jiu jitsu / game question

In one fight my fighter tried to pull an ankle lock from inside full guard. He failed. My question is did he fail based on stats or fail based on the fact it's incredibly hard to sub someone from inside their guard especially without a GI.

so I guess I am asking, are submissions from inside a guard possible?

also, would there be a way to have orgs specificallydo grappling rules like they have some orgs that only do kick boxing?

It's hard to really know about the submission without knowing stats of both fighters, there's a lot of things that come into play, yes subs are hard from the top guard but things like ankle locks are slightly different, since once you fall back for the submission you're no longer in the guard.

And yes it's very possible to make a grappling org.

I guess what I mean is the game just filling in are generated lines as far as sub attempt and positioning, or does it really know or have written into the program that subs from inside someone else's closed guard is not likely to happen and not dependant on skill values?

Well it's easier to submit from a dominant position. So given that piece of information it only makes sense that it's harder to submit from a non-dominant position. Submitting somebody with a heel hook or a kneebar in this game from closed guard is very rare and usually ends up with a loss of position (the other guy will land on top)

I think a huge part of it is also the skill gap in grappling values

Is it possible at all is what I mean. Would someone with elite sub vs useless def grasp be able to do it, or is it just something so rooted in reality that it's not going to happen and more of an overly aggressive slider error.

In real lifI don't see how someone can do that without breaking out of guard first. In that case it would be a pass or the other guy opened guard which is just adjusting from full to say spider or butterfly guard.

I guess I mean is game telling me iI am a dumbass with siders or could it work (submission from in closed guardrd)

rn

In game terms the guard is a single position. You'll sometimes get some flavor text about briefly going to butterfly guard etc but for all intents and purposes there's no difference. Obviously submitting someone with say a heel hook from their guard would require you to break the guard first but there's no mechanical difference between a broken and unbroken guard.

The ground game in general is pretty silly but a system that dynamic would probably be super hard to implement. In the same vein single strikes are apparently more accurate than combinations and footwork doesn't exist.

It's usualy more out of desperation or as a very risky surprise attack to try and take a leg from the guard. It's risky because if you dobt get it you either end up in the other guys guard or give up your back of if the guy is a sprawl and brawl fighter he can get up and be where he wants to be. I've seen fights where people try get a heel hook from guard when they are at the eendof the third, 2 rounds down abd looking to sneak a win.

In theory, just about anything is possible since the entire engine is based on #'s there's always a small chance that just about anything can happen, just like in real MMA.