Best New Org of the Year 2012

Eveas

Best New Org of the Year 2012  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best new org created in 2012?

• Immortals NY
    • HERO Fighting Championship
    • QFC Tokyo
    • Survival of the Fittest
    • Untouchable Fight League
    • Aggressive Damage

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Eternal Rivals never got nominated. First event was 01-01-2012 and I think we had to be one of the fastest growing organizations ever (got to over 100 fighters in under a month and none of them were my own!) since then we have been as high as #3 in Tokyo and #21 worldwide. Satisfaction rating is currently 99% from 26 ratings but no nomination :( I didn't want to be lame and self nominate or ask someone else too.

That said I do think that 2-3 of the orgs in this poll are more deserving it just would have been nice to be on the list <sniff> I'll be out back drowning in my sorrows <sniff>

Davy, you have definitely done great things with Rivals. Its too bad nobody nominated you. I think you have a lot of satisfied members, so don't take it as a slight. Its the one weakness of our nomination system. We don't necessarily get the best of the best on the nomination lists.

Immortals looks like a really active org, and a lot of fun...but something really bothers me about the org, and it's the low fighter payouts. I really just don't like seeing managers get shortchanged, so I chose QFCT.

It's not the Smack Talk of the year award. Smack talk has been a part of this game for the nearly 4 years that I've been playing, as have event writeups. I'm sure you can count dozens, if not hundreds of orgs over the life of the game that have done things in a similar way to Immortals; trying to engage their fighters with writeups and smack talk and nice posters and whatnot.

No, there hasn't been an org that has done this. Other orgs have TRIED to create smack talk and interest in their org through write-ups and previews but have failed to get any involvement whatsoever. Currently the Immortals thread is over 100 pages long with over 2000 replies. The second most active org has less than 400 replies and no replies since November.

That places Immortals head and shoulders over other orgs in terms of manager involvement and interest in the org. I have fighters in other orgs and have had other fighters in many other orgs in the past. In none of those orgs did I really get to know the other fighters or managers. I accepted fight offers from an anonymous fight maker, scouted my opponent for the fight, and fought the fight all without saying a word to my opponent. Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

Thanks NexusX & Eveas I appreciate it. You right ER is making some big moves I'm pretty sure we will break into the top 20 by the end of the month.

As for Immortals, it is definitely a great thing they have going and your right about being head over shoulders above the rest as far as manager involvement goes. I have tried on several occasions to get some activity in the ER thread using previews/reviews as a trigger but it has never worked and it always fizzles out quickly so I am envious :) I have two fighters in Immortals now and enjoy it very much.

Funkyama you deserve every minus 1 you get

Also Immortals was for a while when I sucked(and I still do) the only thing keeping me in the game- in Immortals unlike QFC Tokyo you have the chance to build rivalries and tough it out against all different breeds of fighters of all different ages, the write ups are incredible, the events themselves are incredible, the satisfaction rate is always between 94-97 percent, theres just a boatload of fighter and manager talent, its really awesome. Not digging at other orgs but I voted Immortals. Maybe because I've been involved since the start but its amazing...

• Upvote 1

Did you ever heard Johnny Cash sing The Folsom Prison Blues? He hates the train and the people on board because they keep on moving whilst he is stuck in prison.

fbwellman in turn hates you because you're not locked under the stairs of your foster parents home, fed bread crusts and fish heads and forced to get your hydration from suckling the moss which grows on the bricks in the more dark, dank sections of that fetid dungeon.

Cut the man some slack.

Immortals looks like a really active org, and a lot of fun...but something really bothers me about the org, and it's the low fighter payouts. I really just don't like seeing managers get shortchanged, so I chose QFCT.

At inception Immortals inherited a goodly number of fighters from the defunct VFC, and within only a few weeks the roster was way over 200, leading to 3 events per week, to keep everyone happy. Dead Disney even asked how we were not going broke.

This will have impacted on our global ranking, and capacity to generate revenue, so much so, we still barely fill 2,000 seater venues because the roster is 197, and many high skilled and low hype guys are coming our way.

Davey at Eternal Rivals is ranked in the 40's and books out huge venues, and puts this back in via wages most likely, but I know he is envious of what the Immortals and principly its managers have created, as he is one or ours himself.

So its swings and roundabouts, some weeks I coin it in, some weeks I dont. The org in general is very liquid because I dont use/fund private gyms, so it just accumulates.

The question would be whether I were to tip the low hype fighters, run less cards, book bigger venues and pay more to the fighters? Or stick with the model, whereby managers get a contract (they can negotiate), I book venues and arrange cards to suit managers needing fights (not the org making cash). Managers are coming to Immortals now, not for the cash, but to get a fight against a Wellman fighter, a Falcone fighter, Assasi, Heisman, Monroe, Melton etc, because it will get hyped, previewed and mused upon.

When considering our org rank and complete package including the Immortals Fight Camp, I dont think our managers get such a bum deal.

As for comparing the QFC T to Immortals, UFL, ER etc its chalk and cheese, they are two completely separate gaming experiences, which essentially suit different needs Tycoon VIPs have.

