FORTITUDE FC (200k)

It is indeed on! World class groundwork of Villa Lobos or the pure power of Grey Wolf? Don't forget to set your sliders this time though Lobos :D

SMACK TALKER OF THE MONTH

July's smack talker of the Month bonus of $10,000 is heading over to Choose Life and his fighter Magnus Barfot. Mr Life worked very closely with our writer at the beginning of the month to come up with a great interview with Magnus which also featured in the Tycoon Times. Congratulations Magnus!

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC., and 10 Percent Laundry (formerly known as ORIGO Fight Wear), is proud to present, for your entertainment: FFC 13: Narushima v Bishop. This mixed martial arts event will take place on August 2, 2014 at the Flamengo Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Light-heavyweight Division) Ryo Narushima (16-9) versus Damien Bishop (7-4)

(Preview) Distinguished REVO light-heavyweight contender Ryo Narushima has maintained a perfect record since signing to fight for Fortitude FC. He has smashed three consecutive opponents including a knockout over Chance Silver and a submission over RV Malapitan. He has displayed time and again that his head kick could decapitate a wildebeest. Damien Bishop is the former Adrenaline MMA light-heavyweight champion of the world. He successfully defended his title two times before losing his title in a company merger. His boxing is among the best in the division; point-for-point he absolutely out strikes Ryo Narushima. Both men have been hit with damaging shots and put away in the past and although Narushima's weakness seems to be strong clinch fighters, either man could win this one with one shot.

(Prediction) Ryu Narushima via TKO.

[A closer look]

(Ryo Narushima)

Record: 16-9

Knockouts: 12

Submissions: 0

Style: Muay Thai

Accomplishments: Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, Knockout of the Night

In this fight: Ryo Narushima needs to put on a kicking clinic in this fight and not just hunt for that one big head kick knockout... Bishop is a serious challenge but I think that if Narushima targets the legs and the body of Bishop, he can gas him out quick and score a TKO finish.

(Damien Bishop)

Record: 7-4

Knockouts: 6

Style: Boxing

Accomplishments: Adrenaline MMA Light-Heavyweight Champion, Knockout of the Night (x2)

In this fight: Ryo Narushima has been knocked out by power punchers before. I would be throwing straight punches and combinations with body shots mixed in. Make this a boxing match and go for broke, in my opinion.

(Bantamweight Division, Championship bout) Benny Caine© (13-4) versus John Bzdunek (13-7)

(Preview) Undisputed bantamweight champion Benny Caine is a veteran Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu submission ace that has won twelve of his thirteen victorious battles via quick submission. With his power wrestling in excess to support his offensive talents, it's easy to see why some think Benny Caine will be the champion for quite a while. He will be facing the boxer, John Bzdunek. John is fighting under a new camp that has seen him break his losing streak and win two consecutive matches, albeit against a single opponent, putting him back in his winning ways. John has heavy hands and decent Jiu-Jitsu of his own. On the ground, he has scored a few submissions against less wily opponents than he will face here.

(Prediction) Benny Caine via submission.

[A closer look]

(Benny Caine)

Record: 13-4

Knockouts: 0

Submissions: 12

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Accomplishments: Reigning Fortitude FC Bantamweight Champion, Submission of the Night (x2)

In this fight: He needs to keep this fight on the ground at all times. With his wrestling skills, that shouldn't be a problem.

(John Bzdunek)

Record: 13-7

Knockouts: 6

Submissions: 6

Style: Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Accomplishments: KOMMA Bantamweight Champion, HERITAGE Bantamweight Champion, Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night (x2), Knockout of the Night

In this fight: John needs to STALL on the ground when he gets taken down. He needs to stall and force a standup, hit Benny to the body to take away his gas tank, and try to score a knockout here. Benny has wilted under the force of heavy handed strikers in the past so it could happen again here.

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Carlos Villa Lobos© (4-2) versus Grey Wolf (13-5)

(Preview) Carlos Villa Lobos is one of the youngest active Fortitude FC champions. He is the same age now that his opponent, Grey Wolf, was when Wolf started fighting professionally. CVL is a relentless Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt with extremely high level wrestling to compliment it. In addition, he has a high level of boxing that he mostly uses to AVOID striking exchanges rather than instigate them. CVL has never been knocked out in his professional career. Grey Wolf is going to do what he always does: bite down on his mouth piece and charge forward throwing haymakers. I don't know if that's particularly the best style against a grappler like Villa Lobos but that's what it's most likely that Wolf is going to do. He earned his title of KOMMA middleweight champion with this aggressive style and likely believes that his power is enough to dethrone the young champion.

(Prediction) Carlos Villa Lobos via submission.

[A closer look]

(Carlos Villa Lobos)

Record: 4-2

Submissions: 3

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling

Accomplishments: Reigning Fortitude FC Middleweight Champion, Submission of the Night (x2)

In this fight: Grey Wolf is going to rush forward throwing strikes and make it easy for CVL to score a takedown, I believe. CVL is going to take him down and dominate him on the ground for a submission. Really, no advice is needed here.

(Grey Wolf)

Record: 13-5

Knockouts: 12

Accomplishments: KOMMA Middleweight Champion, Fight of the Night (x2)

In this fight: Grey Wolf needs to play it a bit safer in this fight than we've seen him do in recent outings. He needs to NOT rush in all crazy looking to score that big one punch knockout; CVL has never been finished before. He needs to go to the body heavily to try to take away the gas tank of the younger fighter. A TKO could happen if the champion is too tired to continue and gets overwhelmed as a result. On the ground, Grey Wolf needs to stall and force a standup.

(Light-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) George Pierre Hennard© (7-3) versus Lukas Ioannou (5-5)

(Preview) Both of these guys are exceptionally well rounded in that they will try to throw everything. However, they both share a very common goal for how they want to win the fight: they're both Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belts that stay true to the game. The champion, GPH, holds a very distinctive advantage on the ground in this fight but has only ever lost via submission to black belts.

(Prediction) It's interesting to note that they met in their Fortitude FC debut where we saw GPH submit Lukas Ioannou, becoming the first man to do so. I believe it will happen again here.

[A closer look]

(George Pierre Hennard)

Record: 7-3

Submissions: 7

Style: Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jisu

Accomplishments: Reigning Fortitude FC Light-Heavyweight Champion

In this fight: He needs to do what he did in the first fight: score a power takedown and catch Lukas Ioannou submission spamming.

(Lukas Ioannou)

Record: 5-5

Knockouts: 1

Submissions: 2

Style: Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Accomplishments: Fight of the Night (x2)

In this fight: Lukas needs to STOP submission spamming and become a bit more conservative. Look for the position before the submission.

(Middleweight Division) Randall Flagg (6-4) versus Etienne Evans (4-2)

(Preview) Randall Flagg, The Dark Man, is the former Fortitude FC Middleweight Champion. He won and lost his title in a brief flash of glory that I think he will see again one day. He is a very high level striker that prefers to throw punches to the head of opponents above all else. He has been very aggressive on the ground once taken down. He was holding his own on the ground against the man to dethrone him before falling into a triangle choke submission. Etienne Evans is a frequent visitor to the QFC Arena where he has found mixed results. He has a little power in his hands but he loves to mix in takedowns against formidable strikers.

(Prediction) I think Etienne Evans is going to keep taking Randall Flagg to the ground but I don't think he will successfully submit him. I believe this one goes the distance and I've got Etienne Evans winning a narrow decision.

(Middleweight Division) Alak Aksornpan (9-6) versus Alex Doumbos (5-3)

(Preview) Alak Aksornpan is a freestyle fighter that utilizes boxing and catch wrestling in all of his fights. In his Fortitude FC debut, Aksornpan stopped power wrestler Biggie Shackleton with power punches after stalling him out on the ground. Alex Doumbos is new to the division as he is making his own professional debut. Alex has dangerous wrestling and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt.

(Prediction) I've got Alex Doumbos outclassing Aksornpan on the ground despite something telling me that I'm horribly, horribly wrong here.

(Heavyweight Division) Matt Barnett (8-8) versus Brian Schroeder (3-0)

(Preview) Matt Barnett is a power grappler that will be making his promotional debut against undefeated boxing sensation Brian Schroeder. Barnett mixes in strikes on the feet but his goal is perfectly clear: he wants to take you down, pound on you, and score a submission.

(Prediction) Matt Barnet via TKO on the ground.

(Welterweight Division) Rafael Misiek (11-8-1) versus Rusty Nales (4-3)

(Preview) Rafael Misiek is a veteran Muay Thai kickboxer, a former openweight contender in the Galaxy promotion which eventually became the Feral Combat promotion. In his promotional debut he challenged Grant Benton for the inaugural welterweight championship based on resume alone. Rusty Nales is two fights deep into his Fortitude FC career and although he hasn't found much success in is new division, he persists due to his excellent combination of power boxing and tenacious grappling.

(Prediction) I've got Rusty Nales grinding out an ugly decision if he puts his wrestling to work. Keep this fight on the ground, make Misiek uncomfortable. Rusty Nales has ground and pound; he needs to use it.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Bernardo Marcias (1-2) versus RV Malapitan (9-5)

(Preview) Bernardo Marcias is a straight-forward young boxer that loves to grind opponents the cage and score points with dirty boxing and knees. RV Malapitan is a volume puncher that loves straight punches to the head and to the body.

(Prediction) If Bernardo Marcias can keep RV Malapitan against the cage, he can grind out a decision victory here, which would put his name in the mix with guys such as Chance Silver, Ryo Narushima, and Ryoto Machida, all of whom have a victory over Malapitan in the past.

(Welterweight Division) Egidiusz Nowakowski (6-1) versus Michael Jordan (0-2)

(Preview) Egidiusz Nowakowski just has one of those names that you don't want to type more than once per preview. “Eddie Nova”, as I have now nicknamed him, is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt with a hard head and big dreams. He had those dreams stalled, but not squashed, when he stumbled in his climb against Danny Glover. Eddie needs this win to redeem himself and I think he's gonna get it. Michael Jordan is to mixed martial arts... as Michael Jordan is to mixed martial arts. And baseball. MJ has decent boxing and decent wrestling but has failed to put it together in any efficient way.

(Prediction) Eddie Nova via submission.

Villa Lobos: "Once again I got the job done. I'm getting better each day and how might think my boxing is used to avoid strikes... Well, you're partially right but if you notice, I hit my opponents more than they hit me and my accuracy was noticeable. It's just a glimpse of what I can become as time goes by. And still champion."

*With Magnus Barfot's first title defense against dangerous wrestleboxer Evan Horizon coming up, we caught up with him for a quick interview*

Barfot: "Uuh, I'm not entirely sure about Evan Horizon to be fair. I'll beat him until he collapses on himself I guess. He's not the one I'd like to talk about, though."

Reporter: "Who would you like to talk about?"

Barfot: "Not Santa Claus, that's for fucking sure. I wanna talk about Watson. Sean fuckin' Watson."

