Warrior Fight League Smack Talk Thread

Jballin123

OFFICIAL WFL RANKINGS: As of 4/12/14

145 lb (Featherweight):

Champion: Terry Aunor (17-5) {5-1} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

Aunor bounced back, defending his title by decision over Giantsbane, and will now rematch Anucha Poopha

1. Anucha Poopha (11-2) {3-0}

Poopha has defeated Aunor before, and he will look to do it again in his title bout April 23rd

2. James Jaffer (18-6-1) {1-0}

Jaffer controlled the popular Rostowski in his WFL debut, and will now fight Octavio Ramos with a shot at the belt on the line

3. Andrzej Rostowski (15-17) {4-3}

Rostowski fell short in his effort against the well rounded Jaffer, but the experienced submission master will undoubtedly be back in the thick of the 145 lb division soon

4. Octavio Ramos (10-4) {2-0}

Ramos has been ultra impressive in his WFL career thus far, and will look to secure a title shot with a victory over Jaffer

5. Artair Dostan (10-7-1) {3-3}

Dostan returns to the top five after putting away Suliman Kane quickly, and will look to continue his charge at the title when he takes on Benny Hill

On the Fringe: Artie Lange, Sid Going, Benny Hill, Tommy Ward, Calvin Revengedanger

155 lb (Lightweight):

Champion: Risto Haeyhae (4-1) {3-1} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

Risto Haeyhae dominated Yod Photirat in his title victory, and will now defend his title against another striker in Joakim Akterhall

1. Joakim Akterhall (2-1) {2-0}

Akterall had quite a debut, finishing his opponent with a head kick. Akterall then defeated Bokser Turniejowy and will now face Risto Haeyhae for the title

2. Niklas Backstrom (13-3) {1-0}

The swedish submission stud was ultra impressive in his debut when he submitted Hispanyola, and he will now await the winner of Haeyhae and Akterhall

3. Roufus Kaine (6-1) {3-0}

Kaine picked up another big win the WFL lightweight division when he TKO'd a game Jay Bryson. Kaine will now fight Yod Photiral for a shot at the title

4. Tommi Talentti (9-14) {1-0}

"T-Bomb" was impressive in his debut, submitting Yod Photirat quickly and will now face Mikko Hovimaki

5. Yod Photirat (8-17) {3-3}

"Yod" finally returned to the win column when he decisioned Azhiev. Photirat will look to get back in the title picture against Kaine

On the Fringe: Mikko Hovimaki, Wan Bemming, Bokser Turniejowy, Ronaldo Hispanyola

170 lb (Welterweight)

Champion: Rafael Gomez (5-0) {4-0}http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

In a shocking upset, Rafael Gomez swarmed Walter Bishop, finishing him with strikes in the first. Gomez will await for a new challenge to arise in the stacked 170 lb division

1. Miguel Augusto (9-5) {4-2}

Despite a losing at WFL 21, Augusto remains in the #1 contender position and will fight Shinya Stanley for a shot at the crown

2. Shinya Stanley (6-3) {4-2}

The dangerous KO artist Stanley was fired up after his quick first round KO victory over the tough Bryan Poison, and will look to parlay that energy into a highly coveted title shot when he rematches Miguel Augusto

3. Marr Sepio (5-2) {2-1}

Sepio rebounded nicely from his loss against Miguel Augusto, as he KO'd Thomas Raith in the first.

4. Thunder Jackson (17-7-1) {1-0}

It was closer than expected, but Jackson was a able defeat Deckard at WFL 9

5. Alexander Pichushkin (4-1) {2-0}

The talented boxer now has back to back KO's in the WFL, and will look to get his third straight when he faces Marr Sepio

On the Fringe: Thomas Raith, Bryan Poison, Arn de Gothia

185 lb (Middleweight)

Champion: Las Mambo (12-1) {3-0}http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

3 fight, 3 submissions for Las Mambo, who will look to defend his title for the first time against Renato Otis

1. Renato Otis (8-3) {2-0}

The talented grappler entered the WFL 185 lb division seeking a title, and he now has the shot after submitting Kia Turunen

2. Tomas Skalinskas (3-1) {2-1}

Skalinskas was submitted by Mambo in his shot at the title, but the well rounded striker will look to bounce back against fellow striker Juhani Jarvela

3. Juhani Jarvela (18-36) {1-1}

By far the most experienced fighter in the WFL 185 lb division, the journeyman and feared striker Jarvela entered the WFL with quite a lot of momentum behind him, winning 4 of his last 5, including 3 in a row, but was submitted by #1 Las Mambo. Jarvela returned to his winning ways in a quick KO of Very Magnum, and will now face Skalinskas.

