when to fight projects

SpizzEnergi

Been in the game almost 1 yr... Still don't know what I'm doing but I'll get there.

Anyway, I have a couple of guys who fight but the rest are projects, some have been training for almost 1yr. My plan is long term... play with different builds and train them up.

I'm in no hurry, but when should I start looking for orgs to sign them?

I will typically run a QFC or 2 upon creation to see what the hiddens are like.. then once they get to about 950ish points, I'll QFC em again until they get 4 or 5 wins (or something ugly rears its head). Then I'll train the physicals.. THEN I look for a fight org.

• Upvote 1

When I first made project fighters I was too new to the game so I baked my guy, training him for over a year. And when I thought I finally had my monster. I started to fight only to get the lesson that he wasn't that great of a fighter. He won a few fights but then he ran into the real fighters and he just had nothing to show for it. So from that day I learned that you had to test your fighter along the way. Not only to see what they are made of but also to build up the hype because it will be very difficult to find fights fora guy that is highly trained but has no hype. It's just not a good situation.

What I do now days is I fight them straight away from creation to see what they show on tott. If they are promising I train them to 950 points and I have a few more fights just to get the hype up. Now with QFC orgs and fixed ID orgs it's not as bad and you can train them a little longer and go to one of those orgs instead and have a fight. (hate it when I missed the mark and over trained them to 1000 points so they are forced to use a lvl 2 qfc). Then i train them for about 2 fighter years. Doing physicals and rounding out their skills. So when they are close 20. That is when I sign them to their first org. I fight about once every 20-30 days with them. Because you will want to build the hype up like I said and you will also need to test them out. Make sure you sign with a ID restricted org. Contracts are usually 4 fights which is a good test. If they prove themself to have the right quality (win or lose) then that's when the real training begins. By now your fighter will have decent hype and can go into full training camp because you'll know what they are made of and if the time invested in them is worth it. Nothing sucks more than to train a fighter for 1-2 years irl only to get smashed right after. Make sure they are worth the time before you commit!

• Upvote 2