Steel Penn Combat Grappling Tournament

Hey everyone, as some of you might know Chuckw94 had organized a combat grappling tournament which unfortunately fell through at the last minute. Not wanting to let this good idea slip away Steel Penn and I have resurrected it and will hold the tournament at Steel Penn - Icon, Hilo, with a view to hopefully hosting it annually. For the uninitiated combat grappling is essentially BJJ with ground and pound. We initially intend to have 16 entrants but if there is enough interest it could expand to 32 entrants.

Format

- Single elimination tournament, the brackets will be determined randomly

Entry

- No ID or weight limit

- Must hold at least a brown belt

- Contracts will be 10k signing fee, 10k to show, 10k win bonus

- Each manager can enter a maximum of 2 fighters

Prizes (courtesy of Chuck W94 and Steel Penn)

- 1st place - $1,000,000

- 2st place - $250,000

- 3nd place - $100,000

- WInner takes the Combat Grappling Belt

- Winner will receive 50 custom made skins of the champ and his belt

Slider Rules

- Obviously no standing strikes can be landed, so failure to observe these rules will result in DQ

- 100% Follow My Orders

- 100% Stick to Gameplan

- 100% Try takedowns

- 100% Go to Ground (from clinch)

- 100% Stay on ground

*Both ground and pound and submissions are legal.

Steel Penn Combat Grappling Tournament 2013 - ENTRANTS

1 - Ivan Lavronenko (111720)

2 - Luisao Linhaeres (118954)

3 - Aleksey Ivanov (62716)

4 - Herb Green (100223)

5 - Rowan Atkinson (92483)

6 - Orlando Styles (105378)

7 - Loholt Pendragon (181132)

8 - Red Steel Penn (110042)

9 - Andy Wuzz (29079)

10 - David Giljotin (143292)

11 - Tsuyoshi Tamatso (17549)

12 - Ted Scheckler (120552)

13 - Ai Za (152290)

14 - Muhammed Ward (82871)

15 - Isamu Natsuki (108244)

16 - Drako Vonstein (21822)

Tournament Bracket:

http://challonge.com/jnoiucv0

• Upvote 1

Sign them up, I can release them when I want so you can sign for the tournament.

/Shape

They are in good Sir, best of luck.

Just a note, I said the brackets will be determined randomly, but if a manager enters 2 fighters we'll do it in such a way that those fighters are in different halves of the draw.

Can you save me 2 spots, And i'll add 1 mill to the prize money. I have my guy Za open and he will be one of the fighters i enter, But my best ground guy Schmeck is filling in for a old alliance mate in the ITFL tournament and i want to try and trade him after this next round. You should contact Cuthbert Allgood, He was the last tournament champ and it would be nice to have him defend.

• Upvote 2

Can you save me 2 spots, And i'll add 1 mill to the prize money. I have my guy Za open and he will be one of the fighters i enter, But my best ground guy Schmeck is filling in for a old alliance mate in the ITFL tournament and i want to try and trade him after this next round. You should contact Cuthbert Allgood, He was the last tournament champ and it would be nice to have him defend.

OK thanks, definitely 2 spaces for you as the brain behind the concept! You asked me with a PM when it will start - I honestly don't know as we'll see how long it takes to fill up, I presume within 2 or 3 weeks. I didn't contact any of the original entrants who are now under contract, but I think I got in touch with Allgood's manager so we'll wait for his response.

Many thanks for the generous additional prize money too!

OK, I don't think there was enough interest to make it a 32 man tournament, but it's fine as we have quality over quantity - 6 red belts, 10 black belts, 6 elite wrestlers....

Here is the bracket, best of luck to everyone! Contracts will be sent out as soon.

http://challonge.com/jnoiucv0

Contracts sent to all but - Isamu Natsuki (108244) as he is still signed with another org.

The event is booked in Hilo for 7-20-13

Your going down "Sticky" Herb Green (100223) - Red Steel Penn will light him up and smoke his ass.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=110042&fidb=100223

Your going down "Sticky" Herb Green (100223) - Red Steel Penn will light him up and smoke his ass.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=110042&fidb=100223

*via text message*

Green: the only red steel peen i ever seen was my pitbull's dick! he used 2 walk n the room just showing that shit off lmao

(sorry, can't format properly (using bold and italic) from my phone...but u get the idea lol)

Hey guys, just a reminder to the participants to set your sliders according to the rules of the tournament. Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow!

• Upvote 2

I will send out a reminder tonight about the sliders. Just waiting on a write up to send with it.

The writer I had doing this write up just backed out. Can anyone do a write up today for this event?