4. Adam Slate (3-1) {2-0}

Slate has now won 3 straight, and two in the WFL. He will next face Ali Babanov in an attempt to make a statement.

5. Doug Pattersson (3-0) {2-0}

The hot prospect Pattersson was impressive yet again, utilizing his superior wrestling to defeat Kiri

On the Fringe: Luiz Carvalho, Piotr Witczak , Kia Turunen

205 lb (Light heavyweight)

Champion: Fritz Haarmann (9-0) {4-0} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

The WFL's most dominant champion was successful in his toughest challenge to date, submitting Bob Probert with his signature guillotine in round 1. Haarmann will now take on tough Polish wrestler Oskar Wysocki for a second time.

1. Oskar Wysocki (7-1) {6-1}

Wysocki was dominant yet again, this time submitting Jon Jones. Wysocki will now get another crack at the "Butcher of Hanover" in late April

2. Bob Probert (4-1) {3-1}

Probert was unsuccessful in his title bid against WFL champ Fritz Haarmann, but the tough striker succumbed to a guillotine in the first round. Probert will look to bounce back against Tony Rollins in early May

3. David Thompson (5-0) {4-0}

The young Thompson has been incredibly impressive in his WFL career thus far, and extended his streak to five in a row with a second round TKO of Ahti Ahven.

4. Don Schmidt (6-2) {4-2}

It was a disappointing loss for the former #1 contender, as he was put away by Bob Probert in the second round, but the KO artist bounced back with a 17 second KO of Kevin Stevens.

5. Shen Woo (3-2) {3-1}

After a rough and fairly unlucky start to his MMA career, "The God of War" has now won three fights in a row, all by KO in under a minute. Woo will look to make a statement against fan favorite Don Schmidt.

On the Fringe: Brad May, Ahti Ahven, Tony Rollins

265 lb (Heavyweight)

Champion: Jason Rogers (13-11) {3-1} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

The main event of WFL 17 ended with one shocking, lightning fast overhand right that connected flush on the jaw of Kamala Naamahaara, putting an end to the champs reign, and crowning Jason Rogers as the new king of the Heavyweight division. Rogers will make his first title defense against Leather Slammer

1. Kamala Naamahaara (13-6) {4-1}

​It was a disappointing end to Naamahaara's reign as champion, but the striker will undoubtedly be back, and will look to begin that with a win over Kakashi Hatake

2. Leather Slammer (18-15) {2-0}

The MMA veteran impressed in his WFL debut, submitting Syltas Pojk in under two minutes and continued with another first round submission, this time against Kakashi Hatake. Slammer will now face Jason Rogers

3. Rsghrhr Hrjgjsjs (6-0) {3-0}

"Fdjfj" was impressive in his WFL debut, and kept his momentum rolling vs Gary Stillies in a 1st round submission victory

4. Syltas Pojk (5-3) {2-2}

After a rough start to his WFL career, Syltas Pojk has now run off two wins in a row, including a win over Brutus Satanae in a rematch. Pojk will now battle WFL newcomer Ghiorghos Papadopoulos

5. Kim Jong Un (8-13) {1-0}

"The Korean King" was impressive in his debut in the WFL, submitting tough French striker Gary Stilies in the first. Jong Un will look to continue his momentum when he faces Luigi Fuze

On the Fringe: Brutus Satanae, Valera Kaminsky, Kakashi Hatake

Disagree? Let us know why below!

Shinya Stanley: I couldn't ask for a better opportunity than the one set before me. Avenge my loss to Miguel and get a rematch Gomez for the title.

Still don't understand why Thunder Jackson is ranked. He's only fought 1x in WFL and that was in February. The rest of us have fought 3x since then.

Live from The Underground in Helsinki, Finland, the Warrior Fight League brings you their third Fight Night, headlined by a pair of dangerous heavyweights. Yeah, yeah, I know, no title fights on this card, but I can honestly say I haven’t been this excited for a WFL card in quite some time. The main event will showcase former champ Kamala Naamahaara against Kakashi “Gaiden” Hatake. Also on the card are some great featherweight and LHW scraps. So let’s get into it:

Preliminary bout #1- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Michal Nogueira (5-9) {1-0} versus Slim Thug (2-0) {1-0}

A pair of dangerous strikers meet in our first fight of the evening. Both of these men won their WFL debuts, and they will look to springboard into the title hunt with a win. Nogueira is definitely the more well rounded striker, but Thug has some nasty boxing with great takedown defense. Of his nine losses, eight of Nogueira’s losses have come by KO, which is why I will take Slim Thug by first round KO.