Reporter: "What about him?"

Barfot:
"Well, that pussy jaws on about fighting me with a couple of months of prep time and how he's a dangerous puncher now, and then runs to hide behind his whore mother's skirts as soon as he beats up some guy to go beat up people with the punching power of newborn kittens."

Reporter: "To be fair to Watson, he's still incredibly raw and needs to refine his undeniable talent."

Barfot:
"Undeniable talent? Poppycock. It's easy to look like a force of nature when you're fighting scrubs with more holes to fill than Anna Nicole Smith's rotting corpse."

Reporter: "That... that's not cool man."

Barfot:
"Are you some kind of pussy?"

Reporter: "No but I---"

Barfot:
"Then stop fuckin' bleating and get me my beer skull."

Reporter: *sigh*

• Upvote 2

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC. and 10 Percent Laundry, formerly known as ORIGO Fight Wear, were proud to bring you: FFC 13: Narushima versus Bishop. This mixed martial arts event took place on August 2, 2014 at the Flamengo Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Welterweight Division) Egidiusz Nowakowski versus Michael Jordan

(Outcome) Eddie Nova attempted a takedown but was thwarted by Michael Jordan. This resulted in a little clinch action. Jordan broke free only to get taken down, on the fourth attempt, by Eddie Nova. Nova immediately pressed Jordan against the cage and began to hunt for a submission; an armbar, a kimura, and finally an arm triangle which ended the fight. Slam dunk! Eddie Nova def. Michael Jordan via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 1:55 of round 1.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Bernardo Marcias versus RV Malapitan

(Outcome) Bernardo Marcias came out VERY aggressive in this fight, eager to score a finish. He rocked Malapitan early and felt him break under his thunderous hands. By knocking out Malapitan, Bernardo Marcias enters the upper echelon of of elite strikers in the light-heavyweight division. Bernardo Marcias def. RV Malapitan via TKO (Punches) at 2:56 of round 1.

(Welterweight Division) Rafael Misiek versus Rusty Nales

(Outcome) Rusty Nales dominated Rafael Misiek en route to his first round finish of the man. Nales, who had found defeat on two consecutive outings in Fortitude FC, took Rafael Misiek to the ground and pounded on him like Misiek owed him money. When Misiek gave up his back, Rusty Nales was more than happy to lock in his hooks and choke the man out. Rusty Nales def. Rafael Misiek via Submission (RNC) at 2:20 of round 1.

(Heavyweight Division) Matt Barnett versus Brian Schroeder

(Outcome) Matt Barnett put on a wrestling clinic; he scored multiple takedowns, although several were stuffed, and he worked ground and pound while staying one step ahead of Schroeder on the ground. Matt Barnett def. Brian Schroeder via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Middleweight Division) Alak Aksornpan versus Alex Doumbos

(Outcome) Alex Doumbos came out very aggressive early on but it was Alak Aksornpan landing shots and dropping his opponent. Alak Aksornpan looked fantastic as he landed several punches, combinations, a leg kick or two as well; he put Alex Doumbos away like leftovers. Alak Aksornpan def. Alex Doumbos via KO (Punches) at 2:10 of round 1.

(Middleweight Division) Randall Flagg versus Etienne Evans

(Outcome) The clinch game of Randall Flagg was on full display as he worked Etienne Evans over with shots against the cage and at a distance. Absolute domination from the former middleweight champion. Randall Flagg def. Etienne Evans via TKO (Strikes) at 1:31 of round 3.

(Interview)
(Question for Randall Flagg): First of all congratulations on a dominant performance; how good does it feel to get back in the win column, for you?

Randall Flagg: It feels great, man.

(Question for Randall Flagg): Where do you go from here; do you keep picking off contenders or do you try to challenge for your old title so soon?

Randall Flagg: Aksornpan has a nice win streak that I wouldn't mind breaking. I'm ready to get that title shot now, but I'm willing to beat down anyone standing in my way.

(Light-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) George Pierre Hennard© versus Lukas Ioannou

(Outcome)

Round 1 – Ioannou clinched, broke the clinch, and dragged the reigning champion to the canvas. Ioannou scored with some ground and pound and maintained a dominant position while the champion resorted to a little desperation submission spamming. 10:9 for the challenger.

Round 2 – Not one to be out done, it was the champion that scored the early takedown this time around. However, the challenger managed to stall long enough to force a referee standup. Ioannou pulled guardand the two fighters swapped submission attempts for the remainder of the round. 10:9 for the champion.

Round 3 – Unable to score a takedown, the champion shoved Ioannou against the cage. The two fighters traded failed takedown attempts until Hennard caught Ioannou and got him to the ground. After two failed submission attempts, the challenger raised up to land more ground and pound on the champion and fell face first into an armbar! Excellent finish from the champion. George Pierre Hennard def. Lukas Ioannou via Submission (Armbar) at 3:20 of round 3 to retain the undisputed Light-heavyweight Championship of the world!

(Question for GPH): First of all congratulations on a huge victory over Lukas Ioannou. You may have lost in the first round but you rebounded in dramatic fashion to put the challenger away; what's next? Is there any particular challenger that you have your eye on next?

George Pierre Hennard: There are three fighters with long winning streaks right now. Any one of them deserves a shot at the title.

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Carlos Villa Lobos© versus Grey Wolf

(Outcome)

Round 1 - As advertised, Grey Wolf came out as his usual highly aggressive self, landing punches and opening an early cut on the champion. Grey Wolf missed with a big uppercut and CVL took the opportunity to take the challenger to the ground. After attempting several submission attempts, CVL found himself stood up by the referee. Undeterred, Villa Lobos brought the fight back to the ground and resumed trying to submit the challenger. With only three seconds left in the first round, CVL grabbed a hold of Wolf's arm and cranked on it until the challenger tapped out. Carlos Villa Lobos def. Grey Wolf via Submission (Kimura) at 4:57 of round 1.

(Interview)

(Question for Villa Lobos): Congratulations on defending your title for the first time. Your career is young yet you've defeated two world champions in two appearances here at Fortitude FC. You're already a world champion yourself; where do you go from here?

Carlos Villa Lobos: I hope that the stars are the limit. Since you can't really reach them, I expect the limit to be unlimited. I'm developing each day and it's just a process that I believe will keep happening, keep improving. My two losses were part of that learning process; the Sobral fight was definitely a mistake that I gave him and he capitalized on it. In my tournament fight at MFN, I lost because he was able to transition better and the judges awarded him the decision. However, I knew that FFC would be the breaking point and I was right about it; I hope to capture the whole world in the future.

(Question for Grey Wolf): Grey, I know that it's tough losing such a high profile fight, believe me, but what are your thoughts on the way the fight went down?

Grey Wolf: It was tough to lose that way, I did my best to get off the ground, but he managed to secure the limits at the end of the round. I'm not a weak fighter on the ground, but I did give him far too many opportunities, and it won't happen again.

(Question for Grey Wolf): Where do you go from here?

Grey Wolf: Back to the title picture. Remember, I last fought only a week ago, and stepped up to fill in on the card. This isn't a permanent setback, this is just another step on my journey to the belt.

(Bantamweight Division, Championship bout) Benny Caine© versus John Bzdunek

(Outcome)

Round 1 – The Challenger came out aggressively swinging with wild strikes in an obvious bid to stop the champion early. Benny Caine attempted several takedowns before successfully nailing one and putting The Challenger on his back. John Bzdunek was in all kinds of trouble for the remainder of the round as The Champ worked aggressively to submit him. Easy 10-9 for The Champion, in my opinion.

Round 2 – Benny Caine was once again struggling to get The Challenger to the ground and ate shots for his trouble. After a small cut opened over The Champion's eye, he scored a takedown and once again began working for a submission. Bzdunek managed to escape to his feet and kept the fight there, landing shots. He sensed that Caine was slowing down and so he picked up the tempo, rocking Caine with heavy punching combinations before knocking him out cold late in the second round. John Bzdunek def. Benny Caine via KO (Punch) at 4:33 of round 2 to become the NEW undisputed Fortitude FC Bantamweight Champion of the world!

(Interview)

Neither the Former Champion nor the New Champion could be reached for comment.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Ryo Narushima versus Damien Bishop

(Outcome)

Round 1 – Ryo Narushima was all kinds of aggressive in this fight; he pushed forawrd with power head kicks, clinched and kneed his opponent. He battered him with head kicks and body kicks. With his gas tank depleted, Bishop was a sitting duck for the power strikes of Narushima. Ryo Narushima cracked Damien Bishop with a big head kick that dropped him and then finished him with a followup when he got back to his feet. Ryo Narushima def. Damien Bishop via KO (Head Kick) at 1:58 of round 1.

Fortitude FC Records (As of 8/2/14)

Most Victories in Org: Tadeusz Ostrowski (5)

Most (T)KO victories: Valek Ralen (4)

Most SUB victories: Tadeusz Ostrowski (4)

Active Winning Streaks (3 or more)

Tadeusz Ostrowski (5) (135 lbs)

John Bzdunek© (4) (135 lbs)

Ryo Narushima (4) (205 lbs)

Valentin Ralek (4) (265 lbs)

Steve Orvel (4) (205 lbs)

George Pierre Hennard© (3 (205 lbs)

Nicklas Porsin (3) (185 lbs)

Monkey Business (3) (265+ lbs)

Kaz Yago (3) (170 lbs)

*I can't straighten the stupid weight column out. Please don't comment on this as it will drive me back into an OCD-ic rage haha.

Reigning Champions

Bantamweight (135 lbs)

John Bzdunek – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Benny Caine – Former Champion, No Defenses

Welterweight (170 lbs)

Grant Benton – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Middleweight (185 lbs)

Carlos Villa Lobos (4-2) – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Randall Flag (6-4) – Former Champion, No Defenses

Light-heavyweight (205 lbs)

George Pierre Hennard – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Juan Mott – Former Champion, No Defenses

Heavyweight (265 lbs)

Magnus Barfot – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Ben & Jerry's Weight – 265+ lbs

TBA

• Upvote 1

We here at Mixed Martial Farce Magazine regret to inform you that we're doing ANOTHER interview with Fortitude FC fighter Brody Macbeth.

I started off the interview by being blunt:Why do you deserve to step up and fight somebody like Xavier Barbossa?

Deserve is kind of a strong word. Why does Xavier deserve to fight the myth, the man, the legend that is Brody,” he responded, “look, I got wind that an event needed saving and I decided to go for an easy pay day. I can't always be fighting guys who is strongest where I am weakest; sometimes I need to take an easily winnable fight.

Xavier Barbossa is-”

A bum,” he interjected unecessarily.

I was GOING to say that Barbossa is the top knockout artist of his division,” I explained while Brody nodded his head in a mockery of actually listening to what I was saying, “he has the best pure boxing, the most clean knockouts, and the best chin in his division.

