IRL takedowns stuffed is multiple scoring factors i thought?

http://www.mmatycoon...<br /><br />cage control. ur deciding where the (dictating) fight takes place. and effective grappling. thats kinda important in scoring.

no punches no kicks no strikes landed by opponent. 2 of 60 takedown attempts by opponents.

1 punch and one advance position by me. not much so he definitely scored more with the successful attempts. cant argue that one. but idk if he deserved a victory in this one.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2l9gm7q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He won the fight because of two takedowns. You landed 1 punch and 1 improved possition witch is not as good as 2 takedowns and the same would be in real life.

• Upvote 1

If I remember correctly when Jake Shields fought Martin Kampmann, I thought Kampmann was going to win that fight, because the main thing that seemed to be happening was Kampmann stuffing Shields takedowns over and over, but somehow Shields won, I guess it's because stuffed takedowns are not worth much in rl nor are they worth much in this game. When I seen that I knew Shields had no chance to beat GSP.

If you guys have not read the actual LAW that regulates the athletic comission and how the judges are to score competitions than your better off not giving people false ideas that they will repeat later.

attempted takedowns SCORE because its aggression. the wording has changed over time into "effective aggression" in many different places of the documentation. But it skill scores as being overall agressive but does no longer score as effective grappling.

however! cage control is scored to the defender who decided to keep the fight standing and controlled that while the person attempting the takedown could not control how the fight was continuing. the defender of the takedown ALSO scores with effective grappling every single time he stuffs a takedown.

SO, in conclusion. being the over all more effective grappler for the entire fight repeatedly being in control of the cage (arguable since you are having your back to the cage sometimes IRL but if its shoot takedowns then you are controlling the cage). is much much more of a scoring factor then just being mindlessly aggressive and failing at it.

I did take classes on being an MMA ref, and commission judge. also ive had enough mma fights to know how it scores. and the "but in vegas the judges did..." doesnt mean shit.

• Downvote 1

If you guys have not read the actual LAW that regulates the athletic comission and how the judges are to score competitions than your better off not giving people false ideas that they will repeat later.

attempted takedowns SCORE because its aggression. the wording has changed over time into "effective aggression" in many different places of the documentation. But it skill scores as being overall agressive but does no longer score as effective grappling.

however! cage control is scored to the defender who decided to keep the fight standing and controlled that while the person attempting the takedown could not control how the fight was continuing. the defender of the takedown ALSO scores with effective grappling every single time he stuffs a takedown.

SO, in conclusion. being the over all more effective grappler for the entire fight repeatedly being in control of the cage (arguable since you are having your back to the cage sometimes IRL but if its shoot takedowns then you are controlling the cage). is much much more of a scoring factor then just being mindlessly aggressive and failing at it.

I did take classes on being an MMA ref, and commission judge. also ive had enough mma fights to know how it scores. and the "but in vegas the judges did..." doesnt mean shit.

So you are saying a takedown attempt scores but the guy stuffing the attempt scores more? That sounds more like something that would happen in point style fighting or whatever you call it.