Preliminary bout #2- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Fernando Martinez (5-4) {1-2} versus Adonis Stevenson (4-4) {2-3)

When Fernando “The Flash” Martinez entered the WFL, I immediately pegged him as title challenger, and to be honest, he has fell far short of those expectations, but he has a chance to turn things around against fellow grappler Adonis Stevenson. These fighters are extremely similar, each relying on their BJJ to finish opponents. In this one, I see Martinez as having the better submission defense and control, and I see him winning by sub in round 3.

Preliminary bout #3- Middleweight fight (185 lbs)

Luiz Carvalho (4-3) {0-1} versus Very Magnum (6-8) {0-2}

A pair of struggling middleweights look to get a run started here in this matchup. Carvalho entered the WFL with a lot of hype and momentum having won four straight, but he fell short, losing a close decision to Adam Slate. Carvalho is a tricky fighter, holding a purple belt in BJJ, but he actually prefers to stand and strike, winning 3 of his 4 by KO. Magnum on the other hand wants to take this one to the ground against Carvalho, but I think Carvalho will be able to stay standing with his superior wrestling, and I think he takes home a first round KO.

Preliminary bout #4- Middleweight fight (185 lbs)

Ali Babanov (2-0) {0-0} versus #4 Adam Slate (3-1) {2-0}

Adam Slate has done nothing but impressed in his WFL career thus far, as he has won two fights I honestly thought he wasn’t. Slate, however, will have his skills put to the test when he faces Ali Babanov. Babanov is the first superior wrestlet Slate has faced in his career, and I think that may pose some issues for “the Artist”. Babanov also has a much higher tendency to finish fights, which I think is big here against Slate. I say this one is competitive up until round three, when Babanov takes dominant position and finishes the fight by TKO.

Main Card bout #1- Middleweight fight (185 lbs)

#2 Tomas Skalinskas (3-1) {2-1} versus #3 Juhani Jarvela (18-36) {1-1}

A couple of strong middleweights looking to make their run meet here an exciting clash. There is no doubt Skalinskas is the more well rounded fighter, and you could also make an argument he is the more well rounded striker, but Juhani Jarvela possesses some lethal boxing. Jarvela is quite the finisher, 18 KOs in 18 wins, but I think this may be tough against such a well rounded fighter in Skalinskas. Tomas is not only a scary striker, but he also owns a blue belt in BJJ, which he used to submit Curiano Mohadef in his WFL debut. I think Skalinskas repeats this debut, and he submits Jarvela after an entertaining round one.

Main Card bout #2- Featherweight fight (145 lbs)

Suliman Kane (6-8) {1-2} versus Calvin Revengedanger (3-2) {1-0}

We have a classic striker versus grappler matchup in this featherweight clash. I know, Calvin Revengedanger’s record isn’t very impressive, but this 20 year old striker from Helsinki has some true potential. Possessing arguably the best Muay Thai in all of the WFL, Revengedanger can give people fits on the feet. In my opinion, Revengedanger will only have to keep this one on the feet for a minute or two against the glass jawed Kane. However that may be a problem, as Kane possesses strong grappling. This is a tough one to pick, but I will go with Revengedanger by quick KO.

Main Card bout #3- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Daniel Carneiro (22-12) {0-0} versus Ricardo Santana (2-0) {1-0}

I must say, out of all the fights on this stacked card, I think I am most looking forward to this scrap, as it may represent either a changing of the guard, or a statement by the veteran Daniel Carneiro. Carneiro enters his WFL debut on an absolute tear, as he is coming off his second title defense in his former promotion, LMMA, and has won an incredible 9 out of 10. Carneiro excels in the BJJ department, but has some strong striking to back it up. Santana, who was pegged as a “future star” by our former writer Tony Rossi, also sports a well rounded game, but “the Cuban Axe” prefers to strike. This is such an evenly matched fight, and I think we are going to have a special one on our hands. I’m going to say Carneiro controls the first two rounds, but Santana makes a shocking comeback and takes out Carneiro by TKO in the third.