Are you finished?he said the second that I finished talking. I nodded so he said, “Okay, first of all, it's interesting to me that you put a qualifier on his skill by saying that only his boxing is the best in the division. He's not the best striker in his divison, though, is he? Valentin Ralek destroyed him in a Muay Thai battle. Plus we both know what would happen if he fought Magnus Barfot.

Second of all, I want to address your claim that he has the best chin in the division; he doesn't. He may have the SECOND best chin, or the THIRD best chin, but he doesn't have the best chin. I have that distinct honor.

So, I just want to clarify: why did you specifically pick Xavier Barbossa, a heavyweight, when you could have called out, say, Ville Paakkari at welterweight, or Grey Wolf at middleweight?

I already answered this question: I called out an opponent because the company needed a fight, and I'm fucking awesome. But if you want to know why I called his name specifically, well, it's because he's a big, slow, lumbering oaf. However, the fans put their asses in seats and their eyes on the cage when he fights. I'm going to give them something incredible and they're going to throw him away like a used condom and put on some Brody. I'll call him my opponent today and yesterday's news tomorrow.

Rumor has it that you would have been fighting injured, had the fight happened last weekend. Do you care to address these rumors,” I asked.

Sure. It's true. I would have been fighting injured and Xavier would have been fighting exhausted. We would be two guys that really didn't want to be there, fighting to help the company. Look, say what you will about Xavier Barbossa: he's big, he's dumb, he's slow, he's overrated, whatever words come to mind; but don't say that he's a coward. He agreed to fight me on short notice knowing that I would crush him. That takes some stones, man.

What do you think of Barbossa as a fighter?

Honestly I don't think of him as a fighter. I think of him as a walking pay check; I'm going to beat that fool like he owes me money and then Danny is going to write me a check. Look, you saw his last fight, right? He crushes guys that play into his strengths by rushing forward. Anybody dumb enough to go running at a puncher with their arms flailing, no technique, no counter punching... they deserve to get knocked out in the first round."

If you win this fight, do you plan to remain at heavyweight?

I'd love to fight at heavyweight if that's what Danny L wanted me to do. I'd also like to fight at welterweight, middleweight, super-heavyweight, whatever. Maybe I'll make a stop at the ice cream parlor known as super-heayweight and line Peter James up right next to Barbossa. They can do a chalk outline of both of these guys after I murder the bums.

If you remained at heavyweight, would you try to challenge Magnus Barfot for the title?

Look, I've got nothing but respect for Barfot. He is a big, talented, legit fighter and he's the champion. He's going to crush Evan Verizon or whatever that gimme's name is but Barfot is a legit talent. I would be willing to wager that you never see Ralek, Barbossa, or Targaryen in the same ring with Barfot.

And why is that?

Because they're afraid of him.

And you: are you afraid of him,” I asked.

Absolutely not. If we fought, it would hardly be competitive, but after I clear up some of the chumps floating around soaking up hype and refusing to give it back by competing, I'd love to challenge Barfot for the title. Hype should always go up; if you're winning fights and collecting some reputation, you owe it to the company and to the better fighters to lose if that's what is in your stars.

What I can't stand is when a guy wins some fights and then leaves the division to duck a fight where he may not be the clear cut winner. If you're man enough to fight guys inferior to you, be man enough to fight somebody superior. Accept that losses are going to happen in this fight game.

One thing about me is: I'll fight whoever. Whoever, whatever, whenever, wherever. If Danny came to me right now and said “Brodes, I'm hosting an event in Los Angeles in two days, can you go fight Magnus Barfot on short notice for me?” I'd thank him for the opportunity and get on the first plane outta dodge until I got my happy ass to L.A and fought. I'll fight anybody that I know I will beat, if they're willing to fight me... and I'll fight the best if they get in my way; Magnus Barfot, Jigoro Kane, bring that irrelevant Afro Samurai out of retirement, I'll put him back in the Bahamas. Whoever.

Remember, kids: friends dont let friends fight Brody. This interview's done. Where you at, Barbossa? Scared?

• Upvote 1

Fortitude FC , in conju nction with RISSA LLC and 10 Perc ent Laundry, is proud to present FFC 14: Barfot v Horizon. This mi xed martial arts event is set to take place on August 9, 2014 at the Flamengo Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Magnus Barfot© (10-0) versus Evan Horizon (6-3)

(Preview) Magnus Barfot, the “Savage”, the “Viking”, and the undisputed, undefeated, seemingly unstoppable heavyweight champion will attempt to defend his title for the first time against the Muay Thai phenom Evan Horizon.

Magnus Barfot is a two-time world champion; he first earned gold when he claimed the Shogun MMA super-heavyweight championship in a blitzkreig of brutal punches. The self-proclaimed and, due to the fear of a pummeling, unquestioned viking is a devastating Muay Thai striker with a nasty head kick, technical clinch game, and uncrackable chin. He claimed the Fortitude FC crown when he knocked out Sagan Tyson in the second round. Every single fight that Barfot has been involved in, inside the cage and out, has led to a third party pulling Barfot off of his unconscious and soon to be hospitalized foe.

Evan Horizon is a Muay Thai kickboxer that earned his chops fighting in Las Vegas and Montreal. This world traveling striker is a bit of a glass cannon; he knocks you out or he gets knocked out. That may not be the best style in the world for facing the world heavyweight champion but one thing is for sure: this fight ain't goin' the distance.

(Prediction) First of all this one ends in the first two rounds. Magnus Barfot is going to knock Evan Horizon out cold. There is no alternate possibility in this fight.

(Welterweight Division) Kaz Yago (12-9) versus Vrando Vraganza (12-6)

(Preview) Kaz Yago is a well rounded mixed martial arts fighter that has some seriously heavy hands and devastating submissions to boot. His only weakness is that he has virtually no wrestling ability so his submissions only come when he is taken down by an opponent; superior strikers that keep the fight standing have historically had an edge over Yago. Vrando Vraganza is the former BFC lightweight champion, has excellent Muay Thai, and has a high level of submission wrestling as well.

(Prediction) Although I'd like to see Vraganza clinch with Yago and see what he has there, I see this one ending via early KO for Yago.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Kristan Maruyama (11-9) versus Juan Mott (7-2)

(Preview) Kristan Maruyama is a veteran fighter that is frequently the top contender in whatever organization he is competing in; he has won six performance bonuses for his excellent fighting ability. He holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and a decent level of wrestling. Juan Mott is the last standing Rio Grand Champion, a HERITAGE title challenger, and the former Fortitude FC light-heavyweight champion of the world. He has five performance bonuses of his own and has excellent Muay Thai skill. His clinch game is one of the best in the business but he is very confident on the ground if he gets taken down as well.

(Prediction) Juan Mott via (T)KO.

(Super-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Peter James (7-5) versus Cc Cc (6-2)

(Preview) Peter James began his fighting career on The Island, competing as a kickboxer before moving to the GFC company. Despite his limited success on The Island, he made a shocking debut when he knocked out Royler Gracie in just thirty-three seconds. Cc is a Muay Thai fighter that began his career in a QFC Tournament, losing in the fourth round to a powerful submission fighter- THAT HIS MANAGER OWNED. Cc has never been knocked out in his professional career.

(Prediction) Cc Cc – all those Cs stand for champion, evidently.

(Welterweight Division, Championship bout) Grant Benton© (11-7) versus Ville Paakkari (8-7)

(Preview) Grant Benton has been a top contender in every organization that he has competed in. He has heavy hands, excellent defensive wrestling, and a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu that he has used to submit opponents. He became the undisputed Fortitude FC champion when he was taken down by Rafael Misiek and caught him in a submission in the first round. Ville Paakkari is a Muay Thai kickboxer with a devastating clinch game, excellent kicks, and an active ground game for defenses.

(Prediction) I see Ville Paakkari being too much for Grant Benton in the clinch.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Gustavo Miranda (4-1) versus George Patton (0-1)

(Preview) Gustavo Miranda is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that focuses entirely on securing a submission on you. We haven't seen much of George Patton as his professional career is only twenty seconds long. However, in those :20, we saw Patton attempt a wild series of flailing strikes that led him to being knocked out. If he tries that strategy against Miranda, he's getting submitted.

(Prediction) Gustavo Miranda via submission.

(Heavyweight Division) Taco Bell (3-1) versus Jonas Carvalho (1-3)

(Preview) Taco Bell, the double decker as they call him on the street, is a wrestler that uses ground and pound to take a bite out of opponents. After struggling against Jojiro Yamanaka, Taco Bell rebounded against George Waterson. Jonas Carvalho is a freestyle fighter that prefers to go for submissions despite having a white belt in Jiu-Jitsu. He has the wrestling to potentially stuff Bell's takedowns but somehow I don't see it happening.

(Prediction) Taco Bell via Fire Sauce Submission.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Banjo Sanjo (3-2) versus Henrique Tavares (1-2)

(Preview) Banjo Sanjo is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that has already gone 2-2 in Fortitude FC. Henrique Tavares is a boxer that has decent defensive grappling to keep him out of trouble on the ground.

(Prediction) Banjo Sanjo via submission.

(Heavyweight Division) Glenn Danzig (4-3) versus Peter Campbell (4-2)

(Preview) Glenn Danzig is a boxer/wrestler hybrid that has found some success with using ground and pound after pinning an opponent on the ground. In his past, he competed for the MadDogs MMA Heavyweight championship. Peter Campbell is a man that has had his name changed THREE times which has to be some kind of record I'd think. He is a Muay Thai fighter but is capable of defending himself on the ground as well. His mainstay is his clinch game, however, where he throws punches, elbows, knees, kitchen sinks.

(Prediction) I see this one taking place on the feet and in the clinch with Campbell winning an ugly decision.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Babi Ala (1-1) versus Gustavo Oliveira (1-2)

(Preview) Babi Ala is a wrestler that loves ground and pound. Gustavo Oliveira is a Brazilian Jiu-Jistu blue belt that has ZERO energy in his gas tank, seriously. I don't see how he wins this fight due to that fact.

(Prediction) Babi Ala wins.

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC and 10 Percent Laundry, was proud to bring you FFC 14: Barfot v Horizon. This mixed martial arts event took place on August 9, 2014 at the Flamengo Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

[The Fights]

(Super-heavyweight Division) Babi Ala vs Gustavo Oliveira

(Outcome) Babi Ala controlled the tempo of this fight with his wrestling- he scored twelve takedowns and landed some decent strikes as well. Gustavo Oliveira really had no answer for the wrestling despite his submission victory prior. Babi Ala def. Gustavo Oliveira via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Heavyweight Division) Glenn Danzig vs Peter Campbell

(Outcome) After a long and grueling fight that took place in and out of the clinch, this fight was ruled a draw. Both fighters landed ample shots on each other but neither man would budge. After three rounds of action, this fight was ruled a draw. (29-28, 29-29, 28-29).

