EVO 122: Silva vs LeMae

Who you got?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

EVO is proud to present EVO 122: Silva vs LaMae on 12th Oct 2014 and going to take place in Wombley Arena, London. This card doesn’t have any title fights on the line but there are many big names in the card who can please the crowd very well such as the former EVO 265+ lbs champion and the current TTFC 265 lbs and 265+ lbs champion in Daniel Silva who is headlining the event against the current AMS FC 265+ lbs champion in Curt LaMae. There are also some former EVO champions such as Patrick McWhiskey, Ken Oath and Christopher Samba fighting in the card. Don’t forget EVO fighters are always provide some high quality and exciting fights so this card is gonna be another great card!

155 lbs bout: Bruce Leeroy (34-21) (3-5 in EVO) vs Jean-Marc Mormeck (21-14) (6-6 in EVO)

First fight of the night we have two have to good veterans who already have some experience inside the EVO cage. Leeroy is losing two in a row so he needs to try his best to go back to the win column. Leeroy is an exciting fighter. His style is to knock guys out or get knocked out. He has a lot of power in his hands so he can score 22 (T)KOs in his career and the way he knocks guys out can be very interesting such as spinning back fist and superman punch KO so this fighter is really fun to watch. Leeroy is the one who bang but his counterpart Mormeck is the one to choke or snap. Mormeck is a very skillful ground fighter who has various submissions. Even though he just have 8 wins by submissions, when the fight hit on the mat, it’s Mormeck’s time. Sometimes you can’t judge a fighter’s ability with their finishing rate. We can stop worrying Leeroy is gonna get KO’d because he isn’t facing a hard hitter but Mormeck is facing a heavy hitter in Leeroy so with 7 career losses by (T)KO, Mormeck should get this fight to the ground asap or he will be Leeroy’s 23rd knocked out prey. Leeroy has many wins ended in the first round and Mormeck lost by first round (T)KOs in his last two losses so maybe Leeroy can expose his chin early of the round but actually Leeroy lost to a ground fighter like Mormeck before by Unanimous Decision and that fighter has much worse chin than Mormeck so I believe Mormeck can do the same thing, take Leeroy down and control him for three rounds. Mormeck is winning this one by Unanimous Decision.

Prediction: Mormeck by Unanimous Decision

170 lbs bout: Ninja Monk (33-22-1) (2-2 in EVO) vs Braylon Beswicke (33-20-2) (5-2-1 in EVO)

Coming up we have a clash between the former Ascension 185 lbs champion in Monk and the former TTFC 170 lbs and 185 lbs champion in Beswicke. Both men had really rich experience in those top-tier orgs so this fight is gonna be good. Monk is a quite

Interesting fighter who loves to strike at distance sometimes will clinch and take guys down but mainly a striker. Anyway, his gameplan is a bit confusing for his opponents. He has elite striking so in majority of his fights he just stand and bang. Beswicke is also a striker but a pure one. He has pretty good KO power with his hands and kicks. He is winning four in a row so he will be really confident coming to this fight against a tough fighter in Monk. This fight is inevitably an exciting striking battle but I can see the more well-rounded Monk is going to clinch to surprise him. Even though Monk is a better striker and he can just outstrike Beswicke and win this one but Monk also can clinch him to tire him for a while and make the fight easier in case he can’t outstrike Beswicke or being comfortable on his feet. For sure, this fight is tough for both men even though Monk can win it. Both men are tough as nails and they are really hard to get finished. It is gonna be a grueling fight with both men exchanging punches and kicks and Monk clinching with Beswicke and Monk will be the eventual winner.

Prediction: Monk by Unanimous Decision

155 lbs bout: Virgil Cid (29-11-1) (4-3 in EVO) vs Esko Takanen (47-25-2) (4-4 in EVO)