Co Main Event- Featherweight fight (145 lbs)

Benny Hill (17-17) {2-3} versus #5 Artair Dostan (10-7-1) {3-3}

Artair Dostan will look to break .500 in the WFL and continue his run at the title when he takes on one of the more popular fighters in the WFL in Benny Hill. When it comes to Dostan, nobody ever questions his talent. He has superb boxing to go along with a rock solid ground game. That ground game will definitely be put to the test against Benny Hill. Hill is a dominant wrestler with good BJJ. However, Hill’s chin has been an issue in the past, and I think Dostan gets this one done by third round TKO.

Main Event- Heavyweight fight (265 lbs)

#1 Kamala Naamahaara (13-6) {4-1} versus Kakashi Hatake (13-14) {0-3}

When Kamala Naamahaara enters a fight with maximum energy, few can stifle his seemingly unstoppable Muay Thai attack. And through the first four fights of his WFL career, overtraining wasn’t a problem for “Apu”. But in his last fight it led to his downfall, and I think it may happen here again, as it appears Naamahaara has once again overtrained. Although he sports a winless WFL record, there is no doubt Kakashi Hatake is still a top flight heavyweight, sporting one of the most well rounded games in the division. Hatake’s gameplan should definitely be centered around his ground game, and I think he executes this gameplan en route to a 2nd round submission over an exhausted Naamahaara.

Shinya Stanley: I couldn't ask for a better opportunity than the one set before me. Avenge my loss to Miguel and get a rematch Gomez for the title.

Still don't understand why Thunder Jackson is ranked. He's only fought 1x in WFL and that was in February. The rest of us have fought 3x since then.

Fair enough, Thunder Jackson will be removed in our next rankings

David Thompson: I've never been a talent and I never will, but I want to achieve success. I hope that this will be possible. Kevin Stevens, I wish you the same regardless of the outcome of the fight.

Scratch that for the time being. But Tommy win or lose your next fight is vs Jupiter

If that is how you want it Tommy is okay with the fight. However your profile still says you're not in WFL. And Tommy will not wait for you. If your not here after this upcoming fight he will look elsewhere.

It’s going to be quite a night from Hayashi’s Lounge in Helsinki, Finland, where the WFL will present their 22nd event, headlined by a highly anticipated Heavyweight Title fight between Jason Rogers and Leather Slammer, as well as a Lightweight Title fight, and the highly anticipated debut of Tommy Ward. Let’s get into it:

*all odds according to Murder Inc. Betting

Preliminary bout #1- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Oruku Saki (0-0) {0-0} versus Trent Rock (5-6) {0-1}

Saki makes his MMA and WFL debut here as he battles Trent Rock. Rock debuted in the WFL having won five out of his last six, but was knocked out by Marcin Waligora. Rock prefers to striker, having won 4 out of his 5 wins by KO, but he may want to take this one to the ground against the superior striker in Saki. However, I don’t think Rock will be able to get this one to the ground, and I have Saki by 2nd round TKO.

Preliminary bout #2- Lightweight fight (155 lbs)

Cesys Kazlauskas (8-8) {1-0} versus Travis Milnes (1-0) {0-0}

Cesys Kazlauskas returns to the WFL cage after a submission victory in his debut and he will be taking on the well rounded Travis Milnes. Milnes should key on keeping the fight on the feet in this one, as he easily has the advantage in the striking department. However, when this one hits the mat, I see Kazlauskas having the advantage. This is a really tough fight to pick, but I will go with Milnes by decision in a back and forth affair.

Preliminary bout #3- Heavyweight fight (265 lbs)

Brutus Satanae (3-3) {2-2} versus Bubba James (9-16) {1-1}

[-355] [+245]

A pair of strikers look to get back on track here as Brutus Satanae takes on Bubba James. The former title challenger Satanae has now lost two in a row, and it appears he may have overtrained coming into this one, and that may be a problem against a striker the caliber of Bubba James. On paper, this one looks like a blowout for Satanae, but upon further examination, I think James may actually have the advantage, and I’ll take him by third round TKO.

Preliminary bout #4- Lightweight fight (155 lbs)

Mikko Hovimaki (9-4) {0-0} versus #4 Tommi Talentti (9-14) {1-0}

Hovimaki makes his much anticipated debut here as he takes on fellow top lightweight Tommi Talentti. This is a pretty clear striker vs grappler matchup, and there is no doubt Hovimaki lives up to his “One Punch” nickname, as 8 of his 9 wins have come by KO. Talentti meanwhile is more than competent on the feet but BJJ purple belt clearly prefers to grapple as 8 of his 9 wins have come by submission. This is a tough one to pick, but I think Hovimaki’s defensive wrestling keeps this one on the feet and he gets a second round KO victory.

