Looking for advice please

SpeedJunkie

hello everyone. I am new to the game. I have only been playing for about a month. Anyways, this is my first post and I am looking for a little advice please, to see if I have done something wrong. The problem may totally be my fault, and if so, please let me know what I am doing wrong.

On with the issue...

I fought a QFC fight tonight and from reading the fight, it felt like my guy rolled over and played dead. My fighters previous 2 fights he has finished via tko. During the fights he has throw a decent amount of punches. Well he just fought a new opponent tonight and my guy seems to have done nothing.

Let me give a quick background on the things that I try to look at to understand my opponents and that may show if I am doing something wrong or looking at the wrong things. The other fighter is only 23 years old and was created on the 6th of august and a member of the $50 cozad gym. My guy is 25 and was created july 26th and has been training everyday since in a decent $300 gym and popped a few times. My fighter being 25 years old which has more points to allocate toward skills. When I read the fight commentary afterward, other fighters tale of the tape said he was a counter fighter and my guy was set to counter 60% of the time. That much counter lead to him still being pretty agressive his last 2 fights. So I am guess I am trying to understand where I went wrong. Is it soley a slider mess up on my part? Should I have been more aggressive?

Here is my fighter I am asking about http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=223567

Here is the fight in question http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=592676

Any helpful adivce is much appreciated.

Cheers.

A couple of things will determine how you act:

1. Confidence. This will determine how likely you are to step forward and go for it.

2. Aggression vs. Counter. This is a RELATIVE slider, so if he went 100% aggression and you went 60% counter, for example, you're going to relatively be much more counter than the 60% suggests. Keep in mind there's different aggression sliders for both standing and ground.

In this fight specifically:

He landed 80 out of 82 strikes on the ground. That leaves you TWO missed strikes to try and counter. By not being aggressive you put yourself at the mercy of them messing up and missing, and this guy didn't. After wearing, for example, 60 punches to the head, would you really be capable of throwing a crisp counter punch when he misses the 61st?

• Upvote 2

A couple of things will determine how you act:

1. Confidence. This will determine how likely you are to step forward and go for it.

2. Aggression vs. Counter. This is a RELATIVE slider, so if he went 100% aggression and you went 60% counter, for example, you're going to relatively be much more counter than the 60% suggests. Keep in mind there's different aggression sliders for both standing and ground.

In this fight specifically:

He landed 80 out of 82 strikes on the ground. That leaves you TWO missed strikes to try and counter. By not being aggressive you put yourself at the mercy of them messing up and missing, and this guy didn't. After wearing, for example, 60 punches to the head, would you really be capable of throwing a crisp counter punch when he misses the 61st?

Thank you VERY much for the reply my friend. That makes very good sense. What you explained actually helps me a lot and explains some things way better for me. I see now that I did mess up my slider settings and the loss was infact my fault. I specifically see now that you explained it better, where I messed up with my settings on the ground and it was his accuracy that redered my game plan irrelevant. I think the toughest part of the sliders setting for me is understanding the aggression vs counter setting and how it relates to different opponent game plans.

Thank you VERY much again.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1