This is a battle between a 34 year old Cid and 41 year old Takanen. Both men are not young in the sport but they are very game. Especially Takanen, in 41 years of age, he is still fighting and keeps learning. Well, his chin is still epic. Cid has much less experience in fighting than Takanen but he is the one who should never be underestimated. Cid is an elite striker and has hell of toughness like Takanen. He never got (T)KO’d, just in Takenen and plus, he never tapped to anyone. Cid is a very technical striker with decent KO power but sometimes he lost to some more well-known strikers such as Noel Contemprato, Lance Templeton and Dumbass McWeakhands. Anyway, his skills and toughness can make him go through 3 or 5 rounds with those monsters. Talking about his counterpart who is also very tough, Takenen is losing 3 in a row and he needs this fight to prove that he isn’t only have toughness, he has a lot of power in his striking. Takanen is a heavy-handed striker who finished well-known grinder Gary Bunn by strikes and beat the legendary Otso Jokinen with his superior striking. With his win over those big names and more experience in fighting, Takenen will have an advantage fighting with Cid. Both men are made of titanium so this fight will go to the distance and will showcase their toughness like Gatti vs Ward or Jones vs Gustafsson. Anyway, with Takenen’s resume, I believe he will win this fight by a close decision. Cid is very talented but Takenen is a true veteran of the sport so I still think the 41 year old Takenen still can manage to win fights.

Prediction: Takenen by Unanimous Decision

185 lbs bout: Angelos Bellanova (13-2) (1-0 in EVO) vs Theo Atlason (33-15) (7-9 ,1NC)

This fight is truly a fight between a prospect and a veteran. With only 15 fights in his book, Bellanova already had a fight in EVO, which is very impressive. Atlason is a veteran in EVO, if the fight ended with NC doesn’t count, he has 16 fights in EVO. So Atlason’s fights in EVO is already more than all Bellanova’s fights and this fight is gonna be very fun. But the more crazier thing is: Atlason is just 2 years elder than Bellanova. As a 32 year old fighter, Bellanova’s record makes him looks like a 25 year old fighter but let’s not judge his experience, Bellanova is an elite striker who has nasty knees and kicks. In his EVO debut, he utilize his Muaythai knees impressively to beat Riley McCollins so we should keep an eye on him. Atlason is also a high level striker but not as Bellanova. He has 24 (T)KO wins so his experience in knocking guys out is very rich compare to Bellanova. Also, he has more experience in getting (T)KO’d too. He received 12 (T)KO losses in his career which Bellanova had never suffered before so Atlason should be more careful while fighting with this dangerous striker. I believe this fight will be interesting because Bellanova can strike at the distance and clinch for destruction and Atlason can knock guys out in many ways so I believe Bellanova can outstrike Atlason on his feet then gets the clinch and starts hurting Atlason with his powerful knees. With Atlason’s suspect chin, I believe Bellanova can knock him out in the first round with a huge knee to the jaw. Bellanova is for real.

Prediction: Bellanova by 1st round KO

265 lbs bout: Christopher Samba (33-12-2) (7-2 in EVO) vs Matt Dammon (33-14) (4-5, 1NC)

This is a rematch between two big strikers who have similar record in MMA career and inside the EVO cage but their styles are different. Samba is a technical striker and Dammon is a KO artist. Samba is the former #2 in 265 lbs division and the former EVO 265 lbs champion and he has some notable wins such as Austin Powers (twice), Mitchell Stehling and the former P4P #1 in Dustin Douglas. Even though those wins are by decision, Samba showcased his high level striking and the ability to hang out with those extremely powerful strikers. But he starts to fade as the undefeated champion in EVO after he lost to former P4P #1 in Carl Creel in Ascension by KO. Since then, he lost two more fights in a row against the former EVO 265 lbs champion in Constantine Titanus and Matt Dammon, the one he is revenging this Sunday night so Samba needs this fight to get out of the losing streak and proves that as the former champion, he is still a dangerous threat to the division but it’s not easy as Dammon is a cannon who has 31 wins by (T)KO in his 33 wins and he already beat Samba before so Dammon will have more confidence. Even though he couldn’t beat Mitchell Stehling and Austin Powers and recently lost to Njord Freyr, against the fading Samba, I believe Dammon can win this fight once again by TKO. Because seems like Samba can’t hang on with powerful strikers anymore. He used to be the #2 in the division and beat Douglas before but he is on a rough path in his career right now so he will lose again against this cannon who beat him before.