Main Card bout #1- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

#3 David Thompson (5-0) {4-0} versus Kevin Stevens (4-3) {3-3}

[-199] [+147]

After winning his first three in the WFL, Kevin Stevens has now dropped three in a row, but will look to get back on track here against highly ranked boxer David Thompson. Thompson has been fantastic in the WFL thus far, going undefeated with two KO’s. The problem in this fight won’t be the standup for Thompson, but the problem will be keeping it there against the high level wrestler in Stevens. I think Stevens has success early in this one, but I think Thompson eventually pulls it off by third round TKO.

Main Card bout #2- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

#4 Don Schmidt (6-2) {4-2} versus #5 Shen Woo (3-2) {3-1}

[-144] [+108]

In our second marquee light heavyweight matchup of the evening, a pair of ranked strikers go at it. Schmidt, one of the longest tenured fighters in the WFL will look to get back into the thick of things with a win here, although he has expressed interest in moving to 185. Woo on the other hand has incredibly resuscitated his career, as he has now won three in a row, all by KO in under 1 minute. This fight really is a toss up between to brutal strikers. I might give Schmidt the technical advantage, but I believe Woo may have the better chin. However, I think Schmidt connects early, and ends up putting Woo to sleep at the end of the first.

Main Card bout #3- Lightweight Title fight (155 lbs)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w24.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42w29.jpg

Champion Risto Haeyhae (4-1) {3-1} versus #1 Joakim Akterhall (2-1) {2-0}

[-133] [+100]

Risto Haeyhae enters his first title defense as a slight favorite over striker Joakim Akterhall. Akterhall has had quite a run in the WFL, winning via head kick in his debut, and then avenging the only loss of his career in his sophomore effort. The gameplans for both fighters should be pretty clear here. Haeyhae need this one on the canvas, and as quickly as possible. On the other hand, if Akterhall keeps this one on the feet, it should be a good night for him. Despite never surrendering even one takedown in his entire career, I think Haeyhae gets this one to the canvas in the second and wins via submission.

Co Main Event- Featherweight fight (145 lbs)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/19/19w6.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b8.jpg

Artie Lange (14-12) {2-1} versus Tommy Ward (13-4-1) {0-0}

[+167] [-228]

Artie Lange looks to make it 3 in a row here as he takes on Tommy Ward, who is making his highly anticipated debut. Ward is a dominant wrestler with some serious power in his ground and pound. Lange is also a great grappler in his own right, but he prefers to go for submissions. Throughout his career, Ward has shown fairly consistent submission defense, and if he keeps that in check, this one should be a smooth ride over the glass-jawed Lange. I will take Ward by first round TKO.

Main Event- Heavyweight Title fight (265 lbs)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2b1.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w1.jpg

Champion Jason Rogers (13-11) {3-1} versus #2 Leather Slammer (18-15) {2-0}

[-102] [-130]

I must say, I think Jason Rogers is my favorite fighter in the WFL. Rogers showcases some of the best hands in the WFL, and always comes to fight. He has a tough matchup tonight though as he battles dangerous grappler Leather Slammer. Slammer is the slight favorite in this fight, and that is because of his incredible wrestling and BJJ brown belt, which has led to him having 14 of his 18 wins come by submission. Rogers, meanwhile, should only have to keep this one on the feet for 3 or 4 minutes and I think he will have a KO over the shaky jaw of Leather Slammer. However, I think Slammer gets this one down quickly and wins by submission in round 2.

Tommy Ward "Well I got a win. But that is about all I can say. I can honestly say that I am very unhappy with how I did in this fight. But a win is a win. Sorry for the disappointing debut. I really don't have much more to say than that. With that being said I cannot wait to get back in the cage ASAP.Can't wait to see who it will be against"

Just letting everyone know I will be out of town for the next few weeks and I will be having a friend send out fight offers, posting previews, rankings etc. However during this time I will not be signing new fighters. Apologies to anyone effected, and I wish everyone the best of luck in their upcoming fights!

