Learning Speed Question

threat

Hey guys, I know that many of you test your fighters learning speed this way:

1 on 1 sessions with elite coaches from Useless skills.

1 Session from Useless -- to Useless ++ (Very Good)

1 Session from Useless -- to Useless + (Good)

And so on... But I noticed that every skill doesn't train the same way. I even got an idea to my head that it also depends a bit on your primaries :) For example my guys that are created with 12 Wrestling and 1 GnP train GnP pretty fast (lets say he goes from Useless -- to Useless + in a session). But when I'm about to do some Striking Drills, he learns them slower than he did with GnP.

So, has it ever occured to you and is it possible? :) Or it's just my misunderstanding? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've read somewhere that higher primaries increase secondary training speed, and higher secondaries affect primaries training speed. Imo, the best way to determine the learning speed is having a useless primary and train a useless secondary to check the real speed. I made an abysmal wrestler and trained TDD, i got 1-- to 1+ so he's currently my go to project fighter. Hope it helps

i created a fighter with 110 in wrestling, rest into bjj, 1 boxing, 1 mt.

since the beginning he was training:

9 times punches and went to feeble++

7 times striking def and went to feeble+

8 times gnp and went to feeble+

8 times def grabbling and went to feeble+

all this skills were created with 1 point into them.

all the trainingssessions were with elite coaches and with a maximum of 2 fighters per coach.

Energy was above 90% for all the session.

So i think the primaries dont have an effect on the secondaries learningspeed.

i created a fighter with 110 in wrestling, rest into bjj, 1 boxing, 1 mt.

since the beginning he was training:

9 times punches and went to feeble++

7 times striking def and went to feeble+

8 times gnp and went to feeble+

8 times def grabbling and went to feeble+

all this skills were created with 1 point into them.

all the trainingssessions were with elite coaches and with a maximum of 2 fighters per coach.

Energy was above 90% for all the session.

So i think the primaries dont have an effect on the secondaries learningspeed.

That's what I figured I think perhaps the idea that raising secondaries helps raise primaries might have gotten transmogrified into this idea by someone at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fellas. Returning player here just trying to understand the updates to training. I started a 18 year old project with 1 point in BJJ and 1 point in escapes. He had a single 3-1 training session with an elite coach in escapes and went from 1-- to 1+. Also went from 1-- to 1- in his primary BJJ from that single session. This was his only BJJ training, period. I'm thinking I got a pretty fast learner here but was looking for some feedback. Thanks.

Go here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/mystatssnapshot.php

Select Escapes in one of the dropdowns.

Right click the bar next to this particular fighter and choose inspect.

You should see something akin to "<td width="74.0%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>"

Whatever the width percentage is multiply it by 150

The result is his learning speed, if it's lower than 5.5 most people toss them unless they show a good hidden in the ToTT (QFC fights to test this).

I believe the high end is 7.0

Go here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/mystatssnapshot.php

Select Escapes in one of the dropdowns.

Right click the bar next to this particular fighter and choose inspect.

You should see something akin to "<td width="74.0%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>"

Whatever the width percentage is multiply it by 150

The result is his learning speed, if it's lower than 5.5 most people toss them unless they show a good hidden in the ToTT (QFC fights to test this).

I believe the high end is 7.0

I'm assuming when you're doing this it's with a skill you haven't trained, trained once or it doesn't matter how many times you train it? Can you also give an example of the equation you're plugging these numbers into it, I've been doing it but I keep coming out with unrealistic numbers like 11.67

I'm assuming when you're doing this it's with a skill you haven't trained, trained once or it doesn't matter how many times you train it? Can you also give an example of the equation you're plugging these numbers into it, I've been doing it but I keep coming out with unrealistic numbers like 11.67

It's after a single 1-on-1 training session in the skill of your choice that is completely unraised or untrained while your fighter has 100% energy and 100% morale.

Then go to http://www.mmatycoon.com/mystatssnapshot.php

Select the skill you did your single session in from the dropdown.

Right click the colored bar representing his skill level in the skill and choose inspect.

You'll get something like <td width="4.0%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>

Then it's simple multiplication. 4% = 0.04, 150 (total possible skill value) * 0.04 = 6.

Most people seem to sack anyone below 5.5 unless they are 5.2-5.4 with granite chin and/or KO Power.

• 1 month later...

I have a guy about 3 weeks away from turning 19 - he received 5 Def Grappling sessions this week 1 on 1 with a Double Elite WRE/BJJ Coach.

He has improved from Abysmal - to Feeble -- from those 5 sessions, what do you estimate his learning speed to be?

- Poor

- Below Avergae

- Average

- Above Average

- Good

Would appreciated someones insight on this so that I decide if its worth going on with the guy?

Thanks

I have a project just started I had put 15 in all physicals but conditioning I made that 100 or so now I had him train a general circuit 1 on 1 with elite coach and he is abysmal 2++ is that a decent speed or too hard to judge?

Don't use physicals to test learning speed.

And to clarify it, anything under 6 is is pretty slow, under 5 is super slow. Highest is 7.5

It's after a single 1-on-1 training session in the skill of your choice that is completely unraised or untrained while your fighter has 100% energy and 100% morale.

Then go to http://www.mmatycoon.com/mystatssnapshot.php

Select the skill you did your single session in from the dropdown.

Right click the colored bar representing his skill level in the skill and choose inspect.

You'll get something like <td width="4.0%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>

Then it's simple multiplication. 4% = 0.04, 150 (total possible skill value) * 0.04 = 6.

Most people seem to sack anyone below 5.5 unless they are 5.2-5.4 with granite chin and/or KO Power.

I tried this, my first guy yielded a 4.3% ie = 6.45, so I was chuffed until ....

I tested 2 other blokes and got a td background="images/barred.jpg" width='20.0%"></td> and td background="images/barred.jpg" width='20.6%"></td> - can't be right can it?

I tested on Knees, first time that I've trained this secondary and none of these guys have participated in a MT sparring session yet.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...

I have a guy about 3 weeks away from turning 19 - he received 5 Def Grappling sessions this week 1 on 1 with a Double Elite WRE/BJJ Coach.

He has improved from Abysmal - to Feeble -- from those 5 sessions, what do you estimate his learning speed to be?

- Poor

- Below Avergae

- Average

- Above Average

- Good

Would appreciated someones insight on this so that I decide if its worth going on with the guy?

Thanks

Not sure if you are still interested in this question, but I would say he is.... an average learner! Certainly not too slow. I assume you are talking about Halldorsson; he looks good with his granite chin. Keep him for sure.

EDIT: Two Americana's - nice, I've never had one of them before.

Not sure if you are still interested in this question, but I would say he is.... an average learner! Certainly not too slow. I assume you are talking about Halldorsson; he looks good with his granite chin. Keep him for sure.

EDIT: Two Americana's - nice, I've never had one of them before.

Thanks Mate, Yeah his my pride and joy!