(Light-heavyweight Division) Banjo Sanjo vs Henrique Tavares

(Outcome) Henrique Tavares wasted no time in rushing across the cage and tagging Banjo Sanjo with punch after punch, cutting the submission fighter and finally dropping him to the canvas; Tavares dove in on him and finished him with a flurry of strikes while the referee stopped the action. Henrique Tavares def. Banjo Sanjo via TKO (Punches) at 0:05 of round 1.

(Heavyweight Division) Taco Bell vs Jonas Carvalho

(Outcome) Taco Bell clinched with Carvalho using his special Baja Beef strength. Carvalho, an avid vegetarian, immediately took Taco Bell to the ground with a power slam. Taco Bell managed to control the posture of his opponent using a combination of Jiu-Jitsu technique and cheesy goodness. After a brief referee standup, Carvalho took Bell to the ground again and once again absolutely nothing happened as Bell's defense was too good, Carvalho's top control was too good, and the referee got bored. Taco Bell brought on the Habanero seasoning when he clinched with Carvalho, ringing his bell with mild packets along the cage. After dominating in this position, Taco Bell noped into a couple of takedowns that led to glorified snuggling on the ground. In the final round, the two fighters took turns doing nothing in the top position on the ground. The judges, who were busy flirting with the ring girls, shrugged and said “fuck it, it's a fuckin' draw” and there we have it. After three rounds of action, this fight was ruled a draw (29-28, 28-29, 28-28).

(Super-heavyweight Division) Gustavo Miranda vs George Patton

(Outcome) George Patton was lighting Gustavo Miranda up with straight punches, cutting him early, so Miranda brought the fight into the clinch. In that position, Patton battered Miranda even worse, rocking him and finishing him with a power punch on the button. George Patton def. Gustavo Miranda via KO (Punch) at 3:49 of round 1.

(Welterweight Division, Championship bout) Grant Benton© vs Ville Paakkari

(Outcome)

Round 1 – The two fighters traded blows early and often but it was the champion that bled first. The Challenger brought the fight into the clinch and aggressively threw knee after knee. The champion brought the fight to the ground and was attempting submissions but Paakkari managed to get full guard and hold on tight to survive the round.

Round 2 – Once again, The Challenger pushed The Champion against the cage and attempted to batter him with knees to the head and to the body. Benton scored a takedown but ended up in the closed guard of Ville Paakkari once again. The two fighters swapped fruitless submission attempts to close out the second round. So far, Paakkari is dominating this fight in the clinch.

Round 3 – Paakkari immediately clinched with The Champion once again and the two fighters nailed each other with shots along the cage. Paakkari was VERY aggressive, throwing much more than he was landing by far. The cut on The Champ was looking worse with each passing round and this round didn't do it any favors. This was, by far, the most dominant round for The Challenger.

Round 4 – More of the same: The Challenger controlling the pace of the fight in the clinch with The Champion trying to score a takedown but fading fast. It became obvious in this round that Ville Paakkari was completely outclassing his foe in the clinch.

Round 5 – Absolutely more of the same. Paakkari clinched and controlled Benton. Ville Paakkari def. Grant Benton via Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) to become the new undisputed Welterweight Champion of the world!

(Super-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Peter James vs Cc Cc

(Outcome)

Round 1 – Peter James put his knockout power on full display as he immediately lunged in with power punches that put Cc on his ass. Cc Cc tried desperately to clinch to get out of trouble but James was having none of it- Peter James tagged his opponent with more shots that put him out for the count. Peter James def. Cc Cc via KO (Punch) at 0:14 of round 1 to become the new undisputed Super-Heavyweight Champion of the world!

(Light-heavyweight Division) Kristan Maruyama vs Juan Mott

(Outcome) For some odd reason, Maruyama thought it was best to clinch with the Muay Thai specialist; the two fighters traded elbows, knees, and punches along the cage until Maruyama slammd Juan Mott to the floor in a big takedown. After a bit of submission spamming, the round ended with Maruyama likely ahead on the scorecards. Juan Mott clinched with Maruyama and the two fighters traded shots once again until Maruyama scored with another takedown. This time, his submission spamming paid off as he caught the former champion in a hold and forced him to tap. Kristan Maruyama def. Juan Mott via Submission (Armbar) at 4:31 of round 2.

(Welterweight Division) Kaz Yago vs Vrando Vraganza

(Outcome)

Round 1 – This might be the first time that I've seen Kaz Yago actually successfully take somebody down. Usually it's the opponent taking him down. In the clinch, Kaz Yago pulled guard, and began an active and aggressive guard game against Vraganza. Vrando Vraganza did very well to prevent Yago from sweeping and getting on top but it didn't matter much since Yago caught Vraganza in a submission anyways. Kaz Yago def. Vrando Vraganza via Submission (Triangle Armbar) at 1:22 of round 1.

(Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Magnus Barfot© vs Evan Horizon

(Outcome)

Round 1 – The Champion was hitting Horizon seemingly at will. The Challenger landed a couple of shots to the face of Barfot which didn't have the desired effect; Magnus Barfot came alive and started hitting Horizon harder, as if enraged that such a lesser fighter would have the audacity to hit him back. Barfot went into full Grizzly Bear wanting your lunch mode and mauled Horizon with brutal shots that knocked him out cold. Magnus Barfot def. Evan Horizon via KO (Punch) at 3:57 of round 1 to retain the undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the world!

[The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly]

1. Magnus Barfot is still the Heavyweight Champion and is still one of the scariest human beings alive. He has now joined the ranks of champions to successfully defend their title, right up there with: Carlos Villa Lobos (185 lbs) and George Pierre Hennard (205 lbs).

2. We have two new champions: Peter James who brutally knocked out Cc Cc, the man with too many consonants and too little time, and Ville Paakkari who dominated Grant Benton in a one sided affair.

3. Kaz Yago extended his winning streak to four consecutive finishes since signing with Fortitude FC when he took down and submitted Vrando Vraganza. This was the first fight in which Yago took his opponent down; usually it's the opponent takes him down or drops him and then jumps into a submission of his.

4. We saw two thoroughly exciting (heh) draws. When Danny announced that he wanted us to draw him like one of our French girls, I don't expect that this is what he meant.

Fight of the Night: Ville Paakkari vs Grant Benton

Knockout of the Night: Magnus Barfot

Submission of the Night: Kristan Maruyama

Fortitude FC Records (As of 8/9/14)

Most Victories in Org: Tadeusz Ostrowski (5)

Most SUB victories: Tadeusz Ostrowski (4)

Tadeusz Ostrowski (5) (135 lbs)

Kaz Yago (4) (170 lbs)

Valentin Ralek (4) (265 lbs)

Steve Orvel (4) (205 lbs)

George Pierre Hennard (3) (205 lbs)

John Bzdunek (3) (135 lbs)

Monkey Business (3) (265+ lbs)

Nicklas Porsin (3) (185 lbs)

Reigning Champions

Bantamweight (135 lbs)

Welterweight (170 lbs)

Ville Paakkari – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Grant Benton – Former Champion, No Defenses

Middleweight (185 lbs)

Carlos Villa Lobos – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Randall Flag – Former Champion, No Defenses

Heavyweight (265 lbs)

Magnus Barfot – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Super-heavyweight – (265+ lbs)

Peter James – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Mixed Martial Farce Magazine

with Xavier Barbossa

Upon hearing the unkind words of Brody Macbeth, Xavier Barbossa reached out to us to make a comment of his own, stating that, “(Macbeth) is a joke. He's only had two fights; he's a jobber. This isn't even a real fight, this is just a warm up to keep me active and give me another win. It's nothing more than a paycheck for me.

When asked what would happen after the fight, Barbossa responded, (Macbeth) will go back into irrelevancy after I've knocked him out cold; he has a glass jaw. He's a nobody that is only even slightly relevant because he's fighting me. This will be the first AND LAST time that he headlines an event (Ed Note: this fight has been bumped down to the co-main event in favor of Mats Soderlund vs Egidiusz Nowkowski). He is inferior to me and he has little man's syndrome.

He is just trying to be the new clown; the new Sonnen or McGregor or whatever it is this week. I've knocked out super-heavyweights so why would I have trouble manhandling a little welterweight. So where you at, motherfucker?

After taking a moment to breath, Barbossa continued his verbal tirade, “Make no mistake, people, I'm NOT taking this fight seriously at all. I'm expecting to make this chump my bitch on fight night. I haven't watched any videos of his fights and I'm not even in training. I'm expecting to just knock him the fuck out, get paid, go have some vodka, a couple of Brazilian steaks, and have his woman giving me lapdances. Macbeth doesn't have the balls to trade punches with me in the pocket, he will point fight, jab, and run. I hear that eh hasn't even fought any strikers yet, only half-assed grapplers that are cans.

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC and 10 Percent Laundry, is proud to bring you a mixed martial arts showcase. FFC 15: Soderlund vs Nowakowski is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held on August 16, 2014 at the Hard Knocks Casino & Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Welterweight Division) Mats Soderlund (14-6) vs Egidiusz Nowakowski (7-1)

(Preview) Mats Soderlund is an exciting new prospect in the Fortitude FC welterweight division. He is a knockout artist that throws power punches, damaging leg kicks, and is comfortable with dirty boxing you against the cage. His ground skill is there, as well- he is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt with an extensive wrestling background as well.

He was called out by the unassuming Eddie Nova, also known as Egidiusz Nowakowski for those willing to type his name out, who is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt. His wrestling may not be up to the level of his opponent, but his balls of steel have to count for something. Eddie Nova believes he can beat Mats Soderlund and he wants to prove it to the fans.

(Prediction) If Eddie Nova defeats Mats Soderlund, I'm going to personally transfer $20,000 to him. That being said, Mats Soderlund takes this in quick and brutal fashion.

(Heavyweight Division) Xavier Barbossa (7-2) vs Brody Macbeth (2-0)

(Preview) When Danny Laverty asked for volunteers to help fill out a fight card with only a couple of days notice, a few people stepped up to help the company out. Brody Macbeth and Xavier Barbossa immediately agreed to fight on the card despite being exhausted from a prior fight and injured, respectively. Other people were selected to save the struggling card but the two boxers agreed to meet at a later date and the grudge match was born. Barbossa contends that Macbeth is a nobody, an unskilled jobber, and a loud mouthed self-hyper. Macbeth argues that Barbossa is a coward, an unskilled seat filler, and a quick payday. One thing is known for sure: both of these guys are head hunting boxers that would love nothing more than to permanently close the mouth of the other.

(Prediction) I'm admittedly biased on this one being that Macbeth is MY fighter but the smart money is obviously on Barbossa- he is fresh off of a victory over Daemon Targaryen, another supposedly iron chinned boxer. The power of Barbossa is obviously there along with the experience.