WFL Owner Josh James

OFFICIAL WFL RANKINGS: As of 4/19/14

145 lb (Featherweight):

Champion: Terry Aunor (17-5) {5-1} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

Aunor bounced back, defending his title by decision over Giantsbane, and will now rematch Anucha Poopha

1. Anucha Poopha (11-2) {3-0}

Poopha has defeated Aunor before, and he will look to do it again in his title bout April 23rd

2. James Jaffer (18-6-1) {1-0}

Jaffer controlled the popular Rostowski in his WFL debut, and will now fight Octavio Ramos with a shot at the belt on the line

3. Andrzej Rostowski (15-17) {4-3}

Rostowski fell short in his effort against the well rounded Jaffer, but the experienced submission master will undoubtedly be back in the thick of the 145 lb division soon

4. Octavio Ramos (10-4) {2-0}

Ramos has been ultra impressive in his WFL career thus far, and will look to secure a title shot with a victory over Jaffer

5. Artair Dostan (11-7-1) {4-3}

Dostan dominated Benny Hill, and will look to continue his surge to the top when he battles hot striker Calvin Revengedanger.

On the Fringe: Benny Hill, Tommy Ward, Calvin Revengedanger, Reinaldo Aruba

155 lb (Lightweight):

Champion: Risto Haeyhae (5-1) {4-1} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

Risto Haeyhae dominated Yod Photirat in his title victory, and defeated Akterhall in a fun fight, and he will now battle fellow grappler Niklas Backstrom

1. Niklas Backstrom (13-3) {1-0}

The swedish submission stud was ultra impressive in his debut when he submitted Hispanyola, and he will now await the winner of Haeyhae and Akterhall

2. Roufus Kaine (6-1) {3-0}

Kaine picked up another big win the WFL lightweight division when he TKO'd a game Jay Bryson. Kaine will now fight Yod Photirat for a shot at the title

3. Joakim Akterhall (2-2) {2-1}

It was a tough defeat for Akterhall, but the young striker is bound to be back in this fun 155 lb division

4. Mikko Hovimaki (10-4) {1-0}

Hovimaki debuted with a gritty decision victory over Tommi Talentti, and the brilliant striker is poised for quite the run in the WFL

5. Tommi Talentti (9-14) {1-0}

"T-Bomb" was impressive in his debut, but was defeated by Hovimaki in his last outing

On the Fringe: Wan Bemming, Bokser Turniejowy, Ronaldo Hispanyola

170 lb (Welterweight)

Champion: Rafael Gomez (5-0) {4-0}http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

In a shocking upset, Rafael Gomez swarmed Walter Bishop, finishing him with strikes in the first. Gomez will await for a new challenge to arise in the stacked 170 lb division

1. Miguel Augusto (9-5) {4-2}

Despite a losing at WFL 21, Augusto remains in the #1 contender position and will fight Shinya Stanley for a shot at the crown

2. Shinya Stanley (6-3) {4-2}

The dangerous KO artist Stanley was fired up after his quick first round KO victory over the tough Bryan Poison, and will look to parlay that energy into a highly coveted title shot when he rematches Miguel Augusto

3. Marr Sepio (5-2) {2-1}

Sepio rebounded nicely from his loss against Miguel Augusto, as he KO'd Thomas Raith in the first.

4. Alexander Pichushkin (4-1) {2-0}

The talented boxer now has back to back KO's in the WFL, and will look to get his third straight when he faces Marr Sepio

5. Bryan Poison (3-1) {1-1}

Poison was defeated in his last outing, but the well rounded fighter will look to bounce back soon

On the Fringe: Thomas Raith, Holy Diver

185 lb (Middleweight)

Champion: Las Mambo (12-1) {3-0}http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

3 fight, 3 submissions for Las Mambo, who will look to defend his title for the first time against Renato Otis

1. Renato Otis (8-3) {2-0}

The talented grappler entered the WFL 185 lb division seeking a title, and he now has the shot after submitting Kia Turunen

2. Juhani Jarvela (19-36) {2-1}

By far the most experienced fighter in the WFL 185 lb division, the journeyman and feared striker Jarvela entered the WFL with quite a lot of momentum behind him, winning 4 of his last 5, including 3 in a row, but was submitted by #1 Las Mambo. Jarvela returned to his winning ways in a quick KO's of Very Magnum and Tomas Skalinskas and will now battle Doug Pattersson

3. Doug Pattersson (3-0) {2-0}

The hot prospect Pattersson was impressive yet again, utilizing his superior wrestling to defeat Kiri

4. Tomas Skalinskas (3-2) {2-2}

Skalinskas has now lost two in row, but the well rounded fighter is poised to make a return to prominence

5. Luiz Carvalho (5-3) {1-1}

The heavy-handed BJJ purple belt KO'd Very Magnum in his last appearance, and will now look to put himself into the title picture with a win over grappler Ali Babanov

On the Fringe: Ali Babanov, Adam Slate, Piotr Witczak , Kia Turunen

205 lb (Light heavyweight)

Champion: Fritz Haarmann (9-0) {4-0} http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

The WFL's most dominant champion was successful in his toughest challenge to date, submitting Bob Probert with his signature guillotine in round 1. Haarmann will now take on tough Polish wrestler Oskar Wysocki for a second time.

