Need advice

Made it to the final of a QFC tournament and I'm inching closer to getting VIP Days.

Here is my fighter:

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=227095

This is his fighter:

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=226951

That guy has brutal KO power and strong wrestling. I put all my chips in on a GNP wrestler with punishing top control but not a lot of striking. On paper my fighter has wonderful wrestling compared to his proficient, but it might not matter with his punching abilities.

What's the best way to approach this so he doesn't get KTFO?

I say you try to take the fght to the ground. you‘ll have the advantage to the scoring. just try to counter, and stay on theoutside to avoid his strikes. maybe try to control than to finish, so you'll have more tie from the top.

hope this helps :-)

I say you try to take the fght to the ground. you‘ll have the advantage to the scoring. just try to counter, and stay on theoutside to avoid his strikes. maybe try to control than to finish, so you'll have more tie from the top.

hope this helps :-)

I would second this! You should be able to control him on the ground and avoid getting KTFO. Good luck

Your fighter has blue belt. You should set tactic to try to take him down and do G'n'p and try to sub him (I'm not sure about your sub off skill, but if it's in nice level, set more to strikes than to sub attempt).

Good luck in the fight,

Bragi~

Takedowns are (in my opinion) unreasonably powerful and successful, so it is time to trust in your chin and go for the ground. Whether you go counter or aggressive to make it happen is your call, but his record suggests he is going close to max power and high aggression so keep that in mind, you don't want to wear too many of those.

Your opponent does NOT have top end power. His TOTT shown "solid chin" which rules out both a great chin and great power. However, he does have 3 knockouts and since he has only above average power that means his sliders are set to VERY high damage. Also, in his first fight it talks about how he is a counter fighter. This means you will have to go 80-90% counter to be the counter fighter. In addition, he is pretty smart, and good at getting ref standups. Since he has virtually 0 BJJ, set your ground aggression slider extremely high (at least 90%), and your finish slider to 100%. Let's ground and pound him so hard his corner has to scrape his face off the canvas.

• Downvote 2

Your opponent does NOT have top end power. His TOTT shown "solid chin" which rules out both a great chin and great power. However, he does have 3 knockouts and since he has only above average power that means his sliders are set to VERY high damage. Also, in his first fight it talks about how he is a counter fighter. This means you will have to go 80-90% counter to be the counter fighter. In addition, he is pretty smart, and good at getting ref standups. Since he has virtually 0 BJJ, set your ground aggression slider extremely high (at least 90%), and your finish slider to 100%. Let's ground and pound him so hard his corner has to scrape his face off the canvas.

Sorry but all around bad advise IMO but what do I know :toot:

Sorry but all around bad advise IMO but what do I know :toot:

How so? If my ground sliders are off please explain because that's how I tend to set them against guys with no sub game.
  • Downvote 2

Your opponent does NOT have top end power. His TOTT shown "solid chin" which rules out both a great chin and great power. However, he does have 3 knockouts and since he has only above average power that means his sliders are set to VERY high damage.

First off this is not true in a sense. Strength and punch skills effect if and when KO power will show on the ToTT. So he may not have rolled a 150 hidden but it very well could be high enough to show once he gets his skills trained. Since this is a QFC tourney, he only has starting skills and hasn't trained.

Also, in his first fight it talks about how he is a counter fighter. This means you will have to go 80-90% counter to be the counter fighter.

I also believe this to be untrue: for starters his opponent has never shown counter striker on the ToTT, that was one of his opponents in his first fight not him.

In addition, he is pretty smart, and good at getting ref standups.

More his opponents didn't have the skill or sliders to make it work. The one fight where he was taken down, the first one was to side control (thus most of the reason that one stayed on the ground for an extended amount of time). His opponent missed all of his GnP from side control, which means he either has really good grab D or his opponent had shit GnP (I'm inclined to think the the later). All the while he never attempted an improve position move, not once during the whole fight and his opponent didn't either. If the opponent had gained position, the fight would have stayed on the ground longer and would have maybe landed some GnP but probably not since he couldn't land any from side so his GnP was likely crap.

Since he has virtually 0 BJJ, set your ground aggression slider extremely high (at least 90%), and your finish slider to 100%. Let's ground and pound him so hard his corner has to scrape his face off the canvas.

First of all, aggression or lack there off DOES NOT cause REF STAND UP's (regardless of the the text say's is the reason for the stand up). You can be 100% agg and still get stood up, while I could be 70% counter and keep it on the ground for the whole round after the TD. Being really agg will just leave you open to sweeps and escapes, but granted this guy likely don't have the skills to get them too easy but if he know what he was doing it is possible.

That high agg and high finish will/can work if you have your opponent totally out skilled, like with new/low skilled fighters. Try that at the medium to high level and you will fail miserably

• Upvote 1

Solid chin doesn't negate KO power at all. It also means his chin is decent, although perhaps not the very highest level.

In your 1st fight, you have no history of going counter/aggressive, so obviously the ToTT isn't reflecting your settings here. Referee standups are a result of lack of action on the floor, not through any inherent intelligence of a fighter.