(Bantamweight Division) Francis Underwood (3-0) vs Tadeusz Ostrowski (6-0)

(Preview) Francis Underwood is a Muay Thai stylist that loves to throw head punches and leg kicks. He does have some ground defenses to compliment his standup style. He has displayed some great knockout power in his brief career. Tadeusz Ostrowski is the Fortitude FC record holder for most victories in the organization with five, as well as the most submission victories in the organization with four submissions. Tadeusz Ostrowski is the clear cut top contender in his weight class if he wants to challenge for the belt. He is a submission fighter with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt.

(Prediction) Tadeusz Ostrowski is going to make it 7-0 with a second round submission.

(Middleweight Division) Rafael Aguete (4-1) vs Nicklas Porsin (4-0)

(Preview) Rafael Aguete is a pure boxer through-and-through; he has literally never tried anything other than throwing punches in bunches. His lone defeat comes from a power wrestler that took him down and submitted him. Nicklas Porsin is undefeated, he's well rounded, and he, too is a power wrestler that will force the takedown from a distance or against the cage, hit you with ground and pound, and try to submit you. He's just as happy wearing on you, though.

(Prediction) I'm goin to have to go with Rafael Aguete via (T)KO on this one.

(Welterweight Division) Hugo Churchill (4-1) vs Vasilko Nikolaevich (10-2)

(Preview) Hugo Churchill is a catch wrestler with a purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu and a hard head. He has never been knocked out; his sole defeat came at the hands of a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Vasilko Nikolaevich is the former BFC bantamweight champion- he never lost that title, either. The division closed and he wore his belt home from the show. He dropped his debut against prospect killer Kaz Yago and will look to rebound here.

(Prediction) I've got Vasilko Nikolaevich putting on the same old clinic that he has so many times before: he will get taken down, control Churchill from his guard, and force a standup. As the fight drags on, Churchill will find less and less success with his wrestling. Nikolaevich via decision or late TKO.

(Bantamweight Division) Pawel Nastula (4-2) vs Haha Urajoke (9-8)

(Preview) Pawel Nastula is a Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that has fought his entire career in the Fortitude FC bantamweight division. His only losses come to one man: reigning bantamweight champion John Bzdunek on the feet. On the ground, he has stopped other grapplers with ease including fellow brown belt Ray Wolfe. Haha Urajoke is the former HERITAGE bantamweight champion, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt, and the not so proud owner of a seven fight losing streak that stretches back to losing his title in December of 2013. Despite this, he was given a shot at the EER Bantmaweight Title based on accolades alone.

(Prediction) Pawel Nastula is going to find that he isn't quite the caliber of fighter that has smashed the former HERITAGE champion; Urajoke has lost to some of the very best fighters in the world along the road to this place. This should be an easy win for an aging champion.

(Middleweight Division) Jermain Leaseau (9-6) vs Luca Rinaldi (3-3)

(Preview) These gentlemen are a pair of submission grapplers that each hold a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The edge in this fight definitely has to go to Luca Rinaldi who holds a distinct advantage in the wrestling department. It would be interesting if Jermain was able to keep this fight standing and use his boxing to pull out a TKO.

(Prediction) Luca Rinaldi via decision or submission.

(Bantamweight Division) Raiymbek Batyr (2-2) vs Damian Kazimierczak (3-2)

(Preview) Raiymbek Batyr is a freestyle fighter who is capable of fighting in any aspect of the game but doesn't excel at any one style. That being said, his knees from the clinch are possibly his best tool for this fight. Damian Kazimierczak is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that has displayed some credible knockout power on the feet in addition to his submission prowess. The question is: can Raiymbek keep this fight on the feet and in the clinch?

(Prediction) Damian Kazimierczak by submission. You see a lot of these low level free style fighters scoring takedowns on vastly superior Jiu-Jitsu guys and getting caught in a choke hold.

(Heavyweight Division) Molton Hope (2-4) vs Franklin Munchack (7-6)

(Preview) Molton Hope is a Muay Thai stylist and a wrestler that has struggled to put it together in recent times. In his early days, he displayed some knockout power but since then, he has mostly seen the judge's decisions going against him. For all of his misfortunes in the cage, Hope has shown that he has the heart to survive rough times. Franklin Munchack is a veteran fighter, former RISE title contender, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt. His wrestling is extremely technical; he can take down the majority of the men he fights.

(Prediction) Franklin Munchack via submission.

(Heavyweight Division) Techo Alaga (6-6) vs George Waterson (0-3)

(Preview) Techo Alaga, who I always want to accidentally call TECHNO Alaga, is freestyle fighter that fought in various promotions including HERITAGE and Evil Empire: Rio before signing with Fortitude FC. His best feature is his boxing but he does possess the ability to submit unsuspecting foes. George Waterson is a boxer that has fought nothing but grapplers- his professional career has seen him lose to Jiu-Jitsu fighters and wrestlers. This fight is do or die for Wasterson, who has dropped all three of his professional fights against two opponents.
(Prediction) Techo Alaga via submission.

with Brody Macbeth

Recently, we did an interview with Macbeth in which he referred to Barbossa as a “big, slow, lumbering oaf “ and indicated that he would be the first to knock the heavyweight title contender out. We played the audio for Xavier Barbossa and he was less than thrilled to hear such disrespectful words come out of the smaller man's mouth. Barbossa would rant for the better part of ten minutes about the irrelevancy of Macbeth as an opponent and the ease with which he will dispatch him.

Being that we here at MMAF Magazine enjoy stirring the shit pot, we brought Macbeth in without telling him what the interview was about. Instead of letting him hear about the Barbossa interview from someone else, we surprised him by playing the audio of the interview. This is how it went down:

(Macbeth) is a joke. He's only had two fights; he's a jobber. This isn't even a real fight, this is just a warm up to keep me active and give me another win. It's nothing more than a paycheck for me.”

Macbeth sat, silent, nodding as he listened to the audio. We stopped it here and waited. He nodded once more and said, “I hope this bum really believes that. I hope he's underestimating me and training for a quick fight. I'm going to beat this guy like I just adopted him. Holy shit, Xavier, did you eat a fistful of peanutbutter before this interview, you mumbling moron? Hopefully you've improved somewhat since the Valentin Ralek fight because ho-ly shit. I thought I was watching Kimbo Slice fight with a military parachute in the middle of the ocean.

We pressed on, giving him another sample of the audio: (Macbeth) will go back into irrelevancy after I've knocked him out cold; he has a glass jaw.

Macbeth, who had been sipping his water, spit it out and laughed, What? I have a glass jaw? That's news to me. That's news to my coaches and my training partners. Sure, I'll give you that one: I have a weak chin and you have a weak heart. Sounds good to me. Let's see which one of us breaks first, motherfucker.

He is just trying to be the new clown; the new Sonnen or McGregor or whatever it is this week.

Compliment accepted. This big ugly bear thinks I'm trying to win this fight with my words; au contraire, my furry friend, I'm putting out the word and making my intentions clear. First I steal your heart, then I steal your rank.”

I'm expecting to just knock him the fuck out, get paid, go have some vodka, a couple of Brazilian steaks, and have his woman giving me lapdances. Macbeth doesn't have the balls to trade punches with me in the pocket, he will point fight, jab, and run. I hear that eh hasn't even fought any strikers yet, only half-assed grapplers that are cans.

Well, he's definitely going to be drinking vodka and holding a steak over his eye after this fight, that's for sure. I don't care if it's a Brazilian steak or just a slab of meat he found in the Safeway dumpster. I would say that after this fight, I'm going to have HIS woman on my lap but I don't think of his hand that way.”

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC and 10 Percent Laundry, is proud to have brought you another mixed martial arts event. FFC 15: Soderlund v Nowakowski took place on August 16, 2014 at the Hard Knocks Casino & Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(Heavyweight Division) Techo Alaga versus George Waterson

(Outcome) On paper, this was a very close fight between two even competitors- they both landed a seemingly similar number of strikes. But you need to realize that Alaga threw dozens of punching combinations and was very aggressive. Another thing that he did well how he mixed in wrestling with his strategy; he was always pushing forward, always attacking, and always landing things. Waterson did manage to land a couple of takedowns but they didn't go anywhere. Techo Alaga def. George Waterson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Heavyweight Division) Molton Hope versus Franklin Munchack

(Outcome) Franklin Manchack was landing damaging shots throughout the first round. Hope did manage to return fire on the feet and in the clinch but he couldn't keep up with the raw damage output of his opponent. In the second round, Manchack dropped Hope with a heavy head kick and finished him with a submission following a takedown. Franklin Manchack def. Molton Hope via Submission (Americana) at 4:56 of round 2.

(Bantmaweight Division) Raiymbek Batyr versus Damian Kazimierczak

(Outcome) Batyr was working to get some offensive going inside the clinch but Kazimierczak scored a takedown, did a little submission spamming, and finished the fight with a rear naked choke late in the first round. Damien Kazimierczak def. Raiymbek Batyr at 3:59 of round 1.

(Middleweight Division) Jermain Leaseau versus Luca Rinaldi

(Outcome) These two grapplers swapped takedown attempts and took turns being in top control of the other throughout thie fight. Jermain Leaseau found the most success throwing strikes on the feet inbetween bouts of wrestling and was looking for a submission throughout. Late in the third round, Jermain scored with the fight ending submission that put Rinaldi out of the fight. Jermain Leaseau def. Luca Rinaldi via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 0:15 of round 3.

(Bantamweight Division) Pawel Nastula versus Haha Urajoke

(Outcome) Haha Urajoke scored the first takedown of the fight and the two grapplers rolled for the duration of the first round. Nastula submission spammed his way to a clean 10:9 round. In the second round, Pawel Nastula scored the takedown... and then submission spammed his way to a clean 10:9 round. In the final round, Haha Urajoke clinched with Nastula, pulled guard... and then Pawel Nastula submission spammed his way to victory. Pawel Nastul def. Haha Urajoke via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-28, 30-27).

(Welterweight Division) Hugo Churchill versus Vasilko Nikolaevich

(Outcome) Nikolaevich drew first blood early, scored a takedown, stood, clinched, broke the clinch. After this flurry of action, Churchill took him down and began to put his submission game to work. In the second round, we saw more of the clinch and standup game from Nikolaevich and a late takedown that went nowhere from Churchill. Hugo Churchill managed to pick up the pace and hold his own in the final round but it wasn't enough to dig him out of the hole he'd found himself in. Vasilko Nikolaevich def. Hugo Churchill via Unaunimous Decision (29-28, 30-28, 29-28).

(Middleweight Division) Rafael Aguete versus Nicklas Porsin

(Outcome) Rafael Aguete came out of the gate swinging for the fences right away, cutting Porsin. Aguete maintained his aggressive flurry of strikes until Porsin crumbled against the cage and the referee was forced to stop the fight. Rafael Aguete def. Nicklas Porsin via TKO (Strikes) at 0:37 of round 1.