1. Oskar Wysocki (7-1) {6-1}

Wysocki was dominant yet again, this time submitting Jon Jones. Wysocki will now get another crack at the "Butcher of Hanover" in late April

2. Bob Probert (4-1) {3-1}

Probert was unsuccessful in his title bid against WFL champ Fritz Haarmann, but the tough striker succumbed to a guillotine in the first round. Probert will look to bounce back against Tony Rollins in early May

3. Don Schmidt (7-2) {5-2}

Another fight, another KO victory for the fan favorite Don Schmidt, as he destroyed Shen Woo, knocking him down 3 times before finally finishing him with a brutal right hand. What's next for him? Perhaps a move to 185? Only time will tell for the former title challenger

4. Brad May (3-0) {2-0}

May had a tough first round against Kevin Stevens, but put down the former title challenger in the second with a head kick, and the dominant striker will look to continue his winning ways against vet Daniel Carneiro

5. David Thompson (5-1) {4-1}

The young Thompson suffered the first loss of his career in a fun fight against Kevin Stevens, but the striker will be back in this loaded 205 lb division

On the Fringe: Ricardo Santana, Kevin Stevens, Ahti Ahven, Tony Rollins

265 lb (Heavyweight)

Champion: Leather Slammer (19-15) {3-0}http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20131222000642Belt2blank.jpg

The MMA veteran is now an MMA champion after his submission victory over Jason Rogers. Slammer will now await a challenger to emerge in the 265 lb division

1. Jason Rogers (13-12) {3-2}

It was a disappointing end to his run, but the game Rogers will look to return to prominence against Bubba James

2. Rsghrhr Hrjgjsjs (6-0) {3-0}

"Fdjfj" was impressive in his WFL debut, and kept his momentum rolling vs Gary Stillies and Bubba James in 1st round submission victories

3. Syltas Pojk (5-3) {2-2}

After a rough start to his WFL career, Syltas Pojk has now run off two wins in a row, including a win over Brutus Satanae in a rematch. Pojk will now battle WFL newcomer Ghiorghos Papadopoulos

4. Kakashi Hatake (14-14) {1-3}

Despite a dismal WFL record, Hatake enters the top five after his victory over former champ Naamahaara, and will look to build off his momentum against newcomer Tony Siblas

5. Kamala Naamahaara (13-7) {4-2}

Naamahaara has had a disappointing fall, but the 28 year old striker will look to return against Luigi Fuze

On the Fringe: Bubba James, Valera Kaminsky, Luigi Fuze, Tony Siblas

Disagree? Let us know why below!

The WFL returns to The Underground in Helsinki, Finland with an absolutely stacked card headlined by a rematch for the Featherweight Championship, as Terry Aunor and Anucha Poopha, as well as a pair of top contender matchups. Let's get in to it:

Preliminary bout #1- Featherweight fight (145 lbs)

Jaromir Jag (29-48-2) (0-2) versus Krejzi Kure (2-1) {1-1}

One of the most experienced fighters in the world returns tonight as Jag takes on young gun Krejzi Kure. Jag has had a tough go so far in the WFL, losing by KO twice, but he has been competitive. Kure on the other hand had a tough debut against veteran Benny Hill, but he bounced back with a TKO of Iain James. Kure best chance in this one is to take it to the ground and pounding Jag out, but that may be difficult against the BJJ purple belt. I'm going to take Jag getting his first WFL win by decision.

Preliminary bout #2- Heavyweight fight (265 lbs)

Gary Stilies (5-6) {0-2} versus Valera Kamenskiy (9-16) {2-1}

It's been a tough run thus far in the WFL for Gary Stilies, but he will look to turn things around against veteran Kamenskiy. Kamenskiy has been very good so far in the WFL, with two impressive victories. To continue his winning ways he should take this one to the ground. The French boxer Stilies will look to keep it standing, where he will look to batter the shaky jaw of Kamenskiy. I see Kamenskiy winning the first round or two, but then Stilies connecting and knocking out Kamenskiy in the third.

