remained loyal to the "#1 contender" when the #1 contender is the best possible matchup or the only resort. if there's a better fight out there then they go with it almost every time. it's the same as professional wrestling except that professional wrestling can actually pick who wins. the UFC can only influence who wins. but to believe that the UFC is just blindly making matchups is ludicrous. it's all about the money and who can sale. just like i said earlier. the only time that a blue collar fighter gets his due is when he's went twice as far and done twice as much and he's the final option

it's all about the money and who can sale. just like i said earlier. the only time that a blue collar fighter gets his due is when he's went twice as far and done twice as much and he's the final option

I really think this sums it up perfectly.

I don't think it's right but I do think that this is how it goes.

I agree Hendricks is the top contender and a real threat to GSP. I don't think Diaz is a threat to him. The styles just favor GSP more. That being said, I do not think GSP is ducking him. I think Diaz disrespected him so much that GSP was even cheering for his own team mate to lose just so he could get Diaz in the cage. Remember the Condit fight? How many times have you seen someone cheering for their team member to lose? Also, while we do love to see Hendricks KO pretty much everyone in crazy highlights Diaz for some reason is the more well known name. I think mostly for the trash talk and weed. It is not the fight I would have chosen, but I can see easily why Dana and GSP wanted it. I just hope Hendricks gets through his next fight and is given the next shot. That has the potential to rock WW and really make things interesting.

the UFC has only remained loyal to the "#1 contender" when the #1 contender is the best possible matchup or the only resort. if there's a better fight out there then they go with it almost every time. it's the same as professional wrestling except that professional wrestling can actually pick who wins. the UFC can only influence who wins. but to believe that the UFC is just blindly making matchups is ludicrous. it's all about the money and who can sale. just like i said earlier. the only time that a blue collar fighter gets his due is when he's went twice as far and done twice as much and he's the final option

I agree. But the UFC has always went through the process to make that fighter credible. They did it with Diaz when they gave him Penn but the fight with GSP didnt happen. Condit was the monkey wrench they didnt plan on and Diaz couldnt beat him. But the UFC always makes the fighter credible. That is why Chael had to jump back in the cage and fight Bisping to get the rematch everyone in the world knew had to happen. This is by far the worst match the UFC has ever made by choice. They have no excuse about injuries or no one else deserving. It hurts their credibility. IF this is how things works then rankings and even the title of champion is meaningless. Any sport relys on those things to mean something. Now im not going to act like the sky is falling over this like a typical sherdogger when they dont agree with a curtain fight. There have been non deserving challengers in the past get shots for various reasons and no one ever remembers thems. IF the guy wins he justifys the match up like Brock did vs Randy. Or he loses and everyone moves and and forgets it ever happens. I think fans make a stink more so because their favorite fighter could lose to a guy who they feel is very low level because they havent been manipulated by the hype of that guy yet. My beef is more so with the fact it seems the UFC is going out of its way to screw Handricks and keep him from ever getting a piece of GSP. If he sat out and was told he was getting GSP next i would be fine with a GSP/Diaz fight. I would just look at it as an extra fight. But i cant do that when i see the fights we are losing because of it.

According to ole Dana White, they didn't pass up Hendricks. According to them GSP went to them and asked them for a favor and give him the Diaz fight.

http://www.mmatorch....cle_15355.shtml

I really believe GSP thinks that Diaz is an easier fight which I agree with if he does. I don't think GSP would lose to either of them, but at least Hendricks has a punchers chance. I think GSP is thinking more on the fact that he had been out for so long and wants to work his way back into it. I think that head kick scare with Condit has made him re-think facing another fighter who could put him in the same situation.

You have to be fucking stupid if you think that GSP is afrain to fight Hendricks! He just wants to fight Diaz and its not like he wants to fight him for the first time just now he have the chance to fight him and why not to?

You have to be fucking stupid if you think that GSP is afrain to fight Hendricks! He just wants to fight Diaz and its not like he wants to fight him for the first time just now he have the chance to fight him and why not to?

You can call it being afraid or just "business". It doesnt matter. GSP and everyone in his camp are using every excuse in the book to avoid Hendricks. Even his train is trying to argue Diaz is #1 contender. They are full of shit. If they want a grudge match then call it what it is. The fact they dont come out and say they have a score to settle with Diaz and Hendricks is next is they dont want to fight Hendricks. I dont give a damn wether he is technically afraid or not. Very few fighters at this level are afraid of anyone. But they are afraid to lose what they have and almost everyone of them are guilty when it comes to someone they are not confident in.

You can call it being afraid or just "business". It doesnt matter. GSP and everyone in his camp are using every excuse in the book to avoid Hendricks. Even his train is trying to argue Diaz is #1 contender. They are full of shit. If they want a grudge match then call it what it is. The fact they dont come out and say they have a score to settle with Diaz and Hendricks is next is they dont want to fight Hendricks. I dont give a damn wether he is technically afraid or not. Very few fighters at this level are afraid of anyone. But they are afraid to lose what they have and almost everyone of them are guilty when it comes to someone they are not confident in.

They're not "avoiding him" so much as GSP wants to shut Nick's mouth. Seems like he really got under his skin, Its really a win/win, because Hendricks will have more time to grow in the public eye and hopefully sell more PPV's. He'll get his shot...it's not George's fault no one knows who he is.

All Hendricks has is a big looping haymaker. He's not going to beat him in the clinch, outwrestle, or blast him with a high kick. Don't get me wrong--he's earned a title shot--he's just a minimal threat...then again so is Diaz.