Setting your finish to 100% will see him easily escape you. It is the equivalent of Mike Tyson swinging his arms around like a windmill. A certain amount of control is require to keep the fight where you want it so you can use your skills to finish.

First of all, aggression or lack there off DOES NOT cause REF STAND UP's (regardless of the the text say's is the reason for the stand up). You can be 100% agg and still get stood up, while I could be 70% counter and keep it on the ground for the whole round after the TD. Being really agg will just leave you open to sweeps and escapes, but granted this guy likely don't have the skills to get them too easy but if he know what he was doing it is possible.

Could you say more on this topic? Specifically, what causes standups, if one is to not go by text, and how was this conclusion reached?

Greatly appreciated.

Made it to the final of a QFC tournament and I'm inching closer to getting VIP Days.

Here is my fighter:

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=227095

This is his fighter:

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=226951

That guy has brutal KO power and strong wrestling. I put all my chips in on a GNP wrestler with punishing top control but not a lot of striking. On paper my fighter has wonderful wrestling compared to his proficient, but it might not matter with his punching abilities.

What's the best way to approach this so he doesn't get KTFO?

Ignoring all the other stuff, your question really wasn't answered: however without know what skills you gave your fighter, we are somewhat guessing.

So here is what I can tell ya from what I know:

1. Since you have basically no boxing primary your going to eat shots from him even if he has damage turned up, this is just a given. So with this, your opponent isn't likely to miss much so the idea of using counter to grab a TD is kind of a bad Idea as he has to miss for you to counter and you don't counter every missed shot anyways. So trying to counter him isn't the brightest idea in this case, but your granite chin does help you survive until you can get a TD. So what is the options here?

Since the opponent has decent wrestling prime and we assume he went with wonderful TDD and you have the same wonderful TD's, this will mean you're likely to not get a TD on the first 1 or 2 tries (unless you just roll a lucky outcome). So IMO it's better to be agg and mix up some strikes (I know you have none), that way you do more moves per minute and can set TD's not so high where it's predictable by the game engine. Hopefully you can get him down before he has a chance to rock you.

What you been doing on the ground is OK but a couple of tips:

1. since this guy has no BJJ and you have no stand up, make sure you set the stay on ground slider to stay on ground 100%. You stood up in some of your other fights, no need in giving the guy a change to KO you before you can get him back down again.

2. use the stick position. In my opinion it's one of the most important parts of the ground game

3. use some more advance position instead of Strike/subs, the better the position your in the better your GnP will land. If you throw a lot of GnP from full guard and miss, your going to get stood up. Notice in your fights where if you stayed in half or full guard you eventually got stood up by the ref? and also notice if you got to side or mount position, you didn't and finished you opponent once there.

Good Luck

• Upvote 2

Could you say more on this topic? Specifically, what causes standups, if one is to not go by text, and how was this conclusion reached?

Greatly appreciated.

I pretty much said what I'm going to divulge in the above posts as it's not fair the managers that have taken the time to figure it out.

The ones that complain about the ground game being broken are the ones that don't understand it

Good luck

• Downvote 1

Well bad news, that dude went bonkers to start the fight and I never even got a takedown. First round TKO. That guy is a beast.

Oh well. No VIP win this time. I'll try next go around.

First off this is not true in a sense. Strength and punch skills effect if and when KO power will show on the ToTT. So he may not have rolled a 150 hidden but it very well could be high enough to show once he gets his skills trained. Since this is a QFC tourney, he only has starting skills and hasn't trained.

I also believe this to be untrue: for starters his opponent has never shown counter striker on the ToTT, that was one of his opponents in his first fight not him.

More his opponents didn't have the skill or sliders to make it work. The one fight where he was taken down, the first one was to side control (thus most of the reason that one stayed on the ground for an extended amount of time). His opponent missed all of his GnP from side control, which means he either has really good grab D or his opponent had shit GnP (I'm inclined to think the the later). All the while he never attempted an improve position move, not once during the whole fight and his opponent didn't either. If the opponent had gained position, the fight would have stayed on the ground longer and would have maybe landed some GnP but probably not since he couldn't land any from side so his GnP was likely crap.

That high agg and high finish will/can work if you have your opponent totally out skilled, like with new/low skilled fighters. Try that at the medium to high level and you will fail miserably

Solid chin doesn't negate KO power at all. It also means his chin is decent, although perhaps not the very highest level.

In your 1st fight, you have no history of going counter/aggressive, so obviously the ToTT isn't reflecting your settings here. Referee standups are a result of lack of action on the floor, not through any inherent intelligence of a fighter.

Setting your finish to 100% will see him easily escape you. It is the equivalent of Mike Tyson swinging his arms around like a windmill. A certain amount of control is require to keep the fight where you want it so you can use your skills to finish.

Thanks guys, great to know. Apparently I've been setting my ground sliders completely wrong this whole time!

Yeah absolutely, use what works for you but when stuff STOPS working for you, that's the kind of stuff you will need to consider in your adjustments :) Everyone's fighter and individual fighter skills are different so there's always some leeway in the absolute details.