Prediction: Dammon by 1st round TKO

205 lbs bout: Viacheslav Datsik (32-16) (3-2 in EVO) vs Jia O Connor (17-6) (0-1 in EVO)

This fight between two fighters with a gap of 9 years in age. Datsik is a 37 year old fighter who still has big competiveness and KO power and O Connor is a young and well-rounded fighter who still has something to prove. Datsik recently lost to the legendary Smokudju Womba by Split Decision so he is no slouch. Datsik is a very good striker who prefers to box even though he has world class MT. Also he has dangerous dirty boxing which can be another great weapon to threaten O Connor. O Connor is well-rounded with heavy hands and technical submissions but I think he will need to get this fight to the ground and tries to tap Datsik out. Even though Datsik has a weak chin who gets (T)KO’d for 13 times, Datsik’s power is very dangerous for O Connor and I believe O Connor can enjoy the biggest advantage grounding him for three rounds. O Connor hasn’t finished guys by submissions for a long while but his counter wrestling will be a nightmare for Datsik. Let’s forget the experience gap between those two. With O Connor’s chin and his counter wrestling, I believe he can dominate Datsik. Also don’t forget Datsik is vulnerable in stand up even though he has better striking so I can see the younger O Connor will handle it very well and actually I can’t see Datsik getting KO’d because Datsik only lost to KO artist. Datsik is 37 and still game but it’s time for this youngster to shine.

Prediction: O Connor by Unanimous Decision.

155 lbs bout: John Yossarian (17-5-1) (1-0 in EVO) vs Metin Eroglu (20-6) (1-1 in EVO)

This is a fight between the long time RYZE veteran and the former RYZE 155 lbs and 170 lbs champion in Yossarian and the former EVO 155 lbs title challenger in Eroglu who just pulled off a great win over the toughest one Esko Takanen in EVO 119. As a former two-divisional RYZE champion, Yossarian is very impressive in his EVO debut which he tapped out the tough Sativa Sensei in the second round so he would like to keep the wins going against the dangerous Eroglu. Even though he tapped out Sensei impressively, he only has 2 submission wins in his book and he relies on the judges more actually with his wrestling and technical striking. Eroglu just pulled of a great win so his confidence will be really high. As the former EVO title challenger, Eroglu will need to win this one to extend his winning streak to two to let fans think that he is capable to challenge the title again. Eroglu is a great striker with elusive counter wrestling which he used to beat Takanen. Both men had never been finished by strikes so I can see this fight will go to the judges scorecard. Actually both men’s style are similar so this fight is gonna be tough to predict and I believe this fight will be competitive in both standing and on the ground but I think this time Eroglu will stick this fight standing because of Yossarian’s recent submission victories and Yossarian will mix It up with striking and ground game and with Yossarian’s more well-rounded performance, I believe it will grant him an Unanimous Decision victory.

Prediction: Yossarian by Unanimous Decision

265 lbs bout: Elias Eberhard (19-6) (0-2 in EVO) vs Ken Oath (29-12) (8-5 in EVO)

This is a fun 265 lbs fight between a wrestler in Eberhard and a striker in Oath. Who said in 265 lbs there are just KO artists? Eberhard is the one who would love to ground guys and pounds guys out with his nasty GnP. He is winless in EVO so he needs this fight to rebound and proves that he is still valuable in the biggest org in the world. But his challenge is gonna be huge as he is facing the former EVO 265 lbs champion and KO artist in Oath. With Eberhard’s better ground game overall and as a GnP wrestler, he should try his best to avoid standing with this monster and take this fight to the ground. He should soften him up or even finish him with those GnP too because he need this win so much. Anyway, Oath won’t let him to rebound easily. Oath has 25 wins by (T)KO of his 29 wins so he is proud of his KO power. He had beaten some top level strikes such as Kane Williams and Renzo Machida (twice) so Oath’s striking will make everyone scare of him. But Oath is in the downfall of his career. He lost 4 in his last 5 fights and all of his losses are by (T)KO against top strikers so maybe Oath will have some trouble against a heavy GnPer in Eberhard. Eberhard has been finished by top striker before against the former EVO champion in Constantine Titanus for the EVO title so I believe Oath can do the samething to Eberhard. Even though Oath is in the downfall, his takedown defense is still solid. He just had trouble against KO artist. With 86% takedown defense rate, I can’t see Eberhard taking Oath down easily and even will get finished on his feet like Titanus did to him. Even though he can take Oath down and with Oath’s 54% GnP defense rate, I have never seen Oath finished by ground strikes so Oath can get out of his downfall and rebound, but not Eberhard this time.