Seems like he really got under his skin

This I just have such a hard time believing. After seeing the degree of focus and ability to let shit talk slide by him like he showed on TUF against Kos, I really don't see how the little bit of whining that Diaz has done could have gotten under his skin. I guess anything is possible but it just really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That's mostly what leads me to believe he wants the easier fight. There's really no threat with Diaz.

According to ole Dana White, they didn't pass up Hendricks. According to them GSP went to them and asked them for a favor and give him the Diaz fight.

http://www.mmatorch....cle_15355.shtml

I really believe GSP thinks that Diaz is an easier.

You are contradicting yourself. If GSP prefered Diaz they did pass up Hendricks. Which to me is a pretty damn good reason to give him the fight that he didn't want. Aah, so you think Diaz is easier? Fuck you, here is Hendricks.

You are contradicting yourself. If GSP prefered Diaz they did pass up Hendricks. Which to me is a pretty damn good reason to give him the fight that he didn't want. Aah, so you think Diaz is easier? Fuck you, here is Hendricks.

What are you talking about? Read the article and you'll see I'm not contradicting anything. That's what Dana White is saying.

And Diaz is definitely the easier fight. Terrible wrestling and no one punch power. He matches up with GSP horribly.

What are you talking about? Read the article and you'll see I'm not contradicting anything. That's what Dana White is saying.

And Diaz is definitely the easier fight. Terrible wrestling and no one punch power. He matches up with GSP horribly.

I agree with you.

This I just have such a hard time believing. After seeing the degree of focus and ability to let shit talk slide by him like he showed on TUF against Kos, I really don't see how the little bit of whining that Diaz has done could have gotten under his skin. I guess anything is possible but it just really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That's mostly what leads me to believe he wants the easier fight. There's really no threat with Diaz.

I agree. Diaz didnt do much to offend and what was done could easily be looked at as hyping the fight. I dont believe GSP gives two shits about anything Diaz has done or said. It all comes down to Diaz never being that great and riding a lot of hype built in the minor leagues. I can list a shit pile of guys who have built a ton of hype outside the UFC who were push overs once in the UFC. Remember Jorge Santiago coming back to the UFC after he went to Sengoku and smashed everyone and people put in back in the rankings and were riding his nuts? Lost out of the UFC. Went 11-1 in Strikeforce and Sengoku. He was Strikeforce and Sengoku Grand Prix champion. He was also Sengoku Middle weight champ. SO he got a shot in the UFC again and was smashed 2 fights in a row and got his walking papers. What you do outside the UFC doesnt matter. Diaz has been in the UFC before and wasnt much more than a tough out. Everyone can let his move to lower level fighters fool them. But nothing has changed except his age. GSP knows this and he is by far the easier fight. He is still dangerous but thats it. Even if he lived up to SF hype he still doesnt match up with GSP. IF SF was as meaningless as it was for Santiago then Diaz has actually gotten much worse than his first run in the UFC and he gets smoked. Eitehr way its a much safer fight than taking on someone who is smashing the top guys in the top promotion in the world. Hendricks isnt smashing people in the Minors where Diaz struggled at times. I dont blame GSP for taking the wasier fight. Its smart on his part and good business. BUt i dont think he should be allowed to have his pick. Dana should be setting these fights not allowed guys to take the path of least resistance. You cant let fighters making your ranking and title picture obsolete and think you can just point the finger at someone else. Truth is Dana wants this fight and knows Hendricks is getting screwed. He is just using GSP as a cop out. No fight happens without his approval and few fighters get to pick who they fight when there is a clear contender. He likes Diaz and it will sell so he is trying to let GSP take all the blame for a fight he wants too. But dont wan tto be blames for screwing Hendricks.

I agree. Diaz didnt do much, but I like the way that his body looks. I dont believe GSP gives two shits about anything Diaz has done or said. It all comes down to Diaz never being that great in bed and riding a lot of hype built in the minor leagues. I like to ride donkey dicks. Remember Jorge Santiago coming back to the UFC after he went to Sengoku and smashed my asshole and I put in my back and were riding his dick? Bla blie bla and so forth on so on... Lost out of the UFC. Went 11-1 in Strikeforce and Sengoku. He was Strikeforce and Sengoku Grand Prix champion. He was also Sengoku Middle weight champ. SO he got a shot in the UFC again and was smashed 2 fights in a row and got his walking papers. What you do outside the UFC doesnt matter. Diaz has been in the UFC before and wasnt much more than a tough out. Everyone can let his move to lower level fighters fool them. But nothing has changed except his age. GSP knows this and he is by far the easier fight. He is still dangerous but thats it. Even if he lived up to SF hype he still doesnt match up with GSP. IF SF was as meaningless as it was for Santiago then Diaz has actually gotten much worse than his first run in the UFC and he gets smoked. Eitehr way its a much safer fight than taking on someone who is smashing the top guys in the top promotion in the world. Hendricks isnt smashing people in the Minors where Diaz struggled at times. I dont blame GSP for taking the wasier fight. Its smart on his part and good business. BUt i dont think he should be allowed to have his pick. Dana should be setting these fights not allowed guys to take the path of least resistance. You cant let fighters making your ranking and title picture obsolete and think you can just point the finger at someone else. Truth is Dana wants this fight and knows Hendricks is getting screwed. He is just using GSP as a cop out. No fight happens without his approval and few fighters get to pick who they fight when there is a clear contender. He likes Diaz and it will sell so he is trying to let GSP take all the blame for a fight he wants too. But dont wan tto be blames for screwing Hendricks.

Thanks for your insight. I wish that I thought of that. That was a very interesting read.