Alexi's book to tycooning

AlexiZaitev

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I post the guide in the forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a fuck

I agree with jbomb and lance.. i dont understand why people want to give everything to new players.

If someone starts tycoon they get as much cash as they need and every tip and trick they want to know...

they also talk about private gyms, laundry, projects and other stuff that beginner shouldnt need to think...

Best part of beginning is that when you start to find out how to game works, start to get victories and you get "this is a good fighter" feeling.

Im not saying that you cant help new fighters, its good if someone helps and tells them how to do something but giving everything to them doesent really help them.

• Upvote 1

Let me clarify something, the only detailed nitty gritty things I gave out (in the first rough draft) dealt with fighter creation and training. For tactics and scouting, I just gave somethings that I do without giving specific set ups on anything. And I emphasized at the end and throughout the guide that this is just how I do things, that does not make it the best way or the only way. I was merely setting down the foundation, it is up to everyone who reads it to build a house on the foundation that I put together in this.

And on the whole figuring shit out on your own, not everyone is into doing that (much to some people's chagrin) and need something to get their minds working. I merely attempted to organize the information that is contained in the noob section and the wiki (in VERY broad strokes) into a simple easy to use document that is something that can be used as a quick reference tool to help someone out.

Also, I will forward the document to Mike at some point or discuss with him to see if he wants me to put what I put in the document into the wiki to help update it.

Again, I will restate that this is merely a foundation work based on what I myself know about this game. It is not the best way or the only way to be successful in Tycoon. I am simply trying to help be creating something for my fellow managers to see, how someone else looks and processes information in relation to the game.

At this point I'd rather see more guys playing the game. If it takes a handbook then fine by me. It would have been nice to have one when I started.

In fact, I didnt join an alliance until after a year and a half of playing. I knew nobody in the game to get information from and had to find it in what there was of a wiki in 2009 and what information I could find in old forum posts. I didn't get VIP for about a year and still havent been in chat. I couldnt afford to train my fighters full time for a long time and had to find cheap gyms, cheap supps and cheap clothes for even longer. I seemed to find some success without a handbook AND that was back when half the tycooniverse was multi.

So if the young whippersnappers need a handbook I guess you should hand them one. Just know there are a bunch of great managers here who fought their way up from the streets uphill, barefoot in the snow.

• Upvote 2

Maybe I am looking at it different because I got a lot of help from my alliance when I started out. But if I had not gotten the help I would not have been here since 10/27/2009. I know very little about computers, hell I just started getting into the forum in the last year, it took me that long to figure out how to! Each of us has things we need help with, I needed help figuring out the computers. But most on here are younger then me, so they may need help in the areas he has listed. Who knows maybe more people will stick around, Mike can make more money and maybe get the game we all like so much improved even more. I think it is a great thing that he is doing, and keep up the good work!

Let me give you guys some insight on what Alexi is attempting to do. I run a business under a very successful company. The reason this company is successful is because they understand their success begins & ends with the brand newest people. They're focus has always been to try & find the most effective way to help the brand newest person get started & become successful. You have to understand that most people that start this game don't understand that it may take some time to be successful. Not everyone is as tough as the already successful few here who had to travel the tough road & figure things out. This method has always been successful for our company & will continue to be what we focus on as long as time allows.

This is no different than what Alexi is trying to do. He's trying to help the brand new people get started so they don't quit. Look, MMATycoon will always have its quitters but we must always try & find ways to help new guys figure things out so we can begin retaining more players. We'll have to wait & see how things ultimately pan out but I believe any idea geared towards helping the game grow is a good one. Thanks Alexi for taking time out of your life to write up such an in-depth learners guide to MMATycoon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. You all watch & see.

• Upvote 3

At this point I'd rather see more guys playing the game. If it takes a handbook then fine by me. It would have been nice to have one when I started.

