Muay Thai in London (MTiL)

lylehumphreys

My fighter (Hank McCoy) is in the premier league- Id exchange quite a few messages with him and had no hint of anything.

Hopefully its just a christmas thing- I run an org myself, and theres been managers you normally think of as some of the most commited getting up to the 3 or 5 day mark inactive (having said that there was more than one I exchanged multiple messages with on christmas day, thats ignoring your family of the highest order- well done that man).... THe majority of them are already comming back/havnt been that long.

One would assume he wouldnt have scheduled events so close together if he expected to go a long time without the internet (student going to parents for 3 weeks who might not have decent internet for example) I think its entierly posible he's given up on the org, the first few events havnt done well.

I really hope its not the case, but if he has given up i agree its a real shame for those in the creation tournyment. would people involved be open to trying to continue it under the banner of another org ?(after the inactivity clauses are up)

OK. Well if theres interest from the fighters, and ideally the original sponsors, then I'll put my org forward (my fighters non tourny so i dont feel its a conflict of interests).

We've got 20 days of inactivity left so we'll see what happens.

But if people express interest as they see this i might start making some moves behind the scenes

OK. Well if theres interest from the fighters, and ideally the original sponsors, then I'll put my org forward (my fighters non tourny so i dont feel its a conflict of interests).

We've got 20 days of inactivity left so we'll see what happens.

But if people express interest as they see this i might start making some moves behind the scenes

Well the next round was supposed to be 1/2/13 so whatever the case that aint happening now. Lets just keep this thread bumped here and there for the next week or so and if he doesnt come back be ready to round up whoever wants to finish this thing since we're all going to be free at the same time. I can't see anything wrong with that. He seemed like a cool, sharp guy that might have made this work but we cant wait around forever. Hell, he could have fell off a cliff for all we know.

funny you should say that, just a few days ago I was just having a pm discussion with a manager and was explaining that me not wanting to sign like 8 fighters from one manager to my org is that if they go inactive thats a lot to loose at once and can really fuck up a lot of plans. and that it wasnt a matter of questioning his commitment- it was the chance of someone getting mowed down a bus tomorrow (in the end I signed 3 fighters and told him to look both ways before crossing) but these things do happen.

The thing that makes me willing to beleive he's given up and moved on rather than died is that when someone said he seemed to know a lot about running an org for someone so new to the game he said he'd had another account previously (and i think hinted he'd been org staff) so he may well still have that account.

i know i didnt create a guy for this, but Hank is really wanting to get back to kneeing people in the face- I flew him over from LA at my expense on the basis that fighting every 2 weeks he'd make it back, not fight twice then have ages off!

Is there a market for K-1 in London?

Could there be an org as big as Dynasty but in Europe?

If so I have $1m and own a private gym I could move on to open this up but don't want it to die after a few events?

I don't know the ins and outs of the tournament but I've got funds and if we can get a few weight classes like (135/145/155) (170/185) and (205/265) (265+)

I'd do it.

We need to battle with Dynasty!

Is there a market for K-1 in London?

Could there be an org as big as Dynasty but in Europe?

If so I have $1m and own a private gym I could move on to open this up but don't want it to die after a few events?

I don't know the ins and outs of the tournament but I've got funds and if we can get a few weight classes like (135/145/155) (170/185) and (205/265) (265+)

I'd do it.

We need to battle with Dynasty!

+1 I have always wanted a new K1 org in the game, I would back up an org with Money as well with Funkyama if needed! We need a good org for K1.

If my org did it it'd be on a to finish the tourny and then we'll see basis. As long as it didnt detract from what im already doing.

Funkyama could focus on the kickboxing entirely. so i think is the best option we have here.

Im not sure if it would be as big as dynsty but with his funds he wont make the mistake I assume MTiL have and thus do better.

(to me it looks like he's started with very little funds other than the loan, booked 4 events right off ($16k) presuming we're all on the same contract $33k in signing bonuses- Leaving not enough to cover good enough advertising or production to make his first event a sucsess- and then spent 10k more on fighter pay than got from ticket sales, so couldnt put funds into the second.- if funkyama is willing to throw money at the first few events it'll draw more than 94 people!)

I have the concept of the org, I've messaged the guy I hold a private gym for and asked to move it on, as soon as this is done. We are good to go.

Here is the concept.

Org name: UK-1

Based - London

Weights

135/145/155 - combined KT rules

170/185 - combined KT rules

205/265 - combined KT rules

265+ - QFC KT (3x3 minute rounds) - all money to manager account.

I have over $1m for this

I'm also sacking off my fighters so I'm only going to fight QFC bar 3 fighters. So let's do this.

• Upvote 2