Feijao vs Babalu

Jah

YES SIR! I've been waiting on Feijao to get matched up with a top opponent, and for Babalu to face a tough striker who is competent on the ground and won't roll over for him. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I've been highly impressed by Feijao Calvancante's fights I've seen thus far. Can't even express how excited I am for this on in words.

Strikeforce is looking to put together some high quality shows, and they are off to a great start I would say. Extremely close fight to call and an interesting mesh of styles. Babalu has some great wrestling skills, if he learns to keep his hands up and slip punches he might be able to hang out on the feet long enough to get this down to the mat. I'll have to go watch some footage on both fighters tomorrow to see how this might go.

This is an excellent match up in that both fighters still will have a bright future regardless of who wins or loses. If Sobral walks away with the win, then it will show his progression in his overall development as a fighter to be able to deal with elite strikers in the division. If Calvancante takes this one, then it shows he can deal with the pressure of fighting someone who is arguably in the top 10, and also being able to handle someone who has strengths where his weaknesses lie. An all around great fight, I can't wait.

To pick a winner cold turkey, I'm going to say Rafael Calvancante via TKO (Round 2)

Greeeeeeeeat fight!

Both fighters are amazing, Feijão did a bulk up job, and is weighing around 115kg now, he'll need to drop to 93 to this fight, expect him coming HUGE!

But I think Babalu experience will make the difference, in his last fights his gameplan was simple amazing, and I think he'll do it again, Babalu is an extremely talented fighter, and now focused, is a hard thread to everyone.

I expect Babalu winning this one in the 3rd, by SUB, after a HELL of fight!

This is a HUGE step up in competition, many would say Babalu is in the top 5 for LHW's, Definitely top 10. I think the experience and just the skill of Babalu will give him the nod in this fight. If Babalu fights smart and tries to get this to the ground safely he should win this. If he tries to keep it standing too long then he could be in trouble.

This is a HUGE step up in competition, many would say Babalu is in the top 5 for LHW's, Definitely top 10. I think the experience and just the skill of Babalu will give him the nod in this fight. If Babalu fights smart and tries to get this to the ground safely he should win this. If he tries to keep it standing too long then he could be in trouble.

Perfect, I really agree with this breakdown, and I think he'll be smart enough to ot trade with Feijão, or he'll dream with him as he dream with Liddell every night..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'll be rooting for Babalu as always. Should be a great fight

Did you not read my post above yours?

Here is the card:

-Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields (catch-weight 182 lbs.)

-Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers

-Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith

-Joe Riggs vs. Phil Baroni

-Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Jared Hamman

-Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead

-Jesse Finney vs. Josh Bumgarner

-Tyron “Tabasco” Woodley vs. Sal Woods

-Scott Ventimiglia vs. Lucas Lopes

-Pat Benson vs. Dave Cochran

-Booker DeRousse vs. James Wade

Feijão is a bad dude, he was already a big guy, but he did an bulk up work, and now is pure muscle, is incredible..

He'll crush Hamman, and I hope he faces Babalu someday, this fight will be ...amazing :D

And yes, great card up here, hope that Dana doesnt screw with StrikeForce too :S

Here is the card:

-Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields (catch-weight 182 lbs.)

-Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers

-Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith

-Joe Riggs vs. Phil Baroni

-Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Jared Hamman

-Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead

-Jesse Finney vs. Josh Bumgarner

-Tyron “Tabasco” Woodley vs. Sal Woods

-Scott Ventimiglia vs. Lucas Lopes

-Pat Benson vs. Dave Cochran

-Booker DeRousse vs. James Wade

Overeem vs Rogers is official? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, someone is getting knocked out or maybe Alistair will be smart and bring Rogers to the ground, his ground game is untested.

I put in bold the fights I look forward to ( randleman will probably be a deception again though)

Overeem vs Rogers is official? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, someone is getting knocked out or maybe Alistair will be smart and bring Rogers to the ground, his ground game is untested.

I put in bold the fights I look forward to ( randleman will probably be a deception again though)

Yes sir! I get all my info off www.mmaworld.org the best MMA forum out there for finding out stuff.

I will be at the fights personaly since I live in STL......I will have TON'S of pics to post after the fight :mf_popcorn1: