Is there any such thing as common sense anymore?

Stu_Pidasol

Mike's game, Mike's forum, Mike's hand picked moderators.. I have no issue at all with any of these things.

I don't agree with what he wants the moderators to do on here (but this isn't a rant about freedom of speech)

Recently in Australia a 13yo girl called an aboriginal footy player an "ape" (obviously the racial implications of calling a black person an ape are understood by all) the player pointed her out to security and she was frog marched from the ground by police and then questioned for 2 hours.

The president of the opposing team Eddie Mcguire was disgusted in what happened that after the game he was one of the first into the other teams changerooms to apologise. The 13yo girl was plastered all over the news and was absolutely flogged for what she had did.

2 days later the very same Eddie Mcguire said that the very same player should be used to advertise the upcoming musical King Kong. Eddie of course was absolutely hammered in the media, he had a press conference to apologise he was guttered with what he had done. Eddie didn't lose his job as the president of the football club, as a radio host or a TV host.

Why? Because Eddie has for so much of his life done so much for the aboriginal community. He had credits in the bank for good behaviour over many years.

What would happen if at work I called a staff member who was aboriginal an ape? I would be fired. Why? Because what credits have I built up? None.

Now onto my point - The moderators have obviously been directed by Mike to clean the forums up, which means warning and banning people for what they determine bad behaviour.

If he/they are serious about cleaning up these forums - then the solution is much easier.

Humors - GONE - No credits in the bank been nothing but a blight on this community since day 0.

Splash3000 - GONE - No credits in the bank been nothing but a blight on this community since day 0

I'm sure there are others that should just be out of here as well.. I just can't think of them..

When I say gone, not gone for a few days, a week.. Gone from these forums for good - they can still play this game but they can't be apart of the community he is trying to create.

All the moderators will achieve by going on this rampage of warnings and bans is create a bunch of snitching forum members, who report at the drop of a hat because they feel aggreived from a warning they have received in the past. The vicious cycle continues as more and more members receive warnings for things they feel are unjustified. The cycle doesn't lead to a better and more friendly community - in actual fact it leads to a community that is totally dysfunctional.

Go to the source of the problem if you want to solve it.

But hey your call Mike and your team.

• Upvote 2

From what I've seen heard, the harder you try to keep them out, the more desire they have to come back.

What should be done is letting everyone know there's an ignore feature built into the forum. This is my 2nd tour in MMATycoon, my first one being a year and this one being 8 months. 20 months, and I just today discovered I could ignore these clowns. Neutering guys like humors and splash is something that can be only be done by the entire online community here - if you see new players engaging these guys and giving them the attention they want, tell them about the ignore feature. And use it yourselves. Because now that I'm aware of the ignore, why would I let these guys ruin my experience?

And the guiltiest parties are the people who reply to the trolls. You are giving them exactly what they want, and no matter what they say, you responding at all makes you just as much part of the problem. Trolls feed on attention, so starve them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sadly the above is pretty much correct -- we can delete or permanent ban then they just choose another proxy and account, rinse repeat as necessary -- or we can just try and police them the best we can -- in a perfect world everyone would put them on ignore and they would just talk to themselves but not everyone will -- we could do a broad ip ban but then take a chance of hitting real players and managers -- and even a broad ip ban wouldnt stop would just make it harder on them but isnt worth accidentally banning real players -- Trashman is right best way is to put them on ignore and dont feed the trolls just getting everyone to do it is another thing

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

sadly the above is pretty much correct -- we can delete or permanent ban then they just choose another proxy and account, rinse repeat as necessary -- or we can just try and police them the best we can -- in a perfect world everyone would put them on ignore and they would just talk to themselves but not everyone will -- we could do a broad ip ban but then take a chance of hitting real players and managers -- and even a broad ip ban wouldnt stop would just make it harder on them but isnt worth accidentally banning real players -- Trashman is right best way is to put them on ignore and dont feed the trolls just getting everyone to do it is another thing

Ban the use of proxy's. It wouldn't totally solve the problem but it would hinder their ability to just come back immediately.

Mike's game, Mike's forum, Mike's hand picked moderators.. I have no issue at all with any of these things.

I don't agree with what he wants the moderators to do on here (but this isn't a rant about freedom of speech)

Recently in Australia a 13yo girl called an aboriginal footy player an "ape" (obviously the racial implications of calling a black person an ape are understood by all) the player pointed her out to security and she was frog marched from the ground by police and then questioned for 2 hours.

The president of the opposing team Eddie Mcguire was disgusted in what happened that after the game he was one of the first into the other teams changerooms to apologise. The 13yo girl was plastered all over the news and was absolutely flogged for what she had did.

2 days later the very same Eddie Mcguire said that the very same player should be used to advertise the upcoming musical King Kong. Eddie of course was absolutely hammered in the media, he had a press conference to apologise he was guttered with what he had done. Eddie didn't lose his job as the president of the football club, as a radio host or a TV host.

