Who is the greatest Tycoon of all time?

Looking at the most recent "Who is the greatest manager of all time?" thread has got me thinking. What about the men who make the game work, the power brokers, the shot callers, the big timers, the guys that make the hype we all so desire.....

I thought it might be fun to discuss who the greatest tycoon's of the game have been. Not the ones with the best fighters, but the best business men the game has known. Guys like Matty Mac, owner of the incomparable CFC; Franky Fin, the legend behind Syn; Rollins, the king of the supplement game; Mattyblayze, the creator of Blitzkrieg Fighting Championships (and my business mentor) the most innovative conglomerate ever; and Manfred, the king of clothes, customers, and just running shit behind the scenes.

Looking at the most recent "Who is the greatest manager of all time?" thread has got me thinking. What about the men who make the game work, the power brokers, the shot callers, the big timers, the guys that make the hype we all so desire.....

I thought it might be fun to discuss who the greatest tycoon's of the game have been. Not the ones with the best fighters, but the best business men the game has known. Guys like Matty Mac, owner of the incomparable CFC; Franky Fin, the legend behind Syn; Rollins, the king of the supplement game; Mattyblayze, the creator of Blitzkrieg Fighting Championships (and my business mentor) the most innovative conglomerate ever; and Manfred, the king of clothes, customers, and just running shit behind the scenes.

Agreed.

Edit: No but seriously, I have just been here for like 45 days and I see Steel Penns name every where, it has to be him

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would go with manny gambroni, here's why:

Franky and Matt were/are great owners of 2 of the most legend organized in the game. they've hosted some of the best, most hyped, most talked about fights the game has ever seen.

but if it wasn't them, it woulda been someone else. neither really did much innovation. eventually Franky went weirdo and allowed Avon to do some cool shit like vids and stuff but other than that...

Rollins changed the supp game but it was money driven only. some say it was manufactured money at that (glitch money). he basically just typed in a certain amount and lo and behold, he found out that 150 wasn't the limit.

Mattyblayze didn't work alone and really kind of stood on the shoulders of Mac Mcnulty and Johnny Sepulveda. he took their idea, slightly changed it and ran...but he was not alone. he had a few numbers guys and also had glitch money to help him along the way.

Manny Gambroni on the other hand, basically invented how business was done in game. "u buy mine, I buy yours", "give back" sponsorships...the dude even invented skins.

he is widely regarded as the first real "networker" within the game.

he is also known as "the godfather" to many of us old timers...he did so much helping an teaching and such, really the first mentor to so many players in the game. a lot of improvements were made off of his ideas an suggestions.

dude changed the actual game and the way we played it...not just a small portion within the game, but outside of it as well.

side note...

I think it may have been Skinny Vince that cracked the ppv code? he deserves a mention too.

also, me, Matt, Franky and Rollins go way back an they kno there's no dig towards them or any disrespect whatsoever. kno that before u decide to uproar about my post. lol

love,

j666

Steel Penn

I second that. You can personally think of him what you want, others mentioned here have no clean slate, too, and the old guard can glorify shit how they want to, i see no difference. But for what i have high respect: he shares his ressources and puts new managers in responsible positions... and gives them the room to do their thing. This is not sharing stuff in the elite of the game, this brings fresh blood to the game and really makes an impact. You might can argue that personally it would be not your thing and you prefer to work yourself up on yoru own - so do i - but that does not change much.

Edit: Not saying he is the GOAT but he deserves to be named in this list for sure.

• Upvote 4

altho i have no luv for steel penn, we all kno this, I have had the opportunity (recently) to fight at his joint and one of his minion's joints and I gotta say...he brings a ton to this game and has some good shit goin on.

I have also said that this game needs more like him, cheat/multi or not, doesn't matter...he brings a ton to the table.

he has ran with other's ideas, improved on some, tweaked and weeded the good from the bad and now has a really solid...thing going on lol.

very similar to gambroni and definitely worth a mention as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with these guys. It's definitely Manny. I remember scheming way way back with Manny to get gyms open when there were very few good gyms in the game just so they'd be available. Mine was one of the first premium public gyms I think (Broken Halo Combat Club in LA). Manny was really about making the game better, helping out new guys who needed help and doing new things to keep the game interesting.

I agree with Steel Penn being added to the list

side note...

I think it may have been Skinny Vince that cracked the ppv code? he deserves a mention too.

also, me, Matt, Franky and Rollins go way back an they kno there's no dig towards them or any disrespect whatsoever. kno that before u decide to uproar about my post. lol

love,

j666

Why thank you sir. I guess being one of Mattyblayze's numbers guy paid off. Also, regarding BFC's glitch money, it all got nerfed. I was kinda involved in that too :P

p.s. superjosh is my new account. Maestria is what I renamed my skinnyVince account, but after about a year of not playing it got so decimated I decided it was easier to start fresh than try to work with untrained 22-29 year olds with the skill sets of public gym 19 year olds.