In fact, I didnt join an alliance until after a year and a half of playing. I knew nobody in the game to get information from and had to find it in what there was of a wiki in 2009 and what information I could find in old forum posts. I didn't get VIP for about a year and still havent been in chat. I couldnt afford to train my fighters full time for a long time and had to find cheap gyms, cheap supps and cheap clothes for even longer. I seemed to find some success without a handbook AND that was back when half the tycooniverse was multi.

So if the young whippersnappers need a handbook I guess you should hand them one. Just know there are a bunch of great managers here who fought their way up from the streets uphill, barefoot in the snow.

Those were the days :D

• Upvote 1

Let me give you guys some insight on what Alexi is attempting to do. I run a business under a very successful company. The reason this company is successful is because they understand their success begins & ends with the brand newest people. They're focus has always been to try & find the most effective way to help the brand newest person get started & become successful. You have to understand that most people that start this game don't understand that it may take some time to be successful. Not everyone is as tough as the already successful few here who had to travel the tough road & figure things out. This method has always been successful for our company & will continue to be what we focus on as long as time allows.

This is no different than what Alexi is trying to do. He's trying to help the brand new people get started so they don't quit. Look, MMATycoon will always have its quitters but we must always try & find ways to help new guys figure things out so we can begin retaining more players. We'll have to wait & see how things ultimately pan out but I believe any idea geared towards helping the game grow is a good one. Thanks Alexi for taking time out of your life to write up such an in-depth learners guide to MMATycoon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. You all watch & see.

I do thank you purpose on two counts, the first being your clear statement explaining further what I had previously in better terms, second of all thanks for taking time to read the guide and I hope it was helpful. That is my primary goal in Tycoon, while manager and fighter glory is pretty cool, I like helping people. Just look at the most helpful manager awards for 2012, 2011 and maybe 2011, I was on each list. Not that I am bragging or anything, I just want the game to reach its fullest potential and fizzle and die on us.

We have people saying "There's enough help for new players already".

We have Alexi saying "Just trying to put all that help into one easily accessible location".

Where's the beef? Hit me up with a copy, I am curious too.

• Upvote 1

I am going through it now Alexi. A few suggestions, and that's all they are as it is your guide not mine :)

1. In fighter creation: As opposed to telling them essentially how you distribute your points, why not leave that part vague and instead break down the logic behind WHY you distribute a certain way. You mention the MT/Wrestle base, which is most common, perhaps it would be best if instead of giving an allocation breakdown, instead give your rationale as to WHY MT/Wrestle is the best primary base, i.e. Ability to control the cage either through takedown off/def and how clinch control factors into this.

2. Also in fighter creation, it would be worth explaining how each offensive tool also gives defensive bonuses, ala subs help you to submit but also to resist submission, etc. Additionally, a touch more info on the hiddens. For example, heart does the things you say but most importantly (in my opinion), it allows you to take a beating like a cheap hooker when you're on your back and not tap out. Finally, it might be worth explaining some of the relationship between height and weight, the advantages/disadvantages of each across both standing and ground.

3. The last half of your fighter training info seems to pertain much more to hiddens that would be better suited in the fighter creation section.

4. As regards fighter training, it would be worth explaining how sparring factors in, how to keep skills up over time and how primary/secondaries feed each other.

5. You go from Chapter 4 to Chapter 6 :)

6. Clothes, supps, etc from the fighter's perspective?

I'll leave it there for now :P A nice work over all though, it would be good to see one giant guide in one place as I often struggle to find the info I need to know from the wiki, there's shit everywhere.

I dont know shit about supps and clothing hence why it wasn't included in the guide. All i know about those 2 businesses is that sponsorships are important only from a dollars per day thing. I don't know any more details than that. The guide isn't perfect but it is a start anyway, its only a first draft but it was a decent enough start. Jax may be getting me some info on clothing and supps if i can't get any soon. I am waiting on that and some more feedback before i start on the second draft.

6. Clothes, supps, etc from the fighter's perspective?

I.e., how do clothes and supplements affect their fighter, what is useful off the bat, when do they need to start using what, which things benefit them for different things, etc.