Point deduction penalty by referee / illegal tactics.

WildBoar

I think the referee should be able to deduct a point from a fighter for things such as, say being overly timid where one guy is set to super high counter / stall. As it is now, sometimes my guys are swinging away and the other guy lands only a couple shots in a round and it seems as though this is unrealistic without at least a warning from the referee, unless they are Kalib Starnes. :) Another possibility is adding a slider for cheating like grabbing the fence to prevent a takedown or holding the shorts or even low blows where you could have a small percentage possibility of some fighters fighting dirty and a calculation based on how often it occurs and in what form resulting in point deductions or disqualifications. Just a thought.

I love the idea and I hate to be the party pooper but that is a pretty big change in terms of both game mechanics and altering the game playing community's tactics/perspectives/fighter builds/etc, so don't get your hopes up about it happening :P

There are a million much more minor and (in my opinion) much more urgently required changes which are still waiting and waiting :(

Ok, so this is my third time trying to post a reply on here so I think I lost some of my original message but here goes:

I agree completely with your point of view. There are definitely some smaller tweaks that should get attention first, but I just thought this idea might work in the future as the next major move for the game even if it took years to develop. I just think that it would make it more realistic and maybe change people's tried and true strategies. It would add something fresh to the game for everyone and help the lower ranked managers compete with the older more established players. As it stands now, once you discover the best fighter builds, train at an elite, private gym and wash, rinse, repeat with the better strategies out there it makes it hard for a lot of managers to compete with those near the top of the game. I know that generally speaking the people around the same skill levels tend to compete with each other, but there are those out there that pad their records. A well placed low blow, eye poke or fence grab would at least add a risk/reward scenario for those who would implement it. At the same time it would add more character to the fighters where some could be known as cheats and have a more devious personality.

There was much more to my original post but alas, it keeps getting lost in the mail... :)

i don't have a problem with it, as long as it's not very common. having it based on experience/intelligence/skill would make sense (for example a dumb fighter that's inexperienced with a low kicking skill - decent chance at kicking the other fighter in the balls if he's set to do a lot of leg kicks).

in addition to this, a fighter that has good heart could get a bit of a short-term boost to his skill/aggression after getting kicked in the balls, and a fighter with low confidence would get a short term skill decrease after getting a point taken away.

i don't have a problem with it, as long as it's not very common. having it based on experience/intelligence/skill would make sense (for example a dumb fighter that's inexperienced with a low kicking skill - decent chance at kicking the other fighter in the balls if he's set to do a lot of leg kicks).

in addition to this, a fighter that has good heart could get a bit of a short-term boost to his skill/aggression after getting kicked in the balls, and a fighter with low confidence would get a short term skill decrease after getting a point taken away.

If anything gets brought in with the low blows I think this ^ would be the best way to address it