Title Shot.

RichyRandy

Excuse the newcomer question but is hype or popularity more important when choosing a title contender (at whatever level). Or is it more common for people to do it off their P4P number?

Hype and Pop are equally important. The higher the hype+pop of a fighter, the more tickets they will sell.

Most orgs tend to do a mixture of P4P rank and Hype/Pop. I usually go with making a list of suitable title challengers based on win streak/P4P rank, and then choose the one with the highest Hype/Pop as they will sell the most tickets.

• Upvote 2

The ORG Manager told me he can compete for the title if he wins his next fight.Do you guys agree with that or maybe too soon?

Presumably you would look at the champion and as long as his skill set and if it is reasonably within your fighters level then it is worth a go.

(I again make the assumption that declining fights that are completely inequal is an acceptable thing to most org owners or a deal is sorted out to sweeten the situation when going in as a heavy underdog).

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w20.jpg

(3-0-0)

Do you guys think he deserves a title shot?

Fighter Profile:http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=264314

It's a very new org and the champ has only recently been crowned. I have a guy in that division too who would be in contention for a shot any time soon in my opinion. We are all of similar ID so have equal potential to be good fighters. Hopefully we'll get our turn. (And then my dude keeps the belt for years....)

• Upvote 1

Is popularity maintained once it hits a sufficient level (or at least bottoms out at a higher prescribed level) once a fighter becomes famous enough?

In the same way that Tito Ortiz has not been relevant as a top contender for years but still shifts a lot of tickets.

Hype and Pop generally stays at the level it is at, but losing fights will drop your hype and pop

Not fighting for prolonged periods of time will see a decrease in hype/pop over time though, although I don't know how much.

The ORG Manager told me he can compete for the title if he wins his next fight.Do you guys agree with that or maybe too soon?

Skill wise, I would say train a bit more before fighting for the title. Once you become a champion, a lot of org owners take the stance that you should accept all challengers regardless of skill differences

More questions...yay!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=717075 should this have been FOFN?Or maybe not?

Low Fight Rating

Doubt it, especially as you won each round 30-27

• Upvote 1

Hype and Pop generally stays at the level it is at, but losing fights will drop your hype and pop

Not fighting for prolonged periods of time will see a decrease in hype/pop over time though, although I don't know how much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low Fight Rating

Doubt it, especially as you won each round 30-27

Does this mean that popularity can return to absolute zero even if a fighter has previously been 50% popular? Hype can collapse but it would seem highly unlikely that absolute popularity would disappear completely. Dan Severn has been living off his mid-90s popularity for the past two decades.

How is the fight score calculated? Does having a big finish impact the score? What about type of match up?

Does this mean that popularity can return to absolute zero even if a fighter has previously been 50% popular? Hype can collapse but it would seem highly unlikely that absolute popularity would disappear completely. Dan Severn has been living off his mid-90s popularity for the past two decades.

How is the fight score calculated? Does having a big finish impact the score? What about type of match up?

Hype and Pop drops at an extremely low rate I think, to the point you don't need to worry about it.

Fight Score is randomly calculated, nobody except Mike Tycoon (Creator and Owner of the game) really knows how they are done

Hype and Pop drops at an extremely low rate I think, to the point you don't need to worry about it.

Fight Score is randomly calculated, nobody except Mike Tycoon (Creator and Owner of the game) really knows how they are done

However if a fighter goes on a losing streak (which appears to drop pop/hype distinctly quicker) then you could have a previously highly popular fighter become a no-one once again. Does that not make it difficult to maintain gatekeepers that are so important in judging prospects from pretenders?

Do we know if the fight score effects/affects the increase/decrease in pop/hype or is it non-effectual integer.

Fight score affects nothing.

So why is it a secret (unless it would give away how to perfect the game which seems unlikely as there must be a great deal of variables).

In Tim's 2nd fight,with useless G&P,he won via G&P,Now with Woeful G&P do you think he can pound in another face?

A) Surely that is dependant on how good your opponent is on the ground and B) is it wise to admit who good a fighter is when your opponent could read it here.

So why is it a secret (unless it would give away how to perfect the game which seems unlikely as there must be a great deal of variables).

A) Surely that is dependant on how good your opponent is on the ground and B) is it wise to admit who good a fighter is when your opponent could read it here.

Because if it was clear on how to achieve perfection in everything, this game would get boring really fast

Because if it was clear on how to achieve perfection in everything, this game would get boring really fast

Without wanting to sound daft (which I am supremely unsuccessful), surely it is basically impossible to be perfect as there is an uncontrollable dynamic from your opponents slider setting that would mean one setting is only perfect for one very specific scenario?