How to win wrestlers?

Guest VladTheImpaler

Guest VladTheImpaler

Since I am your opponent, Vlad, I would just sit back and take the wrestle-humping that your due to endure...

Yes sadly I have no chance against you I regret now to go in these Islands and creation tournaments because seems that wrestlers are the way to go.

Yes sadly I have no chance against you I regret now to go in these Islands and creation tournaments because seems that wrestlers are the way to go.

Most of the guys in that tournament created wrestlers, including me, because they're the most effective in the beginning

Guest VladTheImpaler

Most of the guys in that tournament created wrestlers, including me, because they're the most effective in the beginning

If only I knew that before :(

Yeah I used to always create a sprawl n brawl fighter for creation tournaments, I think once I attempted a clinch fighter as they seemed a strong option at that point. Definitely seems it's the starting base of choice now to be a wrestler and build what you can from there. That's the route I went for my island fighter.

I've got a fighter which is specifically designed against wrestlers :) Still don't know if it works, because he very few fights, but we'll see in the future - this may work very well. On this point, your fighter should have awesome kicks. What I do - I'm being pretty high on counter and constantly going for leg kicks. Really high percentage on leg kicks (you should have nice accuracy to be effective, but a leg kick is the easiest kick to land in my opinion). Wonderful TD and Wonderful Balance will help you to prevent the takedowns, and those leg kicks will make it almost impossible for him to take you down. If the fight goes down, I'm ready - I've got Wonderful Defensive grappling, and I'm keeping high on counter, stalling, and waiting for the referee to stand us up. Work some body kicks also, your kicks should be something like 6/10 leg kicks, 3.5/10 body kicks and 0.5/10 high kicks. If you wear your opponent out the chances for him to get a good submission attempt or get a TKO by pounding you from the top are reduced incredibly.

Hope this helps ;)

NOTE: Still don't know if it's available in this game to get a KO/TKO by a body kick, but with this strategy you will most likely win by desicions. Of course if you're very flexible and strong, you may land a head kick that'll put him to sleep ;)

I've got a fighter which is specifically designed against wrestlers :) Still don't know if it works, because he very few fights, but we'll see in the future - this may work very well. On this point, your fighter should have awesome kicks. What I do - I'm being pretty high on counter and constantly going for leg kicks. Really high percentage on leg kicks (you should have nice accuracy to be effective, but a leg kick is the easiest kick to land in my opinion). Wonderful TD and Wonderful Balance will help you to prevent the takedowns, and those leg kicks will make it almost impossible for him to take you down. If the fight goes down, I'm ready - I've got Wonderful Defensive grappling, and I'm keeping high on counter, stalling, and waiting for the referee to stand us up. Work some body kicks also, your kicks should be something like 6/10 leg kicks, 3.5/10 body kicks and 0.5/10 high kicks. If you wear your opponent out the chances for him to get a good submission attempt or get a TKO by pounding you from the top are reduced incredibly.

Hope this helps ;)

NOTE: Still don't know if it's available in this game to get a KO/TKO by a body kick, but with this strategy you will most likely win by desicions. Of course if you're very flexible and strong, you may land a head kick that'll put him to sleep ;)

I would put counter with clinch, then bam bum, and you're either taken down or raped in the clinch. But still, every built has its own pros and cons, so basically it's just a matter of how a manager is.

This antiwrestler guy should stall in the clinch too. And he will probably have good muay thai because he's developing kicks so he should be able to hold on :)

Guest VladTheImpaler

If you had a good mentor you would have known.

Sadly I didn't ask my mentor about it I just checked top fighters and there was like 1 wrestler.

I wish I had a mentor back when I started. Was training my guys for months till they were at .067 energy on the principle of thinking that their technique would improve that much quicker as they wouldn't be powering through exercises.

me too because i still suck at this game with sliders and probably because i never had a great mentor like ^ i always will!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the game (and the forums). How has your first month been?

Its been alright. Kind of slow. I almost want to fork over the money for VIP again but I don't want it to consume my life again.

Guest VladTheImpaler

Its been alright. Kind of slow. I almost want to fork over the money for VIP again but I don't want it to consume my life again.

It is slow that's why I created these Island and creation tournament fighters to have some fights but now I regret it.

• 8 years later...

My opinion on this situation..... No guarantees! Just from my experience so far.

-If you are more aggressive, you are making the first move(s).

*Strength: You are making the first move(s), with your striking advantage you could KO/TKO your opponent quick!

*Weakness: You may be more vulnerable to counter takedowns, especially if you are overly aggressive and don't land effective shots.

-If you are more of a counter fighter, you are allowing your opponent to make the first move(s).

*Strength: You are more focused on defending the takedown, with your striking advantage you can KO/TKO your opponent quick as long as you can keep defending/counter this takedowns.

*Weakness: You are allowing your opponent to make the first move(s), if you fail to defend and counter those takedowns, then your at a disadvantage.

Do you want to try and finish your opponent quick {maybe on the first move(s)} but the risk is you might be allowing more counter takedowns? 

Or

Do you want to try and focus on being more defensive on those takedowns, but the risk is you might be allowing your opponent to make the first move(s)? Which may allow them to score on the very first takedown!

I would like to note, it all depends on your fighter's skills and how you properly set your fight tactics. 

For example:

-Fighting against a very aggressive wrestler, you'll either want to be more aggressive or counter big!

-Fighting against a counter wrestler, you shouldn't be overly aggressive or overly countering. Instead, balance it so that you are being aggressive and countering. (Doesn't necessarily have to be 50/50)

• 2 weeks later...