$50,000 givaway quiz!

raingwc

Hey everyone!

The first one to answer correctly the following question will receive $50,000 of ingame monies.

(I will not give the money to a VIP, or a veteran without VIP status. So please only new people answer the question!)

Question is as follows:

What , if anything, would happen if our Sun was to be suddenly replaced by a frozen star?

Good luck!

• Day 1, satellites will fail Panic, looting, killings - plenty of people revisiting churches, synagogues or whatever.

• Day 2, diesel and all fuels will freeze. Burst pipes - water, gas overhead power lines will fail - ice accumulation. Winds will drop or stop completely as there is now no difference in temperature. Oceans/seas will begin to freeze and the levels will drop as ice is accumulated around the polar regions.

• Day 3. All surface water would have frozen. Most people frozen dead in their homes.

• Day 4. Nobody can venture outside. All non nuclear power stations have now ceased working.

• Day 5. Nuclear power stations cease working as electrical systems mal function.

• Day 6. Seas frozen. Ice sheets everywhere.

• Day 7. Total nothingness.

If I remember correctly it takes roughly 6-9 minutes for the suns heat to reach us. So we'd have a few minutes to see wtf is going on before we we all died.

That's not enough time for anybody to figure out something like that has happened to the sun

is somethign wrong with me if i get really scared thinking about the possibility of the sun not working correctly and how fragile the whole system is? i get truly anxious and scared...

Just a quick note for anyone who is actually anxious about this coming to pass, it is impossible for the sun to actually collapse and become a black hole. It would have to grow up to four times it's current size to be viable, and if the sun was four times bigger than it currently is, we'd have entirely different problems altogether. Not to mention the process takes billions of years, so.

With that said, if this did happen hypothetically, nothing would happen to Earth itself. It would continue along in it's orbit, the exact same way it does now. Life on earth, on the other hand, would freeze to death in about five minutes, before we even really realised what happened, because it takes eight minutes for the light of the sun to reach us. We wouldn't even actually see the sun blot out before we died.

We have a winner! Firus, although you're already VIP, so no monies for you. Lets see if we have a non vip newbie who even answered anything.

Congrats czwtb, you are now the proud owner of $50,000 ingame monies.

I did this mainly so that more new people browse the forums. They need it, they just dont know it yet.

Cheers!

If only I had joined the game 2 days sooner... Reading this topic made me remember this movie:

http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/day_after_tomorrow_ver4.jpg

Earth would fly off and smash into anything in it's path since the gravity from the sun keeps the earth in place. I know it was just a question for fun but stars don't just "go away" lol, it would be a long and painful process that would cause the extinction of mankind. Temperatures would increase and burn holes in the atmosphere if the sun started to burn out, we would have no protection from enormous amounts of radiation. Nothing lasts forever, I just hope im not around when the sun or earth croaks lol