Understanding the New "Predict Opponent Tactics" Feature

Death

I understand the purpose of it, and it seems to make sense.

I just don't understand how to execute it.

For example, let's say my fighter is a striker with mediocre grappling and I'm facing a strong grappler.

I'm going to assume that this fighter is going to try to get the game to their level, using takedowns, the clinch, whatever, to get it to the ground. I only make this assumption based on stats.

So I set his predictions accordingly.

Despite my fighter having great takedown defense and reasonable grappling, he doesn't seem to execute his gameplan.

What exactly does this feature do? Does your fighter need a hidden like "knows how to adapt gameplan," high IQ, or experience? I guess I'd like to know about how it works.

We all have an insight what the opponent fighter will do most time. Sometimes, we are wrong. But, if we are right our fighter can defend the opponent better. "knows how to adapt gameplan" is good only when your fighter is intelligent and high "See how it goes" in fight tactics.

• Upvote 1

fighter can defend against the opponent better.

Even if your fighter knows what's coming he may not be able to stop it

Personally I think a high SHIG should be saved for fighters with a known high IQ or enough fights under their belt that you feel they have the experience to go it alone. Shig is an important part of the prediction sliders in my book.

maybe you can find an answere to your question here.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46930&hl=%2Bprediction+%2Bsliders

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply folks.

I guess that makes sense. It's just frustrating to see a BJJ brown belt get submitted by a blue belt, especially when you accurately predicted tactics, and went with a proven gameplan. But I don't take too much stock in belts.

I don't think I'll be using the feature, but I'll give it more thought.

Think of a brown belt awarded from frank dux and then a blue belt from gracie. Not relevant to the game just find it funny when some people claim to be black belt irl.

Now prediction sliders are irrelevant on the ground and in the clinch because there are none. Now your guy being submitted while higher ranking in bjj. Consider their secondaries like submissions, def grapple, flexibility, cardio, and intelligence. I think even height matters. Long limbs..short stocky horseneck lol just a theory

Lastly I think intelligence affects 'adapt to fight' option in the prediction settings as well.

• Upvote 1

Think of a brown belt awarded from frank dux and then a blue belt from gracie. Not relevant to the game just find it funny when some people claim to be black belt irl.

This is blasphemy!

we all know that Frank is the most true ninja to ever walk this planet!

For the prediction sliders:

Lets say i want to keep the fight on the feet at any costs.

Is it a good idea to overestimate the opponents takedown-amount on purpose?

So i might take some of his punches, but i am really prepared for his takedowns?

good idea or bad one?

I'd say good because your not scared of his strikes...unless you are

and for Frank Dux I can't believe his story as much as I want to.. bloodsport being one of my favorite movies. But I feel he is as fake as seagal

You have part of it correct.... Dux is a fake... Seagal has studios in Japan and is in the bbhof. if I remember correctly... Movies are movies and I find it amusing that the one guy that could have put it all correct decided to be a movie star himself and not worry. Dulph.

Now prediction sliders are irrelevant on the ground and in the clinch because there are none. Now your guy being submitted while higher ranking in bjj. Consider their secondaries like submissions, def grapple, flexibility, cardio, and intelligence. I think even height matters. Long limbs..short stocky horseneck lol just a theory

Lastly I think intelligence affects 'adapt to fight' option in the prediction settings as well.

Yeah, there are a lot of McDoJos out there. Most people claiming to be a black belt IRL are full of shit. In any discipline.

Interesting. I usually go with (when creating) taller fighters for striking, shorter for grappling. And that's been mostly working.

A 94 IQ is slightly below average, I think...in real life it is. So since I've had my first fighter IQ test, I know what fighter NOT to use that on.

I experimented unsuccessfully with the feature again today, and I think I'm about done with it.

This is blasphemy!

we all know that Frank is the most true ninja to ever walk this planet!

For the prediction sliders:

Lets say i want to keep the fight on the feet at any costs.

Is it a good idea to overestimate the opponents takedown-amount on purpose?

So i might take some of his punches, but i am really prepared for his takedowns?

good idea or bad one?

I would think that if you do that (overestimate takedowns), then your fighter is going not going to be "standing" enough, and thus, not counterstrike or counterclinch much.

I think maybe it comes down to me being outclassed. Let's say you're Little Mac in Punch Out, and you set your counter strike at 100%. You're still fighting Mike freakin Tyson, and that's about all there is to that.