(Bantamweight Division) Francis Underwood versus Tadeusz Ostrowski

(Outcome)

Round 1 – Tadeusz Ostrowski scored an immediate takedown into the guard of Underwood, pushed to half guard, tried for a submission, broke through to full mount as Francis Underwood fought off the submission, and finally finished with an armbar. This was as close to a grappling domination as you're going to see. Tadeusz Ostrowski has once again raised the bar: he holds the most victories in Fortitude FC with 6 and the most submissions with 5. Tadeusz Ostrowski def. Francis Underwood via Submission (Armbar) at 1:56 of round 1.

(Heavyweight Division) Xavier Barbossa versus Brody Macbeth

(Outcome)

Round 1 – The two boxers traded wild shots early in the opening round and Macbeth immediately drove Barbossa against the cage, digging into his body and head with strikes. We see Barbossa trying to score takedowns which is uncharacteristic of him. Macbeth managed to hold him there and chip away at him for the remainder of the round.

Round 2 – More of the same as the two boxers traded haymakers early; Barbossa was coming forward aggressively and missing more than he is landing. Once again, Macbeth clinched with Barbossa and pinned him in place, landing punches on the bigger man. The fatigue became obvious in both men at this point.

Round 3 – With no hesitation, Macbeth clinched with Barbossa for the third time in this fight. As Macbeth picked up the tempo on his punches, Barbossa tried to get the fight to the ground which provided a break from the clinch; a much needed reprieve for the heavyweight title contender. Macbeth stuffed another takedown attempt and drove Barbossa back against the cage. As Barbossa's offenses noticably slowed, Macbeth picked up the pace sensing the end was near. Barbossa managed to break the clinch and Macbeth tagged him with a hard right to the body followed by a left hook that dropped the big man on his back. Macbeth leapt on his foe with more strikes and the referee halted the action. Brody Macbeth def. Xavier Barbossa via TKO (Punches) at 3:37 of round 3.

(Welterweight Division) Mats Soderlund versus Egidiusz Nowakowski

(Outcome)

Round 1 – Mats Soderlund wasted no time in attacking his opponent, hitting him with a jab, a push kick, and a right hand that put Eddie Nova down for the count. As Soderlund rushed Nova with strikes, the referee stopped the match. Mats Soderlund def. Eddie Nova via TKO (Strikes) at 0:08 of round 1.

[The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly]

1. Mats Soderlund made an impressive debut, stopping Eddie Nova in eight seconds, his quickest finish to date.

2. This is the first time that Barbossa has been stopped; however, this was not a concussive finish. Barbossa's chin withstood the assault. This was an exhaustion/injury TKO.

3. The meaningless weight difference between Barbossa and Macbeth was 101 pounds.

4. Tadeusz Ostrowski is a record setting fighter with the most victories and most submissions; a record that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Knockout of the Night: Brody Macbeth

Submission of the Night: Jermain Leaseau

Fight of the Night: Brody Macbeth vs Xavier Barbossa

Fortitude FC Records (As of 8/16/14)

Most Victories in Org: Tadeusz Ostrowski (6)

Most SUB victories: Tadeusz Ostrowski (5)

Tadeusz Ostrowski (6)

Kaz Yago (4)

Valentin Ralek (4)

Steve Orvel (4)

Brody Macbeth (3)

George Pierre Hennard (3)

John Bzdunek (3)

Monkey Business (3)

Reigning Champions

Bantamweight (135 lbs)

Welterweight (170 lbs)

Ville Paakkari – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Grant Benton – Former Champion, No Defenses

Middleweight (185 lbs)

Carlos Villa Lobos (4-2) – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Randall Flag (6-4) – Former Champion, No Defenses

Heavyweight (265 lbs)

Magnus Barfot – Reigning Champion, One Defense

Super-heavyweight – 265+ lbs

Peter James – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

with Brody Macbeth

We interviewed both Brody Macbeth and Xavier Barbossa in the build-up to their heavyweight clash on August 16. They had plenty to say about each other; Barbossa contended that Macbeth was nothing but a tune-up fight, an easy paycheck, and a loud mouthed jobber that wasn't truly worthy of such a fight. Macbeth contended that (Macbeth) was the far superior fighter and that he wouldn't even break a sweat defeating Barbossa.

When these two sluggers collided, we found all of the fireworks that we expected; the two men traded haymakers in the opening minutes of the fight with Macbeth pausing the action to wrestle with Barbossa against the cage. When it became apparent that Barbossa couldn't free himself from this position, Macbeth went to work; he worked Barbossa to the body and tagged him with punch after punch to the head. In the third round, Barbossa managed to escape the clinch for the last time... but he was exhausted. He ate another shot to the body followed by a left hook that staggered the heavyweight and put him on his back. Macbeth swarmed him with strikes and the referee stopped the fight with under a minute and a half left in the fight.

With the final fight report in the books, we see that Barbossa attempted twenty three strikes in and out of the clinch, with only one of them landing flush, as well as eighteen takedown attempts. Now, he is no wrestler, so it's no surprise that we didn't see this fight hit the ground. But I will say that the failed takedowns added to the growing exhaustion in the heavyweight fighter. Brody Macbeth topped the charts with an staggering 148 attempted strikes in and out of the clinch, with 87 of them landing on Barbossa. Macbeth did attempt a few knees but none of them landed.

So, with no more gilding of the lilly, and absoutely no ado whatsoever, we've brought back Brody Macbeth to dissect and discuss his victory over Barbossa, the fight strategy of Daemon Targaryen, his next opponent, and Sean Watson.

“Brody, what was your game plan going into this fight (with Barbossa)?”

“My game plan was pretty obvious: capitalize on the glaring weakness that we've seen in Barbossa's record. When you clinch with Barbossa, he immediately turns into a fucking flappy bird, flapping his little baby bird wings helplessly. If I wanted to, I could have regurgitated my breakfast shake and he would have gobbled it up. Eat up, baby bird, eat up!”

“So, your strategy was to clinch with Barbossa? Early on, you traded punches with him. Was there any concern that he might land clean and score a stoppage?”

“There's always a risk of getting knocked out when you're fighting a guy that out weighs the super-heavyweight champion of the world. That risk is always real but, honestly, I've never been rocked in my life. I've taken power punches from better men, better fighters, and I haven't even batted an eye. It's funny because everybody keeps saying that Barbossa and I traded punches before I clinched with him but he was mostly swinging at air, right? When did he “trade punches” back to me? If anything, he took all of my punches, and kept them for himself, the greedy bastard.”

“Is it true that you contacted Daemon Targaryen following your victory over Barbossa?”

“It is true, yes. I contacted him and told him what he needed to do to beat Barbossa in a rematch. Targaryen is a decent fighter although I have to question his resolve; here's a guy that obviously knows how to fight in the clinch, but refuses to clinch with a guy that rushes forward like they just opened up the dessert table at Home Country Buffet. Why is that? Poor fight IQ maybe. You need to have strategy, not just rush forward throwing hands like we're on fuckin' Whuuuurlstar fighting Kimbo in the back yard.”

“Now, we've heard some rumors about your next opponent. Do you have an opponent in mind for your next fight?”

“Well, I know that Lady Barbossa emotionally requested a rematch because he thinks I won't be able to beat him down a second time in the same way but in his heart, he knows I'm a better fighter than he is right now. I'm faster, I'm stronger, I'm more skilled, and I'm a better talker. He doesn't want any of this and we both know it. However, I got several hefty bonuses for knocking the fifth grade math out of that loud mouthed sand bag so if he wants to go again in the future, I'm all for it.

I've heard rumors about a possible matchup with Peter James, the reigning super-heavyweight champion. Now, I know that it isn't because I'm pretty and I know that it isn't because I'm on some impressive winning streak. The fact of the matter is that there just aren't any super-heavyweights worth mentioning in the title picture and the show must go on. I'm the only guy willing to move up and fight bigger guys and honestly I think James would be an easy fight for me. I say bring on Peter James next if he wants me. He's an easier fight... he's a smaller man than the last one that I just fought so the advantage is all mine. If he so much as says my name, I will move up to super-heavyweight right now and hit him so hard that his belt falls off.”

“Sean Watson was a top Fortitude FC heavyweight contender following victories over Roger Howlingate and Diego Sanchez. He hyped himself up, talked of becoming a world champion, mentioned Magnus Barfot by name, and then requested an early release from the company “for training”. While away, he signed with a rival promotion. What are your thoughts on this scenario?”

“It's pretty obvious that Sean Watson is a man with no character strength and no fortitude. A man is only as good as his word so when you say one thing and then do another, it speaks volumes about your worth as a man. Sean wanted to get out of his contract because he was afraid of Magnus Barfot. He was happy to oblige Danny in crushing a few less trained opponents but when a challenge came along, he showed himself as a second rate jobber. Send that bum to Heavyweight Prizefighting where he can fight other bums. He isn't even worth missing.”

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w23.jpg

Peter James - FFC Super-Heavyweight Champion

"Is anyone else tired of this Macbeth character running his mouth non-stop? He's called me out a few times and I've kept quiet till' now, I know I'm 10 times the fighter he is! Why should I waste my time with a guy who seems like he's using his interviews to launch a career in comedy? Well I'm getting tired of you, once I put George Patton to sleep I'm prepared to put my belt on the line, not that it's much of a risk, and show you what a real fighter can do. Unlike the chumps you've fought in your short & dull career I don't have a single weakness. I'm stronger than you in every aspect, bring it on.

Fortitude FC, in conjunction with RISSA LLC and 10 Percent Laundry, is proud to bring you this mixed martial arts attraction. FFC 16: Ralek v Schroeder is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by Fortitude FC on August 23, 2014 at the Flemengo Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Heavyweight Division) Valentin Ralek (9-0) vs Brian Schroeder (3-1)

(Preview) Valentin Ralek is a very dangerous Muay Thai kickboxer; in his early days, he knocked opponents out using just his heavy hands. However, in recent fights, he has shown a new wrinkle as he has started pinning opponents against the cage and hammering them with his KenFlo hellbows and gashing their faces up. He defeated two straight boxers via doctor stoppage after hammering their faces with his elbows. I know his secret, however: he imbeds shards of glass into his elbows a few weeks out from each fight, lets his elbows scab over and heal, and then hammers opponents with them in the clinch so that the glass pokes through his skin and slashes his opponents in the face. Officials don't call him on it because they mistake all of the blood on his elbows from the poor guy he just finished murdering in the face. Brian Schroeder is another poor unsuspecting boxer that has never been knocked out and has no idea that bloody face is going to be a nickname that follows him in the gym for months on end. Brian Schroeder is a power puncher that struggles in the clinch (red flag). I hate to write such a one sided preview but if Brian Schroeder wins this fight, I will personally double his pay for this fight.

(Prediction) Valentin Ralek via bloodyface.

