The funny/unbelievable/shameless story about yourself topic

Turbodave222

so everybody has a good story about something you experienced in real life. Share it with your fellow tycooners. i'll start :)

When i was a 20 y old male full of testosteron (14 years ago), i was on a heavy drinking spree with some friends. We were all very drunk, and were walking to our transportation home, when we passed a school. Around the school was a high fence of 2 meters.

One of my mates challenged me to do the most pull ups on that fence. Offcourse my male instinct kicked in and i accepted the challenge. Jumped on the fence, and started pulling up^, he did also.

He did a few, quited and jumped of the fence. As soon as i saw he gave up, i let me drop also. But what i didnt see was there were spikes on top of the fence, and that was were i was holding the fence. i had a ring on my ringfinger from my girlfriend. My ring stuck over one of the spikes when i let me drop. it ripped all the flesh of my finger.

Pissed as i was, i didnt notice it immediately, i did feel some pain, but i thought it was only a scratch.

When i got to the car, i looked at my hand, and saw only the bone of my finger ;( immediately the biggest panic and pain i ever experienced.

So all my pissed friends go looking for the finger, but we dont find him. They rush me to the E.R, they turn back to look again for the finger, and they find him. Back to the hospital, where they had already put me in sleep. they gave the finger to the nurses.

the next morning i wake up with a bandage so big it seems my finger is back in one piece. The nurse comes in, i'm extactic thanking the nurse for rescuing my finger. She gets a wondered look on her face, and tells me it wasnt saved, it had been too long time in the cold and had died of, there was no blood running through it when they stitched it back on, so they had to take it back off.

So now i'm a 9 fingered dude :(

few months later when i passed that place, i found my ring back, with a piece of dried skin on it :D i still have the ring in my car to remember that crazy night

(true story guys)

• Upvote 2

Damn, that's harsh. I wonder how many other people have lost one of their digits because of doing something stupid while drunk lol. I know all about drunken stupidity, in my 20s I was thrown in the drunk tank 3 times, 2 of those times were on New Years Eve of all nights. I'm a pretty mellow guy normally but something about that night always seemed to bring out the worst in me haha! NYE is a pretty crazy night to be thrown in the tank, let's just say it gets full to the point of not even having any wall space left to lean on. Imagine a jail cell jam packed full of guys all of which are drunk out of their minds, trapped and nowhere to go. I remember a guy getting thrown in wearing nothing but a potato sack. WTF I can only imagine what kind of night he had!

I had made a potato gun out of a 2 liter soda bottle, ducktape, grill starter, and hairspray. I shot off a couple potatos with no prob, and went to shoot another when the grill starter wouldn't spark after i sprayed hairspray in it. SO I unscrewed the bottle top to look into the bottle and see if the end of the starter was still next to the nail stuck in the bottle. Soon as i clicked the starter a fireball shot straight into my face and burnt off pretty much all the hair on half my face, even my eyelashes were burnt. So i was forced to buzz cut my hair,shave my goatee and had only one eyebrow for a few weeks. I haven't messed with a potato gun since.

• Upvote 2