Takedowns + takedown defence

psychosmudge

Shiftas, such build IMO is good :) you then can develop lets say submissions and punches. If you get a good hidden, it's also a very big bonus. And then in the early game most guys are one dimensional, so you can just outpunch a grappler and stay on your feet because of high tdd and outgrapple a striker by taking him down and submitting :) (In standup I'd prefer lots of counters if you have big speed for your takedowns :))

But, on the other hand, you cannot specialize in everything so you'll have to choose to be more of a grappler or a striker (i would take a look at hidden, KO Power would definetly make a striker, Granite Chin works for both, Big Heart I'd say for submission guy since it helps avoiding other submissions and getting in trouble makes you deadlier)

I do transitions if it's a gnp guy.

Someone taking you down will probably have those too.. Having both gives you a wrestling advantage over like everyone else.

• Upvote 1

Someone taking you down will probably have those too.. Having both gives you a wrestling advantage over like everyone else.

But if you put 110 in both tdo and tdd you won't be able to put 110 in trans, or if you did deff grappling 1.

Luckily people usually train their fighters and the boost your (presumably lower) BJJ gets from training transitions from scratch bests the crap out of the boost your higher wrestling gets from TDD.

And yeah no way I'd build a wrestler with def grap instead of gnp or clinchwork for the exact same reason.

• Upvote 1

What I'd build (I'm not saying my builds are good, I'm in this game for a year, I know that I've got a negative record but this is just what I'd do)

25YO Wrestler

1 Boxing

5 MT

10 Wrestling

5 BJJ

Striking Defense 12

GnP 12

Def Grappling 12

TD Off 12

Transitions 5

Agility 5

Speed 12

Conditioning 12

Physicals can be trained pretty quickly as well with a 25 YO :)

18YO Wrestler

1 Boxing

1 MT

12 Wrestling

2 BJJ

Striking Defense 12

Def Grappling 12

TD Offense 12

Speed 12

Conditioning 8

Train Submissions or GnP and Transitions, before a fight train up your physicals and be a monster :)

Interesting views guys what made it come about was I have a GNP guy and he was fighting a bjj guy so at first I kept it standing but I only had 1 tdd some how I managed it for a while and in the end my guy took him down and smashed him with GNP as for making 25 YO I don't do that as they are a waste of time in my eyes good for quick wins

Going up two comments you said about transitions boosting your bjj but tdd doesn't boost your wrestling as much is there a rough scale rate at which boost what the most or would you be able to let me no I think it would be a great help

It boosts it more because the fighter you build presumably has wonderful wrestling and not bjj... ;)

Oh yer I get you now got a bit confused

It boosts it more because the fighter you build presumably has wonderful wrestling and not bjj... ;)

High takedown offense makes takedown defense better.

So even if my guy has 1 tdd and 11 offence it will make him still be able to defend as that happened in a fight I just thought that the other guy must have has rubbish td

Oh yer I get you now got a bit confused

So even if my guy has 1 tdd and 11 offence it will make him still be able to defend as that happened in a fight I just thought that the other guy must have has rubbish td

Well, can't really say. All I know is that td off is an defensive skill also. It helps to have both high.

I have a couple of successful fighters who were designed this way. It allows you to attack your opponent's weakness, which is very successful early in a career. I don't know about later on because neither of them have gotten that far yet. However, since takedown off and def complement each other, it pretty much means the fight always happens where I want it to happen, which is a big advantage to have at any level.

I started training submissions instead of takedown defence because counter takedowns are way to effective. Even my fighters with elite TDD seem to be taken down with ease because of counter TDs. So I have a couple guys that look like stand up guys on paper but are deadly on the ground too.

My favourite fighter of mine with this style is Tiyaro Fietsora (future top 10) ;)

A fighter like that can be effective but your gonna have to train him for a while. Your best bet is to have his subs on useless, transitions very high, defensive grappling very high and high GNP. Zero elbows, zero knees, very high clinchwork, kicks and punches. with a figher like this you can mix it up more than most fighers, when fighting someone who likes to fight on the ground you have the option to have a better chance to keep the fight standing or when fighting someone who thinks there a standup monster, you can mix in some takedowns to keep them off guard. This is actually one of the better fight builds i believe, but your just never gonna win by sub.