[A closer look]

(Valentin Ralek)

Record: 9-0

Knockouts: 9

Style: Muay Thai

Accolades: Knockout of the Night

(Brian Schroeder)

Record: 3-1

Knockouts: 3

Accolades: N/A

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Carlos Villa Lobos© (5-2) vs Alak Aksornpan (10-6)

(Preview) Carlos Villa Lobos, affectionately dubbed CVL by lazy event writers around the world, is one of ten champions that have graced Fortitude FC since its inception. However, he is one of only three champions to successfully defend his title. Carlos Villa Lobos became the linear KOMMA middleweight champion when he unified the titles by defeating Randall Flagg (who had just finished Grey Wolf). That is an unbroken championship lineage that CVL can be proud to wear today. If he successfully defends his title here, he will become the first Fortitude FC champion to successfully defend his championship title two times. Challenging him for the gold is Alak Aksornpan, a brawler with a chip on his shoulder and a win streak on his back; Aksornpan proudly boasts a six fight winning streak that extends back to his days in Global Fighting Championship back in March of this year. He is a very high level kickboxer that loves to throw high kicks. He also threatens with takedowns but that shouldn't be a factor here.

(Prediction) Carlos Villa Lobos via submission; he breaks the current record for successful title defenses.

[A closer look]

(Carlos Villa Lobos)

Record: 5-2

Submissions: 4

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing

Accolades: Fortitude FC Middleweight Champion, Submission of the Night (x2)

(Alak Aksornpan)

Record: 10-6

Knockouts: 7

Submissions: 3

Style: Kickboxing, Catch Wrestling

Accolades: Knockout of the Night (x2)

(Middleweight Division) Randall Flagg (7-4) vs Melvin Reem (10-7)

(Preview) Randall Flagg is the former Fortitude FC middleweight champion and a former EER and RISE middleweight contender. Flagg brutally knocked out former KOMMA middleweight champion and then-reigning Fortitude FC champion Grey Wolf to earn the title. Since losing his title, Flagg found redemption when he stopped the highly skilled Etienne Evans, a dangerous Canadian on a win streak. Melvin Reem is the epitome of mixed martial arts veteran; with seventeen fights, seven of which have ended in his opponent losing consciousness and kissing the canvas, it's easy to see why there is a buzz around this middleweight prospect. Despite losing seven times, Reem has only been finished once in his career against a very dangerous clinch fighter.

(Prediction) Randall Flagg via decision or late stoppage; this one will go in and out of the clinch.

(Super-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Peter James© (8-5) vs George Patton (1-1)

(Preview) Peter James is the reigning Fortitude FC super-heavyweight champion of the world, a former kickboxer that made the jump to mixed martial arts when he signed with the Gladiator FC promotion. He handled much more successfully in MMA, although he struggled in the Island Final Tournament, losing in the first round. Since signing with Fortitude FC, James has successfully knocked out Royler Gracie and Cc Cc en route to the FFC title. Little is known about his opponent, Georeg Patton, except that he is a low rank boxer that has also jumped into mixed martial arts. Patton essentially won the title shot lottery by being the only available fighter willing to take the shot that isn't coming off of consecutive losses. There have been rumors of a potential match-up between James and welterweight-turned-heavyweight Brody Macbeth.

(Prediction) Peter James retains his title via knockout.

[A closer look]

(Peter James)

Record: 8-5

Knockouts: 8

Accolades: Fortitude FC Super-heavyweight Champion, Fight of the Night (x1), Knockout of the Night (x2)

(George Patton)

Record: 1-1

Knockouts: 1

Accolades: N/A

(Bantamweight Division) Benny Caine (13-5) vs Tomas Kalnoky (9-4)

(Preview) For former Fortitude FC bantamweight champion Benny Caine, this fight has “redemption” written all over it. He will be fighting for the first time after losing his title to John Bzdunek via knockout and he will be facing the only man to defeat the reigning bantamweight champion John Bzdunek not once but twice. This fight isn't just about getting a win and moving back up the (currently non-existent) rankings; no, this fight is about proving to himself and to his fans that he is still the top bantamweight fighter in the world. Tomas Kalnoky is in an interesting position... he holds two consecutive defeats over the reigning divisional champion, he holds victories over men that have defeated the reigning champion, but to get to the champion and earn his gold he has to get past the former champion, who he already holds a recent loss to. Caine and Kalnoky met two months ago when Caine submitted Kalnoky late in the first round. Will history repeat itself? Or will Tomas Kalnoky move on to the gold?

(Prediction) With his wrestling chops, I'd like to think that Kalnoky has some takedown defense and could turn this into an unskilled standing brawl... but I doubt it. Benny Caine via submission.

(Heavyweight Division) Daemon Targaryen (7-2) vs Rodrigo Silva (9-2)

(Preview) Daemon Targaryen is an accomplished boxer, a hard headed, heavy handed, stubborn man that has cut his in the Fortitude FC heavyweight division after a lenghy career in the QFC fighting arena that saw him go undefeated. He has struggled against divisional killers Xavier Barbossa and Valentin Ralek. In the Barbossa fight, Targaryen opted to stand and trade power punches with the monster that is Barbossa, to his own disadvantage. Rodrigo Silva was, up until his most recent fight with Valentin Ralek, on an impressive undefeated streak that saw him holding the most impressive record in the Fortitude FC heavyweight division. Silva is a submission fighter that has won bonuses for his aggressive Jiu-Jitsu style.

(Prediction) Daemon Targaryen sees a return to glory when he stops Silva early.

(Welterweight Division) Taiki Aoki (12-4) vs Rafael Misiek (11-9-1)

(Preview) Taiki Aoki is the former two time BRFC lightweight champion, the former TMG bantamweight champion, and a six time performance bonus winner. He is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, an absolute killer on the ground, and an all around exciting prospect in the Fortitude FC welterweight Division. Did I mention that he is only twenty-five? He has a long career ahead of him and he is already on the road to legendary status in his own right. He will be meeting Rafael Misiek who is fresh off of two consecutive losses- a bad open for Aoki. Two times in the past we have seen Misiek struggle through consecutive losses only to go on a lengthy winning streak filled with brutal knockouts. Misiek is a Muay Thai stylist that absolutely adores kneeing the faces off of opponents from the clinch, landing elbows that would make Valentin Ralek nod in approval, and he will punch and kick you relentlessly once you get away from his clinch. He also threatens with takedowns although I don't see that being a problem in this fight.

(Prediction) This is do or die for Misiek but he is up against a killer of an opponent. Taiki Aoki takes this one via submission.

(Welterweight Division) Vrando Vraganza (12-7) vs Jay Matsuo (6-4)

(Preview) Vrando Vraganza is a former BFC lightweight champion and an accomplished striker with proven knockout power. He compliments his standup style with the threat of his ground game; with multiple victories coming by way of submission, and ground and pound to boot, his only weakness is the clinch, right? Wrong! He throws strikes there as well. Jay Matsuo is a well rounded fighter as well that will return fire on the feet but prefers to take you down and dominate you with his wrestling. His top control game is his main focus on the ground although he does soften you up with strikes and he will take a submission if you make it available to him. He would be content controlling you for a decision, however.

(Prediction) Vrando Vraganza should be able to hold off Matsuo's ground game and either win a decision or a stoppage on the feet.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Monkey Business (4-0) vs Willy Killer (3-0)

(Preview) This is a tough fight between two young and undefeated Jiu-Jitsu prospects. Monkey Business is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt that has earned a name for himself by submitting three straight opponents in Fortitude FC. Willy Killer is a division newcomer and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt. He earned his chops smashing three unknowns in the QFC arena. I'd say this is a tough fight for Monkey Business but then I remember the legends of a purple belt submitting a red belt in the QFC arena and I shut right up.

(Prediction) Hats off to the new guy; he's going to win this one, I think.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Mad Cat (0-0) vs RV Malapitan (9-6)

(Preview) Mad Cat is a newcomer to mixed martial arts; he is making his professional fighting debut. However, he is reportedly a very thoroughly trained fighter that boasts high level boxing, high level wrestling, and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. However, you don't know how good a man is until he steps out of the gym and into the cage so we'll have to wait and see. RV Malapitan is a tough first test for any man; he is a veteran of the sport, an extremely accomplished boxer in his own right, and an experienced grappler as well. However, with all of that being said, Malapitan is on a three fight losing streak and may well be at the end of his lengthy fighting career.

(Prediction) Like I said: It's hard to judge a man that hasn't fought but I'm going to trust the reports of his training and say that his ground game wins him this fight.

With Brody Macbeth

Brody Macbeth started his career in the Fortitude FC welterweight division with back-to-back stoppages of Steven Josslin and Namba Babakla. When rumors circulated that FFC 13 may need a replacement fight due to a fight offer not being accepted in time, Macbeth came forward with a proposition: match him up with heavyweight knockout artist Xavier Barbossa and he would take the fight on short notice while injured. Barbossa quickly accepted the challenge and the mutual trash talk began.

FFC 13 would eventually go on without Barbossa v Macbeth; the two would instead meet on August 16 at FFC 15. The trash talk was monumental; Barbossa contended that Brody was nothing more than a loud mouthed jobber, earning an unwarrented shot at a superior fighter because he talked himself up. Macbeth responded that Barbossa was a bum, a can crusher, and unworthy of his division ranking. The fight would nearly go the distance with Macbeth repeatedly clinching with Barbossa and eventually scoring a third round TKO finish. Immediately, Macbeth called out his next desired opponent: I've heard rumors about a possible matchup with Peter James, the reigning super-heavyweight champion. If he so much as says my name, I will move up to super-heavyweight right now and hit him so hard that his belt falls off.

The Super-heavyweight Champion caught wind of this call-out and responded immediately, contending that he is tired of Macbeth's mouth and that he would put his belt on the line to shut Macbeth up and prove that he is a true mixed martial artist.

So, we caught up with Brody Macbeth who is quickly becoming a regular with us.

“At first, I thought Kevin James wanted to fight me. I was like “that fat guy from 'Here Comes The Boom'? I'm honestly not even sure who Peter James is or what it is he does. They tell me he's a striker but he has as many knockout losses as I have knockout victories. I know that you can't trust what you read on the internet but I read a rumor that Peter knocked himself out shaving the other day. We're talking about a man that used to fight in kickboxing, came out in worse shape than Ned Beatty on a canooing trip, so he came running to MMA looking for easy fights.

Do you know the difference between Peter James and myself? Peter James trains in ALL ASPECTS of the game because he knows his takedown defense won't keep him up. And then he fights a real striker and gets knocked the fight out. Give me any mixed martial arts opponent that James has had and I'd outclass his performance.

I'm going to be the best striker that James has ever faced. I'm even better than the poor man's Burt Reynolds that he fought- you know, the soft chinned arm puncher that knocked Peter out not too long ago? And with all due respect to the letter C: get some wins and I'll defend my title against you. James went easy on you, I'll send you back to Sesame Street you walking consonant. This interview's over.”

