My standup fighter

aveiro17

Hi, my fighter just fightet his first match, and it only lasted 5 seconds, i Knocked him out with 1 punch :3 i have no ground game at all, someone who can tell me how to train him now, i got inzane clinch and punches, and high as strenght. 1-2 of each bjj secondaries every week, like transitions, defgrappling and escapes?
http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=585463

• Upvote 1

Congratz on the win. He'll be well rested after sunday. To get the most out of your clinch and also protect you on from the ground game start working on your Wrestling. It will aid you far more than bjj at this point. Especially if you got some clinch game as wrestling is very important. It will also aid you in staying of the ground. But remember, you can only sparr wrestling once a day not to lose out on learning points. The second session I'd probably use on either defensive grappeling or takedown defence. Work on them until you get a decent level or the next guy you face, if he is a wrestler, you'll be done in under a min

I would work on physicals, i.e. strength, endurance, agility. I would build up your wrestling. Work on secondaries i.e. takedown Def, Escapes, transitions, and clinch. Build up your BJJ to a high purple or brown. This should give you a good base for a decent striker. Get that wrestling to wonderful and def grap to wonderful, at the higher levels the strikers with good wrestling tend to dominate.

Congratz on the win. He'll be well rested after sunday. To get the most out of your clinch and also protect you on from the ground game start working on your Wrestling. It will aid you far more than bjj at this point. Especially if you got some clinch game as wrestling is very important. It will also aid you in staying of the ground. But remember, you can only sparr wrestling once a day not to lose out on learning points. The second session I'd probably use on either defensive grappeling or takedown defence. Work on them until you get a decent level or the next guy you face, if he is a wrestler, you'll be done in under a min

I have 12 in clinchwork, but only 3 in MT. Is his low primary making his secondarie worse in fight or?

In a way yes, Think of primaries as "how it's done" and secondaries as "when to do it"

So in your case it would be your fighter knows when he should do something, he just doesn't know what to do / how to do it.

What clinch does is that it's kind of like defensive striking, your fighter will be better at anticipating what your opponant will do and there for defend it better or strike more effectivly.

BUT!

Wrestling is much more important than MT for clinch if you are not looking to strike, just survive or get out of clinch. MT is more needed for when you are using elbows or knees but if you only got punches than you are better of with using boxing a.k.a Dirty boxing and wrestling will be used to control your opponant in the clinch. So you need both wrestling and a striking skill that's best suited for your fighter be it boxing or MT