In cricket (not a sport I watch much) the Indian Premier League attracts a largely different audience to the those that swear by Test Match Cricket.

I think we can only conclude that both orgs, QFC T and Immortals are acheiving great results for two differing Tycoon audiences, thanks to innovation and player participation respectively.

On a separate note, Davey in Eternal Rivals is a pleasure to deal with, John Hetfield in UFL is top draw, Ive heard Hero are a good org, and incidentally DFC London I rate too. I have no experience of the others nominated.

• Upvote 3

I have 200 fighters, ran 2 events a week throughout the entire year and fill the 2000 and nowadays more or less the 3000 stadium every weekend.

I just run the 'main event' on the weekend and fill the midweek cards from the bottom of the division up. This eventually brings up quality for the weekend events will also give managers to fight equal level opponents and decide whether or not they want to keep them. Just pay the fighters according to their hype/pop at the time and after their 4-5 fights do it all over again!

It sounds like we run fairly similar shows so I'd reckon you should be able to run a decent mix of those two models you have described. You may not sell out the Colosseum but you can still turn a decent amount of coin whilst giving good opportunities across the entire range of fighters.

They are 4 fight deals, but that sounds a simple enough model. I will go back to Wed and weekend cards once the current bookings run out, and schedule it that way. I try and get a couple of big fights on each card to boost it, but sometimes they look uneven week to week. Thanks for the advice.

It's all good. I managed to progress from around #120 in the world to #35 over the course of the year.

You will obviously drop down the rankings and lose some hype after each midweek event, but if you have decent production values (I don't know what other people use, but I am using 15k flat for all events now, usually for a 1k midweek arena and a 3k weekend arena) and try to have a title fight or two in each weekend event then it will slowly increase in total over time. It will also see divisions which are hype heavy at the top and hype lacking at the bottom with very little middleground which makes it easier to make cards as time goes on.

The next difficulty is retaining the talent once they get greedy ;)

Yeah ER has some pretty good talent right now but its costing me a lot. I've actually been losing money lately and had to buy someone VIP to get myself out of trouble. I think things will be turning around starting this month though and hopefully we'll start turning a profit again. I'm pretty confident that the next 2 events will propel the org into the top 20 but time will tell.

Good luck with the orgs guys and here's to another good year! <clink>

Yeah I was rank 21 before that last event. I screwed it up. In December I booked too many events and by the time i got to that last event almost all my fighters with good hype were unavailable so I couldn't come up with decent main events. The overall card was made up of only average match ups. Lesson learned! I also had to strip a champ so lost hype there as well. I should be able to bounce back this month.

P.S. if anybody has any tips to run successful PPV please PM! I don't have a clue.. I tried one awhile back and lost 150k.

At inception Immortals inherited a goodly number of fighters from the defunct VFC, and within only a few weeks the roster was way over 200, leading to 3 events per week, to keep everyone happy. Dead Disney even asked how we were not going broke.

This will have impacted on our global ranking, and capacity to generate revenue, so much so, we still barely fill 2,000 seater venues because the roster is 197, and many high skilled and low hype guys are coming our way.

Davey at Eternal Rivals is ranked in the 40's and books out huge venues, and puts this back in via wages most likely, but I know he is envious of what the Immortals and principly its managers have created, as he is one or ours himself.

So its swings and roundabouts, some weeks I coin it in, some weeks I dont. The org in general is very liquid because I dont use/fund private gyms, so it just accumulates.

The question would be whether I were to tip the low hype fighters, run less cards, book bigger venues and pay more to the fighters? Or stick with the model, whereby managers get a contract (they can negotiate), I book venues and arrange cards to suit managers needing fights (not the org making cash). Managers are coming to Immortals now, not for the cash, but to get a fight against a Wellman fighter, a Falcone fighter, Assasi, Heisman, Monroe, Melton etc, because it will get hyped, previewed and mused upon.

When considering our org rank and complete package including the Immortals Fight Camp, I dont think our managers get such a bum deal.

As for comparing the QFC T to Immortals, UFL, ER etc its chalk and cheese, they are two completely separate gaming experiences, which essentially suit different needs Tycoon VIPs have.

In cricket (not a sport I watch much) the Indian Premier League attracts a largely different audience to the those that swear by Test Match Cricket.

I think we can only conclude that both orgs, QFC T and Immortals are acheiving great results for two differing Tycoon audiences, thanks to innovation and player participation respectively.

On a separate note, Davey in Eternal Rivals is a pleasure to deal with, John Hetfield in UFL is top draw, Ive heard Hero are a good org, and incidentally DFC London I rate too. I have no experience of the others nominated.

Thank you for the lengthy reply...that all makes a lot of sense, so you've convinced me to switch my vote. Best of luck!

Thank you Steel for mentioning DFC even though we were not nominated. We have just filled the writer position which I think is a big gap filled now so hopefully onwards and upwards now..

I personally voted for QFC Tokyo as this org feels like a game changer for me. It's a really fun format, low maintenance and Eveas is a good guy to do business with.

I can also highly recommend Hero and UFL too. AJ and John are great org owners and rightly deserve to be in the nominees bracket.