Why? Because Eddie has for so much of his life done so much for the aboriginal community. He had credits in the bank for good behaviour over many years.

What would happen if at work I called a staff member who was aboriginal an ape? I would be fired. Why? Because what credits have I built up? None.

Now onto my point - The moderators have obviously been directed by Mike to clean the forums up, which means warning and banning people for what they determine bad behaviour.

If he/they are serious about cleaning up these forums - then the solution is much easier.

Humors - GONE - No credits in the bank been nothing but a blight on this community since day 0.

Splash3000 - GONE - No credits in the bank been nothing but a blight on this community since day 0

I'm sure there are others that should just be out of here as well.. I just can't think of them..

When I say gone, not gone for a few days, a week.. Gone from these forums for good - they can still play this game but they can't be apart of the community he is trying to create.

All the moderators will achieve by going on this rampage of warnings and bans is create a bunch of snitching forum members, who report at the drop of a hat because they feel aggreived from a warning they have received in the past. The vicious cycle continues as more and more members receive warnings for things they feel are unjustified. The cycle doesn't lead to a better and more friendly community - in actual fact it leads to a community that is totally dysfunctional.

Go to the source of the problem if you want to solve it.

But hey your call Mike and your team.

Yeah that splash3000 is a total douchebag, he has got to go.

• Downvote 1

sadly the above is pretty much correct -- we can delete or permanent ban then they just choose another proxy and account, rinse repeat as necessary

No, it isn't. Enough of these pathetic excuses.

It isn't harder for you to ban them than it is for them to make a new account every time. You start looking like a bunch of dickheads when a guy can ruin the forums by posting crap like swastikas, people dying, serial killer worship and all kind of racist stuff with little to no consequences, much to the disdain to pretty much all of the members.

The bullying got so far that it even affects the personal lives of some people. This psychopath is contacting friends of members of the game and threatens to molest a daughter of one of them? But don't worry... He got a one week ban. You got to be kidding me. At this point I have so little respect for this pathetic, impotant moderating team that after 4 years on the forum I wouldn't mind to get a ban myself. Wouldn't that be ironic?

• Upvote 4

a ban is done at the click of a button. it's faster to ban them then it is for them to make a new account. i'm not saying they should or shouldnt be banned...they probably should, but saying theyll just come back is a weak excuse. if they come back, they get banned immediately for trying to get around the ban. it isnt that hard.

make me a mod and i'll stay on humors/splash watch if the current mods dont wanna do it.

• Upvote 4

We wouldn't have this problem if everyone on the forums had a gun.

LMAO!!!! U PUSSY AUSSIES AND BRITS WOULDNT EVEN KNOW HOW TO POINT AND SHOOT A GUN BECAUSE UR A BUNCH OF LIMP DICK WOMEN ROFL!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We wouldn't have this problem if everyone on the forums had a gun.

LMAO!!!! U PUSSY AUSSIES AND BRITS WOULDNT EVEN KNOW HOW TO POINT AND SHOOT A GUN BECAUSE UR A BUNCH OF LIMP DICK WOMEN ROFL!!!!

I was almost fooled into thinking it was Brainsmasher - but the imitation was ruined as you didn't spell enough words incorrectly ;)

Classic, i had a good laugh.

common sense has been replaced by "PC" ( political correctness ) and its fkn up everything as far as i can see . we cater to the smallest groups of people now not the majority. in the US we call it the pussifacation of America all brought to us by liberals who cant see the forest for the trees. i havnt been on the forums in a yr or two and its because the forums are more bs trolls than helpful people .

• Downvote 1

common sense has been replaced by "PC" ( political correctness ) and its fkn up everything as far as i can see . we cater to the smallest groups of people now not the majority. in the US we call it the pussifacation of America all brought to us by liberals who cant see the forest for the trees. i havnt been on the forums in a yr or two and its because the forums are more bs trolls than helpful people .

Well there is another member of this game that has taken issue with these forums because of a minority - so lets sit here and say things are all to hard because of a couple of muppets..

Oh wait how about we use the wonderful ignore button.. Yes that's it, we should just ignore the trolls (I use the term troll very loosely as neither of the ones mentioned here are trolls, they aren't fucking clever enough to be. They are nothing more than cancers) instead of them just being out right banned.

common sense has been replaced by "PC" ( political correctness ) and its fkn up everything as far as i can see . we cater to the smallest groups of people now not the majority.

I think it is far more likely we cater to the smallest groups of wankers who are part of the majority and who take it upon themselves to fight for what they perceive as being other people's causes without actually consulting with the minorities they claim to represent.

• Upvote 1

..come again?

Oh look, the guy from Texas doesn't get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

that had to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen. he summoned the power of brainsmasher and pbr to make the ultimate dumb post.

• Downvote 2