Predict UFC 177's PPV buy rate [MM moved too 178]

Renegade

Johnson vs. Cariaso has now been moved to headline UFC 178 in light of Jones's injury. This leaves TJ vs. Barao and whole bunch of fights that belong on a Fox Sports 1 undercard. How many PPV buys do you expect UFC 177 to do? I doubt it does better than 174; it might even be worse than Bellator's PPV.

The Fights--

T.J. Dillashaw © vs. Renan Barão

Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler

Tony Ferguson vs. Danny Castillo

Ramsey Nijem vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

Lorenz Larkin vs. Derek Brunson

Ruslan Magomedov vs. Richard Odoms

Yancy Medeiros vs. Justin Edwards

Ruan Potts vs. Anthony Hamilton

Scott Jorgensen vs. Henry Cejudo

Joe Soto vs. Anthony Birchak

I think there's the potential for a few good fights there, but in terms of name value.... Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler as co-main says it all (though that's one I was going to watch).

However, barring a few surprises (including the main event not being too lopsided) this could turn out really, really bad in entertainment value, and certainly bad in ppv buys. 80k is my guess

• 2 weeks later...

The only fight worth watching is Barao vs. Dillashaw II, but it is extremely worth watching and epic :) Still, I wouldn't buy just for that fight :)

Not really.

Magomedov, Jorgenson they're exciting.

I reckon 100-150 Castillo Ferguson could quite easily be a headline fight on a fight night card that shed be a war, I agree other than main and co main event the rest of the card is a bit meh. But it has been known that these less appealing undercards produce some of the best fights so yo never know

I really like this event because it has some great fights. I also I want to see what Henry Cejudo's got. He went to Maryvale High School in Phoenix, AZ so it's also kind of cool to see someone in the UFC from my neighborhood. In terms of ppv numbers I think it will do 100k at least and could get 200k. Great fights but only two guys that are well known so I don't expect much.