This is legal?

Who the hell cares? If someone wants to change their body, let them. We let people get more 'beautiful' with plastic surgery all the time. So these transgenders have a different idea of beauty and want to be the other sex. Good for them. I'll never do it, and I hope against hope that my son never wants to do that, but if he does, its his life. I dont have to like it, to tolerate it. Its amazing to me how much other people impose their views on others. If they don't like it, no one can do it, even if it doesnt affect them in the least. File this right next to gay marriage.

• Upvote 1

Who the hell cares? If someone wants to change their body, let them. We let people get more 'beautiful' with plastic surgery all the time. So these transgenders have a different idea of beauty and want to be the other sex. Good for them. I'll never do it, and I hope against hope that my son never wants to do that, but if he does, its his life. I dont have to like it, to tolerate it. Its amazing to me how much other people impose their views on others. If they don't like it, no one can do it, even if it doesnt affect them in the least. File this right next to gay marriage.

The real question is have far can it go? If some one would like and it would be possible to change yourself in to a dog you also would be cool with it?

Why does it bother you what other people do? I don't have to agree with it to tolerate it. I think plastic surgery in all forms, sucks.

This bothers me because society is fucked up. Because all of these freaks comes out only bad things all these pedophiles and other sick people.

This bothers me because society is fucked up. Because all of these freaks comes out only bad things all these pedophiles and other sick people.

So transgender = pedophiles

Gotcha. Really intelligent world view you have there. You are basically saying a little bad thing, whatever it is, leads to a lot more of it. So does that mean your presence = a forewarning of some super-retard that's going to post in every thread here?

So transgender = pedophiles

Gotcha. Really intelligent world view you have there. You are basically saying a little bad thing, whatever it is, leads to a lot more of it. So does that mean your presence = a forewarning of some super-retard that's going to post in every thread here?

Of course now you dont understand again my point. I am saying that if we allow to much debauchery then there will be a lot of fucked up in head people.

There are exceptions. I do wish we lived 700 years ago where science had not much impact. Life was harder shorter and brutal but so much simpler, someone stabs your brother go kill him simple

If we lived 700 years ago you'd probably have died horribly before the age of 10. Read your history boy.

Also most medieval societies had very strict rules against blood feuds.

I once was at a BBQ and I offered a little kid chicken. The father stopped me and said that his kid didn't like chicken. I quickly found out that coincidentally the father didn't like chicken either. They weren't vegitarians. So when the father didn't look I gave the kid chicken anyways and the kid loved it. Strange how that works.

Kids are so easily influenced. They will do or like wathever their parents tell them. They shouldn't be forced into making decision that they can't take back. Some parents are total nutcases. It's not so crazy for this kid to be confused because both of his parents were women. And they didn't seem to understand. They gave a reasoning to it that suit them. They don't have any guilt this way. It was the kid who had the problem. And it's the kid who has to be fixed and live with it. This kid will never have a normal relationship, will never have his own kids, will never even have normal sex. I don't believe that somebody who can't be sexually satisfied can truly be happy. And that's what his/her parents took away when they made this decision.

I'm not totally convinced the doctor that performed the operation, or is going to, shouldn't be put in jail because of this. And it gives me more reason to believe that same sex adoption shouldn't be allowed in many or most instances. Especially between two guys, but seemingly also between two women.

Here's the thing. A sex change operation doesn't exist. Maybe in 3014 it does, but now it doesn't. You can't change into another sex. Just like you can't change into another species. The only shot in life is to accept how you are born. If you have difficulty with that, see a psychologist. A good one.

performed what operation?

They were giving the kid hormone blocking drugs in september 2011, so most likely the sex change operation that their parents planned has already been done. You are not going to give your kid hormone blocking drugs unless you are planning a sex change operation.

Or maybe not I don't know. I just find it sad already that this kid is screwed for the rest of his life.

If we lived 700 years ago you'd probably have died horribly before the age of 10. Read your history boy.

Also most medieval societies had very strict rules against blood feuds.

1. Dont call me boy

2. life was simpler but it was more brutal yes only the strong survived

3. We wouldnt have to worry about transgenders

4. I hate guns, if your going to kill someone best do it in a good old fashioned sense

5. Dont call me boy or ill challenge your to a duel ill throw down my gauntlet

we dont have to worry about transgendered people...i'm not worried about it at all. you choose what worries you.

I am not worried about pedophiles at all but that doesnt mean they are fine.

They were giving the kid hormone blocking drugs in september 2011, so most likely the sex change operation that their parents planned has already been done. You are not going to give your kid hormone blocking drugs unless you are planning a sex change operation.

Or maybe not I don't know. I just find it sad already that this kid is screwed for the rest of his life.

did you read the article?

Here's the thing. A sex change operation doesn't exist. Maybe in 3014 it does, but now it doesn't. You can't change into another sex. Just like you can't change into another species. The only shot in life is to accept how you are born. If you have difficulty with that, see a psychologist. A good one.

So where's the line drawn for you? Is plastic surgery acceptable? Any kind of cosmetic surgery?

I think you are right, to a degree. You can't actually change sexes, just your appearance. But clearly its not their only shot in life, because many people are getting these operations done. I also agree that there is usually some underlying psychological problem behind all of it, but this is a part of freedom. It may take a turn to the extreme, and at that point, your belief system in freedom and the right to pursue happiness is tested. Me personally? I have no idea why pot is illegal. I have no idea why there isn't mandatory drug testing for welfare. I have no idea why we as a people sat here mostly silent or indifferent as the US govt bailed out countless companies that gave their CEOs and execs BONUSES with that money.

I'm worried about things that really affect the country and the people in it, not wagging a morally superior finger at people who want to change their appearance to what they feel they are inside. Only thing I'd be pushing for is that if you are a transgender person and you engage in any kind of sexual relations, the partner has the right to know that you are transgender, otherwise it should be a crime of some sort. Other than that... who cares? People said the same thing about tattoos and piercings, and those people are productive to society too. Stepping on people's freedoms because you think its weird is exactly the opposite of what American ideals are supposed to be all about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you are right, to a degree. You can't actually change sexes, just your appearance. But clearly its not their only shot in life, because many people are getting these operations done.

Yep, and now they are pariah freaks with no working sex organs, no chance to reproduce, no chance to find a normal partner and so no chance for a normal life. It's probably even hard to find a job. But maybe that's what makes them happy.

I'm worried about things that really affect the country and the people in it, not wagging a morally superior finger at people who want to change their appearance to what they feel they are inside.

This is a kid. The parents are doing this to him. I don't care if adults do this. Just don't ask me for compasion.

Well, if you read the story, the kid threatened to mutilate himself in a way that would have not only ruined him physically, but likely emotionally, worse than he already was. So the parents had a decision to make - allow the kid what he wanted, or dare him to do it. Based on what the story projects, and really, common sense dictating that they would know better than an outside source, they made the tough decision and allowed him to have the procedure.

It does NOT affect everybody. How does it affect you personally that this kid chose this path? Or that his parents allowed it? It literally doesn't affect you in a single, minute way.

Personally I think its kind of ridiculous that you'd make such sweeping judgements while admitting that you didnt even read the entire article. You assume what's happening, and then you react to it. Not really a fair way to look at something, especially if you're going to argue one side as heavily as you are.