Shooto Breakdown

Rain

Hi everyone and welcome to the 1st edition of Shooto Breakdown!!! In these special TV shows we will break down the big fights happening in Shooto (265k) ID organisation, we will analyze how these two fighters fight, what strenghts and weaknesses do they have, and more!

Introducing the 1st Host of the show, the current MMA Helsinki Bantamweight Champion, former EMMA, Invictus and Conflict Bantamweight champion, the humble grappling machine from Cote De Ivoire - "The Ghost" Fantinaz Del Norte, managed by Shiftas!!!

And now, introducing the 2nd host of the show - the eccentric, charismatic fighter that continues to prove the world of USFC that he's their future Featherweight champion, a ferocious striker from Dublin, Ireland - Grant "The Sensational" Knight, managed by Rain!!!

Shooto Breakdown 1

Fantinaz: On January 21st, in The Underground - Helsinki... It's fight time!!!!!!! 20 new prospects gathered from all around the globe will fight in Shooto Ring to introduce themselves to the fight fans and to develop their young careers. With all the decent fights booked, we have some that really stand out - and such is the Main Event of the evening - a Lightweight bout between John "Wicked" Wick (3-0) and Winston Ever (1-0).

Grant: Yes, this is a very stylistically interesting fight: both fighters have pretty even skills on paper, but John is definetly more experienced, since he had more fights.

Fantinaz I think that John's strenght is his grappling - the way that this guy sets up takedowns is phenomenal! This guy doesn't really have some big wrestling background, but he tosses his opponents around extremely well. Let's take a look at his fight against Isaac Hopkins - he landed all 8/8 takedowns: 4 of them were from the outside, while other 4 were from the clinch. Just look at that trip takedown he got from the clinch, very nice shift of his bodyweight - he leaned onto him with all of his weight while tripping the leg and got a beautiful takedown here to side control.

Grant Let's not forget, that even though John's has showcased good wrestling skills in this fight, it actually ended by way of KO for John Wick! I want you to take a look at this - he feints with a kick, then crashes him with a right followed up with a left and knocks him out! It nice work here, but I think that John is throwing too much combinations here and is leaving himself open for counters. He's swinging a bit too wildly but I think this can be changed and he will tighten himself up.

Fantinaz What do you think about his last 12 second victory by KO?

Grant Outstanding work - the guy fell asleep right after those two combinations. This is his most beautiful performance yet, and I'm guessing there's more to come!

Fantinaz I agree with you mate, but let's not forget the other fighter, a danger in the name of Winston Ever!

Grant He only had 1 fight, which he won by KO, but I can say only that the guy throws a lot of high volume combinations. His combinations are strong, but they require a lot of gas out of him, which is why I'd say he needs to pop out the jab a little bit more. Also, his combinations are a bit predictable, but I may be really wrong. He was throwing similar combinations over and over in his last fight, but it may have been so because they were very succesful. Maybe he'll change it up against Wick and catch him off guard with some unprepared techniques.

Fantinaz When talking about Winston's fight, you really have to mention his takedown defense - he stuffed all 14 of his opponents takedowns. Take a closer look at this: right after he throws that hook, see how quickly he reacts, gets his hands low and sprawls? That is good reaction and timing on his takedown defence which can be a deciding factor in a fight against John Wick. Failed takedowns might tire John out and lead Winston into a KO victory!!!

Grant That's right man, he's really got anticipation for those takedowns and he defends them well. If he backs it up with punches then he might walk out with a KO victory in our first Shooto Main Event. What do you say?

Fantinaz I'm thinking that John's fascinating takedowns will be too much for him and Winston will lose by Unanimous Decision? What are your thoughts, fight fans? Vote in this forum thread now!!!!!

All right, thank you all guys for watching, I hope to see you guys in The Underground - Helsinki on January 21st for our first Shooto event. This has been Shooto Breakdown 1, I hope you enjoyed it!!!

Se Si "The Sand Storm" Xuite (266499), recent middleweight Shooto signee, reached out for an exclusive interview on his thoughts on the card.

'There are some really amazing fights. Wick up aganist Ever might just steal the show. But it's a stacked 185 division, and this Shooto -1 card really shows that. Mendez against Papantoniou is going to be a huge fight. I would love to test my skills against either warrior some day. It's all on the road to a title; on being the greatest!'

When asked on a potential drop to welterweight where Shooto has a lack-in-talent, Xuite quickly replied:

'It's defently a possibility. I'm very light for middleweight as it is, but then again, I do have the speed and agilty too. So we'll see what the match-makers think down the road. For now, I'm just going to keep training to get better and better'.

Se Si "The Sand Storm" Xuite (266499), recent middleweight Shooto signee, reached out for an exclusive interview on his thoughts on the card.

'There are some really amazing fights. Wick up aganist Ever might just steal the show. But it's a stacked 185 division, and this Shooto -1 card really shows that. Mendez against Papantoniou is going to be a huge fight. I would love to test my skills against either warrior some day. It's all on the road to a title; on being the greatest!'

When asked on a potential drop to welterweight where Shooto has a lack-in-talent, Xuite quickly replied:

'It's defently a possibility. I'm very light for middleweight as it is, but then again, I do have the speed and agilty too. So we'll see what the match-makers think down the road. For now, I'm just going to keep training to get better and better'.

Your wish to fight is granted - Mohammad Babah on January 28th is yours ;)