Well, so much for an interview. Usually these involve a question-and-answer segment.

“Oh, sorry. Go ahead.”

Alright: what are your thoughts on a potential rematch with Xavier Barbossa?

“Who? Oh, Bumbossa? I don't really see the point. I'd smash him again and he knows it. I broke him once, what's he gonna do different? Go for more takedowns? Ha-ha.”

You've recently seen an influx of heavyweight fighters moving up to the super-heavyweight division. Why do you think that is?

“Well, they're copying me, of course. They've seen my success moving up in weight and they think they can fix their broken careers.”

So, it isn't because the super-heavyweight division is young and in need of fresh contenders?

“Well, that's why Danny is inviting people up in weight but that isn't what these bums are thinking. They're thinking: oh, hey, I could beat Peter James. I think that's a good top contender fight to see who should get to challenge me for my belt next: James v Barbossa after I finish with James.”

What if you should lose to Peter James? Would a rematch with Barbossa be a good contender fight?

“I won't lose to Peter James, believe that.”

Brody Macbeth was in attendance for FFC 16, anxiously watching as Peter James successfully defended his title against George Patton. Despite giving a standing ovation, along with the rest of the audience, when James knocked Patton out, Macbeth was critical of James in an interview after the show.

“Yeah, it was a good stoppage over a bad opponent. Bad that's what super-heavyweight is... a bunch of bad fighters playing MMA with each other. Peter James and I have one thing in common: we both just got done knocking out a bum.”

Fortitude FC , in conjunction with RISSA LLC and 10 Perc ent Laundry, was proud to bring you this mixed martial arts showcase. FFC 16: Ralek v Schroeder was a mixed martial arts event that took place on August 23, 2014 at the Flamengo Arena in Rio de Janei ro, Brazil.

(The Action)

(Light-heavyweight Division) Mad Cat vs RV Malapitan

(Outcome)

Round 1These two strikers met in the middle of the cage immediately and began swinging for the fences, each trying to score a knockout. Malapitan landed more shots but Mad Cat beat the fuck out of him with his four landed punches. At about two minutes into the round, Cat dropped Malapitan with a hard counter right that put him down, and swarmed him to finish the fight. Mad Cat def. RV Malapitan via TKO (Strikes) at 2:25 of round 1.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Monkey Business vs Willy Killer

(Outcome)

Round 1Monkey Business came out aggressive, landing lefts and rights on Willy Killer, who was quickly overwhelmed. Willy Killer was completely outclassed in this fight and had absolutely no answer for the aggressiveness of Monkey Business. Monkey Business def. Willy Killer via KO (Punch) at 0:51 of round 1.

(Welterweight Division) Vrando Vraganza vs Jay Matsuo

(Outcome)

Round 1 Jay Matsuo brought this fight to the ground immediately and aggressively wrestled with Vraganza, landing shots from the top position. Once he got bored on the ground, he stood up from full mount (for some reason), and then immediately took Vraganza back down to the ground, following a failed Vraganza takedown. Matsuo closed out the round with some dominant wrestling and one or two half-hearted punches. 10-9 Jay Matsuo.

Round 2 Jay Matsuo brought the fight to the ground again right out of the gate. This time, Vraganza tried to catch a sneaky submission from his back, but it went nowhere. Matsuo decided to stand up from the dominant position and then brought the fight back to the ground. This time around, Matsuo stalled his way to a referee standup. Vrando Vraganza scored a takedown, got reveresed back to the bottom, and then Matsuo stood back up. On the feet, Matsuo landed some decent leg kicks and another takedown to stall out the round. 10-9 Jay Matsuo.

Round 3 Jay Matsuo clinched early in the round, pulled guard, and then submitted Vraganza with a third round armbar. Thank god. Jay Matsuo def. Vrando Vraganza via Submission (Armbar) at 1:57 of round 3.

(Welterweight Division) Taiki Aoki vs Rafael Misiek

(Outcome)

Round 1- Taiki Aoki clinched with Rafael Misiek early and went to work, scoring with punches low and high. About a minute into the round, Misiek managed to pull guard. It's ironic because Misiek is technically more of a Muay Thai fighter than Aoki is and yet it's the purple belt pulling guard on the black belt to get out of the clinch game. Taiki Aoki started to work Misiek over with ground and pound although Misiek did manage to get back to his closed guard. Taiki Aoki managed to close out the round , landing brutal ground and pound from the top position. 10-9 Taiki Aoki if not 10-8.

Round 2Taiki Aoki started the round immediately landing straight punches on Misiek; Rafael Misiek was getting clearly outclassed in every aspect of the fight. Aoki shot in and took Misiek back to the ground and started teeing off with ground and pound mixed with several submission attempts. Near the end of the round, Misiek looked to be rocked by the ground and pound but the bell sounded, the round ended. 10-8 Aoki in my opinion.

Round 3Misiek was looking to be hurt bad from the end of the last round; Aoki sensed this weakness and rushed in with a flurry of strikes that put Misiek out for the count. The referee pulled Aoki off of Misiek, ending the fight. Taiki Aoki def. Rafael Misiek via TKO (Strikes) at 0:13 of round 3.

(Heavyweight Division) Daemon Targaryen vs Rodrigo Silva

(Outcome)

Round 1Rodrigo Silva, who was recently on a six fight winning streak and quickly becoming a top Fortitude FC heavyweight, found himself completely outclassed by the style of Daemon Targaryen. Daemon was landing hard punches, clinching and pushing off, and going to the body. He hurt Silva with the body shots and finished him early in the first round. Daemon Targaryen def. Rodrigo Silva via TKO (Strikes) at 2:50 of round 1.

(Bantamweight Division) Benny Caine vs Tomas Kalnoky

(Outcome)

Round 1 Early in the round, Tomas Kalnoky's clinch style was putting Caine in all kinds of trouble. He was absolutely wrecking Benny Caine with knees to the head and body; Caine was trying desperately trying to bring the fight to the ground and failing miserably. Halfway through the round, Benny Caine managed to score a takedown and tried to work his submission game... but Kalnoky was threatening with submissions from the bottom. Despite the takedown, Tomas Kalnoky likely won this round, 10-9.

Round 2Once again, Kalnoky clinched with Caine and went to work with his damaging knees, battering the former champion bloody. Once again, Benny Caine scored a takedown and worked for a submission. This round was a bit closer but Kalnoky held his position longer; 10-9 Kalnoky.

Round 3 Tomas Kalnoky clinched with Benny Caine. Benny Caine immediately threw Kalnoky to the ground and started working for a submission. Caine locked in a kimura and forced Tomas Kalnoky to tap out! Excellent comeback! Benny Caine def. Tomas Kalnoky via Submission (Kimura) at 0:56 of round 3.

(Super-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Peter James© vs George Patton

(Outcome)

Round 1Peter James started wholopping George Patton immediately; he dropped the profusely bleeding challenger and worked him to the body when he got back to his feet. George Patton landed maybe one punch: a body shot... but attempted nothing else. The aggressiveness of The Champion left his challenger overwhelmed. James swarmed Patton with shots and the referee stopped the fight. Peter James def. George Patton via TKO (Strikes) at 1:58 of round 1 to retain the Undisputed Fortitude FC Super-heavyweight Championship of the world!

(Middleweight Division) Randall Flagg vs Melvin Reem

(Outcome)

Round 1 These two fighters both came out highly aggressive and while the former champion was landing some shots, Melvin Reem was landing shots much more frequently early on. Randall Flagg forced the clinch and took it to Reem's body, seemingly hurting him. Melvin Reem received a small cut and Flagg continued to clinch and batter Reem. Randall Flagg came alive for the last minute of the round and Melvin Reem stopped punching and started to just cover up and survive... the end is near haha. Randall Flagg 10-9 for sure.

Round 2This round was ALL Randall Flagg. Melvin Reem was tryign to fire back but he was eating shot after shot and really not doing all that well at avoiding damage. The fact that Reem survived this round is a testament to his chin and his determination. I'd give this one to Randall Flagg without question, 10-9.

Round 3 Reem seemed to wake back up in this round, firing back at Flagg with punches and kicks. Still, Flagg seemed to get the better of the exchanges throughout this round. Reem was really bleeding in this round. Another clear round for Randall Flagg, who won the fight. Randall Flagg def. Melvin Reem via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Carlos Villa Lobos© vs Alak Aksornpan

(Outcome)

Round 1 - Carlos Villa Lobos immediately forced Aksornpan to the ground and went to work with his submission game. Aksornpan did his best to wrestle back but he was simply no match for CVL on the ground. Not even a minute into this championship fight, CVL scored the fight ending submission. Carlos Villa Lobos def. Alak Aksornpan via Submission (Americana) at 0:57 of round 1 to retain the undisputed Fortitude FC Middleweight Championship of the world!

(Heavyweight Division) Valentin Ralek vs Brian Schroeder

(Outcome)

Round 1Early in the round, the two fighters traded power punches that opened cuts on both of them. Schroeder should enjoy a comfortable advantage in a pure boxing match but he does have to watch out for the knockout power of Ralek. Brian Schroeder was landing hard shots while Ralek landed with leg kicks and body kicks. Late in the round, the clinch game of Valentin Ralek comes into place with Ralek landing slicing elbows against the cage. 10-9 Schroeder.

Round 2The striking match continued early in the round; Schroeder was landing more punishing shots on Ralek. Ralek forced the clinch two minutes in and started landing more punches and elbows along the cage- Schroeder was firing back from this position. Schroeder managed to break the clinch and go back to landing on Ralek, who was watching his nine fight winning streak slide down the drain. Ralek managed to clinch once again and this time, Ralek kept Schroeder against the cage, landing hard elbows on him. This one was a bit closer but Schroeder seemed to deal the most damage. 10-9 Schroeder.

Round 3Early on, Ralek was trying to land shots but was eating counter punches for his trouble. Ralek instigated another clinch super early in the round this time. Ralek was landing hard elbows once again. Schroeder was trying hard to fire back but found it difficult with his back to the cage. Two minutes into the round, the lacerations on Schroeder's face started to open worse. Schroeder tried to come alive but ate a dozen more elbows before the blood on his face forced the doctors to stop the fight. Excellent comeback by Ralek who was clearly down two rounds to nothing. Valentin Ralek def. Brian Schroeder via TKO (Cut) at 3:59 of round 3.

Fortitude FC Records (As of 8/23/14)

Most Victories in Org: Tadeusz Ostrowski (6)

Most (T)KO victories: Valek Ralen (5)

Most SUB victories: Tadeusz Ostrowski (5)

Tadeusz Ostrowski (6)

Valentin Ralek (5)

Monkey Business (4)

Kaz Yago (4)

Steve Orvel (4)

Peter James (3)

Carlos Villa Lobos (3)

Brody Macbeth (3)

George Pierre Hennard (3)

John Bzdunek (3)

Reigning Champions