About Done With This

Defcon

Thank you for your time and the analysis. At this point if Marijuana ends up 1-4 he gets sacked. I'm actually looking at turning over my entire roster. I am going to make four new fighters who are dominant in each area...however, BJJ seems to be a necessity. It seems like a white belt is useless...sure, you'll be like Brock Lesnar or Kimbo Slice until someone with decent BJJ gets you on the ground.

The money doesn't seem to be an issue. I've heard it said that if you put your fighters in gyms with trainer's ratings and other fighters sparring worth way above your own, you won't improve...that it is better to pick trainers/gyms marginally above you own level. Maybe this is wrong. Right now I can afford what I believe are marginally decent gyms (although I currently am using conditioning gyms and Cozad only, I have used $250-800 gyms, some elite, in the past...I cut it out because I wasn't seeing any returns). So if it is an issue and I'm just not seeing it then feel free to send some! Otherwise, thanks for the advice alone.

I spent time analyzing past fights and picked up some of your observations previously, especially the takedown attempts. It seems to me that unless you have superior (or good, whatever the term may be, let's say decent) MT head kicks, knees, and elbows are useless, and unless you have decent wrestling takedowns are pointless because you'll just waste energy. So I've tried to adapt. One thing I believe strongly in is having a decent BJJ fighter be a counter/ground bottom...because this is what BJJ is all about...using leverage, choke points, joint locks to defeat larger and stronger opponents.

You probably don't want to start your guys off with most of their points in BJJ. Because if you can't get the fight to the ground how are you going to use it? You'll just be a punching bag. I would recommend having all your fighters' initial specialties being boxing or wrestling because that has worked really well for me so far, but I'm the relative noob in this conversation so if anyone contradicts me listen to them.

I would stay away from QFC, as you sign up blindly and do not know who you might be facing. It's true that they are somewhat equal in overall skills, I think that picking an opponent would provide a better chance at winning.

Don't take a blind fight, or a fight that looks like you have no chance at winning. Let's start there.

Level 1 QFC would be perfectly fine in my opinion, level 2 is a different story though for noobs.

Sorry should have explained better when i said QFC i meant Join a QFC org as there is no training so all the fighters have the same skill points :)

Defcon, had a quick look at your fighters. Being well rounded is very good and all, but at a lower level of fighters, they aren't well rounded if you split all your available points into each facet of their game, they're basically just shite at everything. With the fighters you create, stick to two areas of speciality. Wrestling and BJJ, perhaps. Or a Boxer/Wrestler. Or a Muay Thai/Wrestler. There are a couple of guides to fighter creation in the Noob Help section that could help you on that. But being feeble/mediocre across the board is asking to lose. With no particular strengths, you have no hope of finishing fights. You say you're tired of bullshit decisions, the problem lies within the fact that you're allowing it to go there in the first place. Give your fighters the tools to actually finish their opponents, and I guarantee you, you will succeed a lot quicker.

Before you make any decisions to quit, I offer you my personal services, no strings attached, for help in your sliders/fighter creation, etc, any time you need it. If I'm online, feel free to message me with whatever. Trust me, this game sticks to you once you get the ball rolling. There's no shame if you need someone to show you how to do it. Like I said before, I was an absolute mess when I first started this game as well, and accepted all fights, fair or otherwise. Many organisations will take advantage of that, and use your fighters as cans to advance other fighters if they think you'll just let them do it. You have to learn to say no, but that's something you'll find out with experience. It took me ages before I declined my first fight, and since then, my record has improved drastically.

I think your best bet would be to wipe the slate and start anew. A new stable of fighters, maybe even 25 year olds, just to help you get used to the game. A QFC org wouldn't be a bad option, as you could fight more often, get used to setting sliders.

And like I said. I'm available if you need any help.

^ Thanks.

I am actually going to go back and see who has volunteered as mentors and I'm going to take all the advice I can. I'm also going to sack one of my fighters and have someone create one with me. I will give this one more go. Lost all of my fights, just gonna step away for a couple of days and then I'll be in touch after clearing my head.

I will be in touch shortly. Thanks for your generous offer of help.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=564554

Could someone please read this commentary and tell me how this fight was won and lost. Because the way I see it, my guy should have won. Better stats...stuffed like 6 takedowns, submission attempts, more shots landed and defended. I feel like I got screwed.

I'm going to check old messages and this thread for mentor opportunities.

Looked to me like his sub spamming got the first two rounds for him, though it was undoubtedly a close match. Look at the activity per round when judging decisions, not overall. He was also a lit more active, which means he set aggressive sliders; often times that wins you close fights.

going into that fight with 60% energy didn't do you any favors either.

Wow, didn't catch that part. Jeez...then you should be lucky you survived that fight and even took the thirs, lol. ALWAYS....ALWAYS...ALWAYS fight at 100% energy. You won't finish anyone with no energy, and if you end up fighting higher tiered managers who actually know what they're doing...if your gassed, they will end you.

Your blue belt decided to take a brown belt to the ground. If your opponent had the slightest idea about what he was supposed to be doing, he'd have finished you in the first.

Looked to me like his sub spamming got the first two rounds for him, though it was undoubtedly a close match. Look at the activity per round when judging decisions, not overall. He was also a lit more active, which means he set aggressive sliders; often times that wins you close fights.

Activity per round--do you determine that by text, or is there another way?

Generally, the one whose name is on the left in the fight text most often has set more aggressive sliders. You can also see the amount of attempts if you have VIP... so even though you land more, in close fights where you aren't getting knockdowns...the aggressor wins.

Generally, the one whose name is on the left in the fight text most often has set more aggressive sliders. You can also see the amount of attempts if you have VIP... so even though you land more, in close fights where you aren't getting knockdowns...the aggressor wins.

Is there any truth to this at all?