alternates. (to help nc's)

when a NC happens, the fighter at fault should be penalized with the innocent fighter getting a last minute replacement through an Alternates system where any fighter in the org can select a tick box making them available to be put into a last second fight if one of the fighters on the card no shows or don't make weight. there would be a second tick box to state your acceptance of an alternate in case a fighter does not want a random opponent. upon making the card, the org owner can select how the alternate will be chosen.

either

highest hype

most energy

closest skill level (probly most fair for default)

or maybe longest current inactivity clause gets thrown in.

would obviously have to exclude fighters not in city, and with cuts or injuries. maybe lots of coding but sounds nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

when a NC happens, the fighter at fault should be penalized with the innocent fighter getting a last minute replacement through an Alternates system where any fighter in the org can select a tick box making them available to be put into a last second fight if one of the fighters on the card no shows or don't make weight. there would be a second tick box to state your acceptance of an alternate in case a fighter does not want a random opponent. upon making the card, the org owner can select how the alternate will be chosen.

either

highest hype

most energy

closest skill level (probly most fair for default)

or maybe longest current inactivity clause gets thrown in.

would obviously have to exclude fighters not in city, and with cuts or injuries. maybe lots of coding but sounds nice.

thats a interesting idea i actually like it it

Why would anyone sign up to be a last minute replacement? You have to take your guy off from training just in case he fights, but he probably won't. I'd much rather deal with NCs in the following way:

Put an "allow catchweight" tickbox on the fighter profile page. If you have this box ticked, your fighter will accept a catchweight bout if his opponent misses weight. He will receive 20% of his opponent's fight purse for the fight. The fighter who missed weight will also lose 20 hype points and the fighter who accepted the catchweight will gain 20 hype points.

Eliminate all "wrong city" NCs. If your fighter is in the wrong city, he should appear in the correct city at exactly 18:00, an email should go out saying "Fighter X's manager failed to arrange travel for him. He scrambled around and made it on his own, but he's pretty frazzled from the experience." Then the fighter will get an energy penalty equal to 1.5x an economy flight.

• Downvote 1

maybe lots of coding but sounds nice.

I agree that sounds too complicated to implement. There would be way too many variables to keep track of and like Nexus said :

You have to take your guy off from training just in case he fights, but he probably won't.

I think the system is fine as it is. It blows when your the org owner and you get a NC from someone but people make mistakes and such in real life as well. I think the current system mirrors that.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...