EVO Presents: HW-SHW Fighter of the Year

why are we waiting 9 days to finalize entries? we got 8 now, lets get it going.

There were a couple of managers that messaged me they wanted part but needed to see their fight take place. I didnt want to turn away the possibility of having all the top guys if they could join. Maybe we dont wait 9 days but until the weekend and we close it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

There were a couple of managers that messaged me they wanted part but needed to see their fight take place. I didnt want to turn away the possibility of having all the top guys if they could join. Maybe we dont wait 9 days but until the weekend and we close it.

Who are you talking about? Why wont they post their fighters and intentions in the thread? Sounds like more shady EVO favoritism here. Lets get the thing going with the 9 guys we got minus one of bowsers two guys. Entering two fighters into a 8 man tournament and then saying they wont fight each other is beyond ridiculous, especially when they are the two highest ranked fighters.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Think Stu has a point to be fair, irrespective of whether JLPs guy conforms to Megas post.

I would take it that the event is for genuine giants, current big men fighting big men regularly, not in the distance past.

Devious JLP, like an evil genius.

However, would a victory in this event bring respect and kudos or could this interpretation and use of a loophole actually bring only bitterness, distrust and scorn from the tycoon community?

I will watch with interest on how this event proceeds.

he's on weight gain and meets all requirements Jug set out in the opening post. Thanks for your uninformed observation though...

Oh if I could be fucked to dig up your other thoughts on this from some other threads.... Something along the lines of "Org owners should be doing more to ensure fighters are fighting at the correct weights" - it's ok be a hypocrite..

Yes he makes the cut as per Jugs rules... That wasn't being disputed..

What is though is the fact he is a geniune LHW and not a HW or SHW...

Oh if I could be fucked to dig up your other thoughts on this from some other threads.... Something along the lines of "Org owners should be doing more to ensure fighters are fighting at the correct weights" - it's ok be a hypocrite..

Yes he makes the cut as per Jugs rules... That wasn't being disputed..

What is though is the fact he is a geniune LHW and not a HW or SHW...

He makes all requirements of jugs rules and is on weight gain. At this rate he will be 220-230 by the first fight.

Take your aussie pms some where else kid.

I just realized where all your aussie nerd rage is coming from. Oompa Loompa fights under weight all the time. You probably felt really self conscious and got all mad whenever I brought fighting underweight before, but just kept quiet because you were happy to finally have some success.

I could make the argument that you even bringing up the weight issue when the only good fighter youve ever had made his career fighting under weight is far more hypocritical.

Loompa has been underweight since the Goto fight.. That's 7 fights, great to see you've done your research.. Too much time on your hands... He dropped to that weight as cutting over 10 kilos to fight at 135lbs is not good for your fighter.. The fact I can't win with him on a regular basis is the reason why he is still at 145.. Can't exactly challenge the best when you have no hype to do it with...

There were a stack of guys at 135 who I wanted to beat with him - Silva, Azure, Vanilla Ice, Lomax... Yada yada yada.. That's why he dropped the weight in the first place...

We won't go into the fact the exploit is much more pronounced when your talking 60+ pounds as opposed to 5.5 pounds.. That doesn't suit your story now does JLP

i didnt do any research. i see a 139 fighter fighting at 145 for the last ten fights. managed by the same guy who is crying about a lhw who meets all of jug criteria moving up in weight to participate in a tournament.

I dont really have a story. I am moving a LHW who was once a HW back up to HW to participate in a tournament. then you, who has nothing to do with the tourney at all, started crying about lynch being underweight far before the match will even happen.

lynch will be in the 220s by the time the fight happens, thats HW. lynch meets all criteria jug established for contenders. no reason for you to get all upset.

Loompa has been underweight since the Goto fight.. That's 7 fights, great to see you've done your research.. Too much time on your hands... He dropped to that weight as cutting over 10 kilos to fight at 135lbs is not good for your fighter.. The fact I can't win with him on a regular basis is the reason why he is still at 145.. Can't exactly challenge the best when you have no hype to do it with...

There were a stack of guys at 135 who I wanted to beat with him - Silva, Azure, Vanilla Ice, Lomax... Yada yada yada.. That's why he dropped the weight in the first place...

excuses, excuses, excuses

hypocrite

Yep massive hypocrite right here.. Cause I'm abusing the exploit to its fullest... That 5.5lbs I'm stealing will give me a massive 0.0078765 advantage... I can admit it... You though, nope.

show the math you used to come up with that ridiculous number. i think you made it up and are intellectually dishonest.

Lynch will be in the 220s by the time the first round starts. Thats HW. Only someone with a bizarre agenda who is dishonest would say otherwise.

show the math you used to come up with that ridiculous number. i think you made it up and are intellectually dishonest.

Lynch will be in the 220s by the time the first round starts. Thats HW. Only someone with a bizarre agenda who is dishonest would say otherwise.

You're fighting an underweight fighter in a division... End of story.. Clearly the number is made up and clearly it's made up to illustrate the fact that is known by anyone with half a clue - the higher you go up in weight the greater the advantage to the exploit there is...

You can spin whatever story you like about the weight gain yada, yada, yada.. The fact still remains much like me you're a hypocrite.. Own that fact JLP

I'll cut either of my guys out, I don't care at all.

The weight thing is true though, using a guy far underweight will remove the body gassing issue, while our fighters will still have it and gives a massive speed advantage. I'm not a fan, sign up a true HW if you're entering, no skirting the rules.

I'll cut either of my guys out, I don't care at all.

The weight thing is true though, using a guy far underweight will remove the body gassing issue, while our fighters will still have it and gives a massive speed advantage. I'm not a fan, sign up a true HW if you're entering, no skirting the rules.

i read the rules and my fighter clearly makes all of jugs prerequisites. re-read them and tell me how he doesnt. the only skirting in here is the one stu put on this morning when he started complaining.

Still can't admit you're being a bitch?? Fact are facts dickhead..

JLP pulls a bitch move to try and get a tourney win - most likely has something to do with the fact that Ethan is widely regarded as a much better Tourney manager than him..

i like when you get angry stu. fact is lynch meets all qualifications that jug set and is on weight gainer.

I am enjoying your nerd rage, keep it coming.

No doubt he meets the criteria that isn't the point Bowser and Stu are making.

Everyone understands Jugs intentions but you JLP have spotted a loophole, a flaw in his explanation of his intention for this event.

Was Jug trying to get the big boys, the real juggernaut fighters together so the body gassing isn't an issue?

The credibility of the event is in jeopardy unless Jug issues an addendum, closes the loophole and provides a platform for the big men to fight without the midgets using the body gassing trick.

Cunning by JLP though, Jug needs legal advice before posting tourney rules.