Prediction: Oath by 2nd round TKO

Co-main event

205 lbs bout: Patrick McWhiskey (30-10) (8-8, 1NC in EVO) vs Tolo Seia (32-13) (4-4 in EVO)
This is the co-main event of the evening ladies and gentlemen! The former EVO 205 lbs champion in McWhiskey is going to get out of his three fight losing streak against Seia, the one who he beat before. McWhiskey had faced the legendary Womba twice, KO artist Prijovic twice and the current 205 lbs champion in Esa Tikkanen so his experience against great fighters are pretty good but right now he is in his downfall since he lost four in a row early in this year. He can get out the losing streak that time but can he do the same thing again? McWhiskey is a KO artist who finished Womba before by strikes. Interestingly, he tapped Seia out with a kimura so is he gonna take Seia again in this fight? I believe he should do that because McWhiskey is vulnerable against powerful strikers and that’s why he took Seia down in their first meeting. Seia is a KO artist with 26 wins by (T)KO in his 32 wins. His KO power even make McWhiskey respected him so we know what Seia possesses in his hands. I believe McWhiskey will take Seia down again and try to submit him. Don’t forget McWhiskey tapped Seia out very easily. But this time I don’t think Seia getting tapped out easily because Seia should be more aware this time. I can see McWhiskey attempting takedowns early in the fight and both men exchanging bombs. With both men’s weak chin, someone will get rocked but I believe McWhiskey can get a takedown after he gets rocked and start using his ground game to tap Seia out. But I believe with Seia’s increased awareness, McWhiskey will need to pound him out like the current EVO 205 lbs champion AJ Hearts did to him. I am confident that McWhiskey can ground Seia again because Seia got taken down too easily. Even though his takedown defense rate is 77%, the way that McWhiskey took him down is quite incredible. So I believe McWhiskey will ground him again and use his GnP to finish Seia in the 1st round.

Prediction: McWhiskey by 1st round TKO

MAIN EVENT

265+ lbs bout: Daniel Silva (33-16-1) (6-3, 1NC in EVO) vs Curt LaMae (28-9) (1-0 in EVO)

This is the main event of the evening! And the crowd will go nuts because two tanks are going to explode each other! What can you expect from two huge guys trading bombs? Not only a KO but the chants from the crowd. Yes, goosebumps indeed! Who bring us those goosebumps? Daniel Silva and Curt Lamae! Silva earned the 265 lbs and 265+ lbs belt in TTFC after he earned the EVO 265+ lbs belt in his 10 fight EVO career. Right now, he is coming back to EVO stage and ready to shine again with 2 belts holding. Maybe Silva’s momentum is huge, what about LaMae who is holding the AMS FC 265+ lbs belt. He is also successful in his EVO debut against the KO artist Bas Severn so his momentum isn’t worse than Silva at all. Why I am gonna tell you this fight will end in the first round? Take a look at their record, in their 61 combined wins, they only have 5 wins which went to the distance and the rest are (T)KOs. That’s crazy to have 56 wins by (T)KO combined. Their career are combined by shitloads of KOs baby because they got finished by strikes 16 times combined too. So Cecil Peoples, Chris Lee and Sal D’Amato can take a rest and enjoy the KO. Who is getting the KO? I can’t make sure. Even though Silva is a slightly better boxer and he is dominating two divisions in TTFC, another top org of the world, LaMae is riding a 9 fight winning streak with 9 (T)KOs so recently he is knocking guys out like breathing. Anyway, Silva has faced many top strikers such as Brick Tires, Willy Stoppers, Rinky Spider and Convicted Killer so his experience is gonna help him to win this one. LaMae hasn’t faced some top challenges but Silva is a top fighter so this fight is gonna be tough for LaMae. Silva will knock LaMae out in the 1st round even though LaMae is winning 9 in a row. The level of competition is much higher for Silva. Even though he lost many of them, They are top strikers and LaMae is still has something to prove.

Prediction: Silva by KO in 1st round
  • Upvote 1

You two really need to get a room already so the rest of us don't have to be subjected to these needs the both of you appear to have and continue to share with the whole community!!

lol hes a good dude that has a sense of humor and homo tendencies