takedowns utilized differently

Southpaw

I'd like to see an option for takedowns to be used when an opponent is weakened vs a straight percentage. I just lost a title fight to a guy with better BJJ, I had better wrestling and way better boxing. I set takedowns to 15%. Round 1 I throw 1 punch and take him down and get submitted. I think the percentage system is flawed in itself, but adding the extra slider for when you want to takedown would make it more real.

• Upvote 5

The % is an average over the whole fight. So setting to 1% TD's can still mean first move is a TD, usually doesn't happen but it can. Just means that 1 out of 100 moves is going to be a TD.

Not sure this idea of yours is even possible to be programmed, let alone easily. Mike would have to answer that.

• Upvote 2

I just find it weird that if I set takedowns to anything but 0 i take them down early, I set punches somewhere in the 40-50% range and takedowns to 10-15% and they takedown immediately. It doesn't make sense. It's not just takedowns either, in the clinch I set control to 10-15% and they seem to control more than punch as well. Using a ticket box vs slider for when to takedown might be better than a slider, but something should be done.

It's random rolls on an average, but if you are set to 10% TD then roughly somewhere between 1 and 10 moves they are likely to attempt a TD and if your as high as 15% then that's 1 attempt in 6.667 moves.

I have no idea how all this is programmed but they way it works I don't think this is easy for mike to do cause its random rolls that semi follow the % of the slider. I really don't think he can program it that way, but I could be wrong.

You can pretty much figure if you are between 10 to 15% on TD's that you will likely attempt on in the first 1.5 mins of the first round (usually).

Not really cause its still roughly 1 in 6 you want to be below 10% if you want it more infrequent. Go to the mobile view of the game and you can be more exact.

I use the mobile view. 1 in 6 doesn't sound like 15% to me. 15% to me sounds like almost never. I understand that it's roughly 1 in 6, but it doesn't make sense. If my car breaks down 15% of the time, it rarely breaks down. If I'm a carpenter and I hit my thumb 15% of the time, I almost never hit my thumb.

I guess you just don't follow the %'s. If you have setting at default where sliders are in the middle like 50% TD and 50% clinch, then out of 100 moves here is roughly the attempts it will do:

50 TD attempts

25 clinch attempts

12.5 combo's

3.1 head punches

3.1 body punches

3.1 head kicks

1.6 leg kicks

1.6 body kicks

It's all right there in actual %'s at the bottom, the sliders are in an order that's the reason both TD's and clinch attempts maybe set at 50% on the slider but because the TD is first it does 50 and then only 50% of the remaining moves are clinch attempts so (50% of the last remaining 50 moves are clinch attempts for a total of 25 attempts).

Since the TD slider is the first on, whatever % the slider is set at it will do that % in total moves.

So if you set to 15% TD's:

15 in 100 moves

1.5 in 10 moves

1 move in 6.6667 moves

Those are all the same 15% so if in fact your car does break down at a 15% rate you can expect it to break every 6.667 trips or hit your thumb every 6.667 swings

Look at the bottom of the screen below the sliders it will show the actual % of attempts per move in the graph/chart added, that is the reason mike added it as some people can't seem to follow that because the sliders have a hierarchy that the ones lower on the hierarchy aren't going to be as high on actual % as what the slider % says.

Not sure how to make it much clearer then that

• Upvote 1

I follow, you are missing my point. I always look at the bottom of the screen. 15% is low, that's my point, it shouldn't show in percentages is my point. It should say 1 time in every 6.667 moves, because that seems much higher than 15%. The point of this post was not about not understanding how it works. It's about changing it so it's more clear.

Not trying to pick on ya but I would think anyone with some math skills would/could figure out that 15% is 1 in 6.667 moves. Now maybe that don't seem like the same as 15 attempts in 100 moves (also 15%) but it is. 100 / 15 = 6.6667

I guess if you just didn't realize that 15% is 1 every 6.667 moves, you should slap your math teacher.

I kid, I kid as I had to do the math to get the exact number but had a rough idea of what it was.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see an option for takedowns to be used when an opponent is weakened vs a straight percentage. I just lost a title fight to a guy with better BJJ, I had better wrestling and way better boxing. I set takedowns to 15%. Round 1 I throw 1 punch and take him down and get submitted. I think the percentage system is flawed in itself, but adding the extra slider for when you want to takedown would make it more real.

You should've set control and advance to high