SAFA 11 (August 14) - Largest Event in MMA Tycoon History

OrangeKing

I wanted to start a discussion thread about the event my org is running tomorrow -- SAFA 11: Insanity. The name was originally chosen for how silly it was to have a mid-sized org run an event in a 12,000 seat arena; certainly, if this was viable, someone would have done this before me, right?

Then I actually looked at the numbers, and I can't say I'm sure why nobody has tried this yet. Even with giving out a substantial number of free tickets to ensure that I come close to filling the arena (thus destroying all previous attendance records), I'm still going to make a slight profit. To be honest, though, I would have run this event happily at a slight loss, because the hype benefit should be huge.

The fighters may not be amazing, but we're certainly going to set some records tomorrow. Would anyone like to chime in on how I could possibly be the first person to attempt this? Don't get me wrong, on an individual basis, I can understand any org owner who wants to be very conservative with growth, or maximize profit on each event. What I'm really surprised by is that nobody has been just a little bit bold and taken a chance on a big event -- particularly the orgs that have over a million dollars in reserve cash to play around with. By the way, if you think this one was crazy, next week we're going for 16,000!

I wanted to start a discussion thread about the event my org is running tomorrow -- SAFA 11: Insanity. The name was originally chosen for how silly it was to have a mid-sized org run an event in a 12,000 seat arena; certainly, if this was viable, someone would have done this before me, right?

Then I actually looked at the numbers, and I can't say I'm sure why nobody has tried this yet. Even with giving out a substantial number of free tickets to ensure that I come close to filling the arena (thus destroying all previous attendance records), I'm still going to make a slight profit. To be honest, though, I would have run this event happily at a slight loss, because the hype benefit should be huge.

The fighters may not be amazing, but we're certainly going to set some records tomorrow. Would anyone like to chime in on how I could possibly be the first person to attempt this? Don't get me wrong, on an individual basis, I can understand any org owner who wants to be very conservative with growth, or maximize profit on each event. What I'm really surprised by is that nobody has been just a little bit bold and taken a chance on a big event -- particularly the orgs that have over a million dollars in reserve cash to play around with. By the way, if you think this one was crazy, next week we're going for 16,000!

How much are you papering?

I for one hope this goes well for you.

People need to be pushing the limits and testing the system instead of being so coy, its a shame the richer guys are doing it because its much less of a risk for them.

Im looking forward to seeing how it goes :)

you think youre crazy? allright, well .. if you wanna be insane - dont give out free-tickets :D.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/Holy.jpg

Date: 16 Aug 2009

Arena: Wandalay Bay (12,000)

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/Sarcasm.jpg

date: 08 June 2009

City: Las Vegas

Arena: Wandalay Bay (12,000)

Attendance: 5228

you'll better paper 9000 seats if you want to make sure it sells out.

spice it up - go for it .. you got my vote :).

Go for it Frank! Mendez vs Sol (if Syncity gets the rights to that also), simply has to be on those virtual spectators TV screens! :smile_anim: :smile_anim: :smile_anim: :smile_anim: :smile_anim:

CFC get the rights if Sol beats Marak in a week or 2

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the CFC's LHW picture. As Franky said, YB Sol vs Paolo Mendez happens if Sol gets past Max Marak, who is a total beast.

I think everyone wants to see Sol vs Mendez but there's no guarantee everything will work out.

That said, Sol/Mendez is a monster fight. Paolo Mendez just refuses to lose.

I hope you plan on giving your fighters some hellacious bonuses as they only earned 9300 for that event=) Congrats on he event rating and attendance...btw how many free tickets did you hand out?

My geuss would be 7-8k free tickets as you posted 11,795 in attendance but did not even make the top 10 ticket revenue....and 4480 tickets sold at budget price would had gotten you the #10 spot...

people have tried that

Can anyone say "trainwreck"? I hope you succeed, but it's just so unlikely.

Well even tho this thread almost managed to get highjacked into some unrealted shit about the top fighters, it's nice to see these two above posters have no clue what they are talking about. I think no one has tried this as of yet probably because they didnt think outside the box or perhaps didnt ever want to risk not making money on a show? Now that the event came out a success I am sure we will be seeing some bigger shows and maybe even a PPV at some time? Congrats on the success and I hope to be in talks with you sometime soon about getting my fighters into the most hyped Org in Rio/the UNIVERSE.

Wolf

Well even tho this thread almost managed to get highjacked into some unrealted shit about the top fighters, it's nice to see these two above posters have no clue what they are talking about. I think no one has tried this as of yet probably because they didnt think outside the box or perhaps didnt ever want to risk not making money on a show? Now that the event came out a success I am sure we will be seeing some bigger shows and maybe even a PPV at some time? Congrats on the success and I hope to be in talks with you sometime soon about getting my fighters into the most hyped Org in Rio/the UNIVERSE.

Wolf

well in fairness to the bigger orgs they could easily do this when you take in how many free tickets were probably given, but no matter what it did get a very nice event rating and put him up there in the top rankings. I think his fighters deserve a payraise though.....

also besides how many free tickets, how much money did you make(especially off the concessions)?

well in fairness to the bigger orgs they could easily do this when you take in how many free tickets were probably given, but no matter what it did get a very nice event rating and put him up there in the top rankings. I think his fighters deserve a payraise though.....

also besides how many free tickets, how much money did you make(especially off the concessions)?

Its not an overnight thing.

You build yourself up with free tickets and slowly switch them over to paying tickets.

Then you can yo-yo yourself into a PPV land once you get the momentum.

We've got it all worked out already :)

Wolf

Well, you were wrong, because it had been tried. Synchronicity tried two 12000 seat shows. Another thing: If you'll read what the MMA Tycoon Wiki has to say about PPV, you'll see why that's still unlikely to happen anytime soon.