Preliminary bout #3- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Iggor Souza (3-5) {0-2} versus Heikki Hirvonen (5-6) {1-3}

Both of these men have had dissapointing WFL runs thus far, but they will look to turn it around in this bout. "The Helsinki Hitman" is a very well rounded fighter, being well versed in both striking and grappling. Souza on the other hand is a striker by trade, specializing in the art of Muay Thai. In this one, Hirvonen may want to take it to the canvas, while Souza will definitely look to strike. Both of these guys have shown an inability to defend their weakness, but this time I think Hirvonen is able to avoid the KO and win by decision.

Main Card bout #1- Light Heavyweight fight (205 lbs)

Ahti Ahven (5-5) {2-1} versus Jon Jones (2-1) {0-1}

Ahven has been nothing but impressive so far in his WFL career, having two upset wins, which includes an upset KO victory over previously undefeated Antonio Vidal. Jones was dealt a tough hand in his WFL debut as he fought #1 contender Oskar Wysock, and was defeated. Jones is a devastating Muay Thai striker, while Ahven is a more well rounded standup fighter. However, this is one gaping difference in this bout, and that's the chin. In five losses, Ahti Ahven has been KO'd five times, and I think that's the difference tonight as Jones gets the KO victory.

Main Card bout #2- Welterweight fight (170 lbs)

#3 Marr Sepio (5-2) {2-1} versus #4 Alexander Pichushkin (4-1) {2-0}

[-125] [-106]

Two of the young guns in the WFL's welterweight division go at it here, as Marr Sepio takes on Pichushkin. Alexander is a beast of a boxer, and it shows, winning all four of his fights by KO. On the other hand, Marr Sepio is a little more well rounded, and even has a submission victory to his credit. When the fight is on the feet it is clear what each man will want to do, Pichushkin will punch, and Sepio will kick. I think this one comes down to who is more well rounded, and when you look at it, there is no doubt Sepio is more well rounded, and I think that leads him to a decision victory over a game Pichushkin.

Main Card bout #3- Featherweight fight (145 lbs)

#4 Octavio Ramos (10-4) {2-0} versus #2 James Jaffer (18-6-1) {1-0}

[+168] [-186]

This is easily the fight I'm most excited for on this card, and it is also is for the first of our two #1 contender bouts on this card. Octavio Ramos is quite an anomaly. If you stand with him, you have to deal with his destructive boxing, and if you go to the ground, you have to deal with his BJJ brown belt. For a normal fighter, this is loathsome. However, James Jaffer is not a normal fighter. The wrestler easily has one of the most well rounded games in the WFL, with elite wrestling to go along with solid striking. Not only that, but the BJJ brown belt submitted former Abu Dhabi champ Sparky Anderson just a few bouts ago in the CEFC promotion. Needless to say, Jaffer is a handful, and I think he uses his well rounded game to defeat Ramos here by decision.

Co Main Event- Heavyweight fight (265 lbs)

Ghiorghos Papadopoulos (15-18) {0-0} versus #3 Syltas Pojk (5-3) {2-2}

[-127] [-104]

The second of our two #1 contender bouts comes in the heavyweight division as Syltas Pojk looks to win his third straight against a debuting Papadopoulos. It's clear what each man will want to do in this bout. Although Ghiorghos has competent standup, he doesn't want to stand up with the wood chipper that is Syltas Pojk. Papadopoulos will look to ground and pound Pojk, although he may have trouble against Pojk, who has strong defensive wrestling. If this one stays standing, it will be a quick night because of Pojk's destructive striking and Papadopoulos' questionable chin. However, I think Papadopoulus gets this one to the canvas and pounds out Pojk into a second round TKO.

Main Event- Featherweight Title Fight (145 lbs)

Champion Terry Aunor (17-5) {5-1} versus #1 Anucha Poopha (11-2) {3-0}

[+125] [-167]

Here it is folks, our much anticipated main event and rematch between Anucha Poopha and Terry Aunor. In their first battle, Poopha dominated, other than a strong fifth round from Aunor. In the fight, Aunor attempted an eye popping 37 takedowns, and he only completed two of them. Poopha was able to establish his range early and pick apart Aunor with kicks, and he also wore him down in the clinch. In this one, I think Aunor will change up his gameplan and strike a little more, while Poopha will try to do exactly what he did in the last bout. I think this one will be much closer, but I think the result is the same, and this time he gets the belt; Anucha Poopha by decision.