• Upvote 1

Got to give some credit to Max McRiot too, worked for him a long time and he had some great visions for the organization and the game itself. I know some people dont like him but he did some great things as an organization owner and was a great guy, it's always a shame to see guys with a great vision like him quit just like that.

Same goes for tempest too, he had some great ideas but went a bit over the edge later, but would've been nice to see him continue in the game too

Also I agree with people suggesting Manny here, great businessman..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I started playing in 09 there where two managers who really made this game exciting for me, Big Boss (7386) who owned Ring of Fire in Hilo and invited my fighter Freddy Lee to the ICON open-weight world competition. Which I won creating an addiction to this game. Big Boss was at the top of the tycoon business world in 09 and is still involved with one of the top org today, EMPIRE I believe.

The 2nd guy I found to be very influential was the guy who owned and sold me Kings of Rio. in 2010? Anyone remember his name? He owned two companies Kings of Rio and a Nutritional company that was very known also.

Manny did some great things. His Hells Balls clothing store was one of the best for a long time and I remember it when I was still quite new to MMA Tycoon.

Steel Penn definitely deserves a mention here. He's got an impressive alliance and despite it's size it's really well managed so he's done a great job with it. He's also got a series of managers running the Steel Penn Icon orgs which seem to be pretty good. Along with this he has gyms for his alliance members iirc.

• Upvote 1

When I started playing in 09 there where two managers who really made this game exciting for me, Big Boss (7386) who owned Ring of Fire in Hilo and invited my fighter Freddy Lee to the ICON open-weight world competition. Which I won creating an addiction to this game. Big Boss was at the top of the tycoon business world in 09 and is still involved with one of the top org today, EMPIRE I believe.

The 2nd guy I found to be very influential was the guy who owned and sold me Kings of Rio. in 2010? Anyone remember his name? He owned two companies Kings of Rio and a Nutritional company that was very known also.

Jaime lannister owned KOR and also had a gym i dont remember him owning a sup co , i think the sup co was owned by one of his alliance mates . been a while back so cant remember the alliance name but him and a few other guys had a real nice thing going when i got here early 09. i think he also had Bron blackwater and Arian Boudewjn ranked #1 he and Amyd used to always swap# 1spot
  • Upvote 2

Shiv is worth mentioning. Was the brain behind a lot of the Blitz stuff, was almost too good at calling in favors and had a mind for business in general (when his Tycoon ADD didn't dick him over...)

I would go with manny gambroni, here's why:

.....blah blah blah, yada yada, lotta man love

I have to agree with J666 and say Manny, I still remember ...yada yada

I agree, Manny G. was the first real tycoon ....blah blah

I'd have to agree with these guys. It's definitely Manny.

Manny has my vote , besides ...blah blah, more man love

Someone contacted me on FB and alerted me to this thread so I thought I'd chime in. I appreciate all the man-love, but it's BULLSHIT. The only thing I did alone was the clothing company. Everything else that made Hell's Balls what it was, (the orgs, the gyms, supps, the n00b help and so on) was not me alone. Not by a long shot. Hell's Playground gets as much credit as me. They helped me with EVERYTHING.

ChuckW, Roy, IHU, Soyster, Cus, Whirl, StingerCata, Matt F34R, Khrog, ZyD (insert the name(s) I forgot) all deserve at much credit as I. Many of the ideas and innovations came from them. Any of my own ideas were always bounced off of them and / or improved by them. I also bounced a lot of ideas off Matty and Shiv in the early days, since they were a couple months ahead of us (Hilo opened before A-Dam)

I don't think anyone can truly lay claim to the title, tbh. You need help in this game. For me, the closest would be MATT MAC. He's run a top org (I think exclusively) BY HIMSELF since the very beginning. His longevity, integrity and consistent success is why I'd give him the nod.

Manny

• Upvote 3

For me, the closest would be MATT MAC. He's run a top org (I think exclusively) BY HIMSELF since the very beginning. His longevity, integrity and consistent success is why I'd give him the nod.

That's a good point imo, the org business is kind of grinding in the long run, having to deliver week after week... i enjoyed my org owner run very much and was proud of the quality, but i could have never reached such consistency, so i stopped at a point where i felt that quality would maybe suffer in the future. Another guy that comes to my mind there is Mike Thomas (TTFC NY) btw, who deserves a mention under this perspective.