Sub-thread for Fight Strategies

I think we need one :)

We can sticky if all goes well.

Fire away!

As the created of the thread you should write something, not expecting others to do dirty job for you. Btw. I realized your fighter Ryo Hazuki had the same tactics in his last few fights.

kinda goes against the entire concept of strategy.

one thing that has always bothered me about this game...the widespread sharing of strategy, in a fukn strategy game. brilliant. lol

Agreed. Sharing own strategies is like making your fighters more exposed to loss. That's the main reason why I'm not going to add my brick to this thread (I'm not slider's Sun-Tzu, but I know something about setting them)

Bragi~

• Upvote 1

Well I was referring more to people who need help with tactics for a fight. From what I've seen, many noobs & even veteran managers are unsure what to do against certain opponents & post topics on what strategy to use. There are tons of strategy topics spread all over the forums. I was just thinking maybe there can be a centralized location for them all. If you don't want to give out your strategy don't post but, for those who need help, they can have a place to go. It ain't like we're revealing secondary stats or anything.

Oh & about my fighter Ryo Hazuki, Yea, I rarely ever change his strategy. If I do, it's little things. He's a sprawl n' brawler. I just work to make him better each time out :)

Well I was referring more to people who need help with tactics for a fight. From what I've seen, many noobs & even veteran managers are unsure what to do against certain opponents & post topics on what strategy to use. There are tons of strategy topics spread all over the forums. I was just thinking maybe there can be a centralized location for them all. If you don't want to give out your strategy don't post but, for those who need help, they can have a place to go. It ain't like we're revealing secondary stats or anything.

Oh & about my fighter Ryo Hazuki, Yea, I rarely ever change his strategy. If I do, it's little things. He's a sprawl n' brawler. I just work to make him better each time out :)

Bolded sentence had reminded me that I had posted my advice about setting tactics in a noob section.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38174entry467966 V

In the second fight, as KRad mentioned it's hard to say cause we don't know yours fighter's and his opponent's sub off and def grappling. I would even say that he might has really high sub off (higher sub off than your fighters def grapp).

But you might want to receive an answer on your question made in the topic's title. I think that they're two way to stop sub guys:

1) Counter tactic

2) Aggressive tactic

Setting tactic depends on your opponents skills. I think that it's better to use aggressive tactic (to KO ground fighter or gas trying) when you're sure it's a matter of time for him to get a TD and your guy would be raped in the ground.

Counter tactic could be used if you know that your opponent have chances to take your fighter down but they are little (or he has no chances) and you want to minimalize his chances to get a counter TD.

When it comes to avoiding takedown takedown def, clinchwork secondaries are helpful. Balance, agility, speed are the most helpful physicals but I think that all physicals plays their role in this spectacl.

Bragi~

Btw. brawling against a fighter with granite chin + better striking skills are not the best way to win, mate :) (I'm reffering to fight between our fighters)

Bragi~

• Upvote 1

kinda goes against the entire concept of strategy.

one thing that has always bothered me about this game...the widespread sharing of strategy, in a fukn strategy game. brilliant. lol

I'd rather beat up someone who knows what they're doing personally..

• Upvote 1