What the hell? - slow learner mania!

Bwang

I've tested some of mine and the results were 4.35, 4.5 and 4.80. Is this worth keeping?

You'll need something around 15-19 months of training time (1 on 1) to make them competitive in better orgs (couple of sens-elite secondaries).

Anyway, when you are speaking about learning speed, what's your lowest ID (the oldest) of created fighter?

I'm not sure what's learning speed of my three latest created fighters, cause I don't remember values, but Uthe (245k) has 7+, Vaas (246k) has 6.5+, while Haaken (243k) has something around 6.

So, maybe you all have bad luck? I remember when I had to create fighters for Rory's GONY. I created couple of fighters and only two of them has decent learning, 2 or 3 fighters have had 5.5 or lesser (and I sacked them all, mwahahaha).

• Upvote 1

You'll need something around 15-19 months of training time (1 on 1) to make them competitive in better orgs (couple of sens-elite secondaries).

Anyway, when you are speaking about learning speed, what's your lowest ID (the oldest) of created fighter?

I'm not sure what's learning speed of my three latest created fighters, cause I don't remember values, but Uthe (245k) has 7+, Vaas (246k) has 6.5+, while Haaken (243k) has something around 6.

So, maybe you all have bad luck? I remember when I had to create fighters for Rory's GONY. I created couple of fighters and only two of them has decent learning, 2 or 3 fighters have had 5.5 or lesser (and I sacked them all, mwahahaha).

My oldest is a 228K and the youngest is a 250k

So, Mike didn't changed anything, you are all having bad luck with rolls on the learning speed. Probability of rolling values between 1-150 is the same. So, it's possible that I could roll three fighters with 6.5+ while someone can get three fighters with learning below 5. But having a guy with 5 or higher is not a death sentence when he has good hiddens and you have patience.

Perhaps we could increase the minimum learning speed to (eg) 4 or 4.5 or something, so at least you know your guy isn't goin to be physically retarded.
By no means would I like to see a drastic change but just a slight increase.

The average manager on this game probably sticks around for less than a year, Im guessing. Maybe its because of how long training up a fighter takes. Because as said before it can be years to have a top fighter and I am sure there are plenty of new managers who take months to figure out how to even train their fighters in the first place, by the time they do figure everything out they probably think "screw this, am I really gonna go through the sack/create/training process all over again. Not only am I burning RL cash, I am using up RL time as well! I'm out..". But thats coming from a guy who did give away all his cash, fighters, companies only to come back two months later lol. But hopefully y'all get my point...

MAYBE a couple tweaks to the speed of the game could make a difference...

Here is why I don't mind slow learners... http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=185323

I picked this guy up just to finish a contract. He has basically, maxed out. He gets barely any gains from training. I'm talking 0.1 gains in a primary in a week if I focus on it. But in exchange he seems to be a monster. When I picked him up his strength was pretty low, and he was still knocking guys out.

Well Snowman, he obviously packs a good whallop in his fists and having KO power can definitely overcome slow learning as well as other less favorable attributes. Good luck in your next fight because his opponent is definitely a beast

Snowman, it's clear your guy has awesome KO power no doubt. But he is a KT fighter meaning he need a lot less skills than a normal fighter. KT is a good place to put a slow learner though, good idea!

• Upvote 1

Snowman, it's clear your guy has awesome KO power no doubt. But he is a KT fighter meaning he need a lot less skills than a normal fighter. KT is a good place to put a slow learner though, good idea!

Oh that's not a question at all. He would be crap outside of KT. But, with KT that gives you something to think about; if he is such a slow learner, theres always a chance those points are in hiddens like ko's, confidence, and heart. Also I will be the first to admit I did NOT have to train him...