PEDs, TRT and MMA

Well, recently there's bee n this scandal of PED use in MMA. What's ur point of view on this ?

Personally I think using of PED is a disgrace to any sport. May be TRT too.

and another thing is why the bout between Anderson and Diaz wasn't ruled a NC, but Lombard vs Burkman was ruled a NC ?

My view on TRT is this. I get people needing to take it so that they can be healthy. But if your job is to fight and you need TRT you should re-consider the job.

I'd love for MMA to be a clean sport and no one taking drugs to give them a boost, but lets ace it that will never happen. People will always try to gain an advantage

• Upvote 3

My view on TRT is this. I get people needing to take it so that they can be healthy. But if your job is to fight and you need TRT you should re-consider the job.

I'd love for MMA to be a clean sport and no one taking drugs to give them a boost, but lets ace it that will never happen. People will always try to gain an advantage

If org owners TRULY cared. It would be possible to stamp out 90% of dirty fighters. However, the UFC doesn't give a shit as long as they make money and their fighters look good. Of course they have to do the half assed testing the athletic commision does. But if they cared, they could with a good amount of testing.

But no, they want their fighters to perform better as that means better fights.

• Downvote 1

why the bout between Anderson and Diaz wasn't ruled a NC, but Lombard vs Burkman was ruled a NC ?

I don't know much about the legal situation here ... but this sounds unfair right ?

why the bout between Anderson and Diaz wasn't ruled a NC, but Lombard vs Burkman was ruled a NC ?

I don't know much about the legal situation here ... but this sounds unfair right ?

This is a time table delay opposed to a conspiracy.

The Nevada Athletic State Commission (NASC) has to go through a series of pre-defined procedures before a change can be made.

In the early February meeting, both fighters were handed a temporary suspension so a full inquiry was requested. Both fighters were then suspended later in the month. Both fighters are then given 30 days to appeal. Once that is over (I believe that will be in roughly a week) then someone on in the NASC can propose a motion to make the contest an NC (at there next meeting). Assuming the motion passes, then the contest will be officially declared a No Contest.

• Upvote 1

Just legalise PEDs, make it mandatory for fighters to declare what they use though.

Legalising it would give an unfair advantage to the guy who "will do most shit". I prefer as clean as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The current system already gives an advantage to the guy who does the most shit without getting caught.

True, but that is exactly why longer bans are needed as i commented earlier in this thread. The penalty for PED abuse should be so big that it isn't worth it, monetarily or elsewise.

I just don't like the fact that succeding in this sport should (almost) automatically demand that ur "roided to the gills". That's unsportsmanlike, dangerous and not what martial arts is about, at least not for me.

True, but that is exactly why longer bans are needed as i commented earlier in this thread. The penalty for PED abuse should be so big that it isn't worth it, monetarily or elsewise.

I just don't like the fact that succeding in this sport should (almost) automatically demand that ur "roided to the gills". That's unsportsmanlike, dangerous and not what martial arts is about, at least not for me.

All sports are like that. Before you talk about longer bans again, just think of how many athletes in sports with much more advanced anti-doping than MMA didn't get pinged until well after their careers (Armstrong is far from the only one).

TRT And PEDs should b banned full stop. If this is truly about the greatest MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS- then i only wanna see people with real talent get in the cage.

People should have been more up in arms when GSP left for this very reason, but a docile audience that just want blood and KO's aint tryna hear that.

People on TRT should not be fighting, end of. And the UFC clearly know that a lot of their roster are juiced up- and now they are throwing a few under the bus. You really think they had no input into telling their docs to giv Anderson Silva PEDs to speed up recovery- and then they bust him?! All after the guy said he just wants to fight 'big-fights' and not contend for the title! He's not a cash cow for them anymore as they cant hype him in terms of going for the belt.

A lot of dodgy stuff going on but its simple- totally random drug testing for all of the roster at any time with a mandatory target of 7/8 a month to start with. Yes there are some on highly advanced stuff- but such is life sometimes.

• Downvote 1

All sports are like that. Before you talk about longer bans again, just think of how many athletes in sports with much more advanced anti-doping than MMA didn't get pinged until well after their careers (Armstrong is far from the only one).

You're right in the fact that it's an universal problem in sports. I still don't think that "beacause others do it, then we should too".

It's also a lot more dangerous in MMA as the sport is about hurting your opponent, and thus possibly causing your opponent life-long damage. You thinking about fighting a guy on roids makes me uncomfortable.

• Downvote 1

Just legalise PEDs, make it mandatory for fighters to declare what they use though.

well, PED is ok it seems nowadays, when compared to bad decisions given out by Brazilian judges to the favor of their fighter .. and some referees screwing up the foreign fighter ..... seems like this happens mostly in Brazilian cards :D

btw, I don't hink allowing the usage of PED is good for a sport .... it will never be. What should be done is through testing, random, pre-fight and post fight ... and strict penalties for the users of PED despite of how popular or how good a career they had already in mma, and obviously despite of favor ( specially considered the Brazilian fighter and their commissions )

• Downvote 1

The idea of PED's would not be respected by a TRUE Martial "ARTIST", For he believes that everything you need is within, it only needs to be honed and polished to see its' natural form and beauty. A PED would only tarnish your artwork in the long run.

MIAGI: either Karate do or Karate do not, if you Karate que-so, *squish* just like grape.

:shades:

• Downvote 1

TRT And PEDs should b banned full stop. If this is truly about the greatest MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS- then i only wanna see people with real talent get in the cage.

The greatest martial artist is the guy who used a stick when others used fists. Who used a sword when others had sticks. Who used a gun when others had swords. Who used PEDs when the others were clean.

If it's a sheer competition of martial arts - the guy who creates the advantage is the winner.

• Upvote 2