Analyze My Training Schedule!

kornflakes

Hi guys! I just want to get your take on my training schedule for my fighters. Specifically, I'd like to get your opinion if I'm overtraining them, oversparring or missing out on some key training. So my training schedule would go like this:

Mon
AM - Boxing Sparring
PM - Specific Training Under Boxing

Tues
AM - BJJ Sparring

PM - Specific Training Under BJJ

Wed

AM - Physical Attribute Training
PM - Rest

Thurs
AM - Muay Thai Sparring
PM - Specific Training Under Muay Thai

Fri

AM - Wrestling Sparring
PM - Specific Training Under Wrestling

Sat
AM - Rest
PM - Rest

Of course Sunday is obviously all rest. This isn't a fixed sched for all of my fighters but I try to do it like this. The schedule is flexible based on the sparring schedule of the gym and the number of fighters training so I get the best that I can. What you can see from my example is that I try to get sparring for all of my overall skills (Boxing, BJJ, MT and Wrestling) and then get specific attribute training which depends on who my fighter is up against. I also have 1 session dedicated for my physical attributes so I can also level them up.

Right now, I think it's going great for me. From what I saw from Tycoon Assistant, I get at least + or ++ on the training sched. What I'm worried about is I only give my fighters 1 and half days of rest in the 6 day training schedule. Is that enough? If it isn't, can energy supplements remedy or at least lessen the loss per training day? I gave my fighters 160Q Energy Supplements but I can't still see the effects because it takes 3 days to get it to my fighters.

I do hope I can get input from the people here so I can make an effective training schedule. Thank you!

Edited by kornflakes

Hi guys! I just want to get your take on my training schedule for my fighters. Specifically, I'd like to get your opinion if I'm overtraining them, oversparring or missing out on some key training. So my training schedule would go like this:

Mon

AM - Boxing Sparring

PM - Specific Training Under Boxing

Tues

AM - BJJ Sparring

PM - Specific Training Under BJJ

Wed

AM - Physical Attribute Training

PM - Rest

Thurs

AM - Muay Thai Sparring

PM - Specific Training Under Muay Thai

Fri

AM - Wrestling Sparring

PM - Specific Training Under Wrestling

Sat

AM - Rest

PM - Rest

Of course Sunday is obviously all rest. This isn't a fixed sched for all of my fighters but I try to do it like this. The schedule is flexible based on the sparring schedule of the gym and the number of fighters training so I get the best that I can. What you can see from my example is that I try to get sparring for all of my overall skills (Boxing, BJJ, MT and Wrestling) and then get specific attribute training which depends on who my fighter is up against. I also have 1 session dedicated for my physical attributes so I can also level them up.

Right now, I think it's going great for me. From what I saw from Tycoon Assistant, I get at least + or ++ on the training sched. What I'm worried about is I only give my fighters 1 and half days of rest in the 6 day training schedule. Is that enough? If it isn't, can energy supplements remedy or at least lessen the loss per training day? I gave my fighters 160Q Energy Supplements but I can't still see the effects because it takes 3 days to get it to my fighters.

I do hope I can get input from the people here so I can make an effective training schedule. Thank you!

I was gonna make a joke about the lack of any training at all, but then when I quoted you this appeared. But it's not in your original post - weird.

I would say it depends on your fighters' cardio. If they have 12 or above they can train all week with no rests (including 4 sparring sessions and a circuit training.)

Keep their energy levels above 90% I advise.

If possible I would train them on Saturday as well; they get all Sunday to rest.

--------

If you want more advise I'm happy to mentor you and give you as much tips as I can in private messages. Look me up.

I was gonna make a joke about the lack of any training at all, but then when I quoted you this appeared. But it's not in your original post - weird.

Oh, sorry about that! I accidentally clicked the post button before finishing it. I edited it of course.

I would say it depends on your fighters' cardio. If they have 12 or above they can train all week with no rests (including 4 sparring sessions and a circuit training.)

Keep their energy levels above 90% I advise.

If possible I would train them on Saturday as well; they get all Sunday to rest.

--------

If you want more advise I'm happy to mentor you and give you as much tips as I can in private messages. Look me up.

3 of my fighters have feeble (4) for their cardio and one has mediocre (5). I really don't know how to maintain a 90% energy level without cutting some training which might slow down their growth. If you have a training schedule example to give out that does that then I'm willing to experiment with it. Regarding training on Saturdays, the example training sched I have isn't fixed so if there is a good training schedule on Saturday I go for it.

By the way, do you have any idea how much energy is taken away by a sparring session or specific attribute training relative to the cardio levels my fighters have?

Mentorship? Awesome! Will look you up sir.

Oh, sorry about that! I accidentally clicked the post button before finishing it. I edited it of course.

3 of my fighters have feeble (4) for their cardio and one has mediocre (5). I really don't know how to maintain a 90% energy level without cutting some training which might slow down their growth. If you have a training schedule example to give out that does that then I'm willing to experiment with it. Regarding training on Saturdays, the example training sched I have isn't fixed so if there is a good training schedule on Saturday I go for it.

By the way, do you have any idea how much energy is taken away by a sparring session or specific attribute training relative to the cardio levels my fighters have?

Mentorship? Awesome! Will look you up sir.

Spam train some conditioning to get the cardio up, then you can train more during the week in other areas without needing to rest as much while keeping their energy high, think it's something like 92% energy and higher for fighters to see max benefits from training. I usually just try to stay above 85% but I'm hardly the person to be lecturing about staying on top of your fighters since I just recently had a fight with 75% energy.

Depending on the situation spam training isn't a bad thing if you don't do it for too long. It can really help get up a skill you think will be key for an upcoming fight.

at first if my fighter has low conditioning (i sometimes start them with 10 in conditioning - ie minimum) i train like this:

Mon am Cardio pm rest,

Tues am Cardio pm rest

Wed am Cardio pm rest,

Thurs am Cardio pm rest,

Fri am Cardio pm rest,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

then after a week or two of that

Mon am Cardio pm Weights,

Tues am Cardio pm rest

Wed am Cardio pm Weights,

Thurs am Cardio pm rest,

Fri am Cardio pm Weights,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

then

Tues am Cardio pm Weights

Wed am Cardio pm rest,

Thurs am Cardio pm Weights,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

so that their Cardio gets up to 12 (wonderful). Ideally their strength would be 12 too before they start fighting in an org.

once their Cardio is 12 they can train all week, like i mentioned before.

I know this is too boring for some people, but it is the way I do it. If you start them with 12 Cardio at creation then you are good to train all week from the beginning. I do it the other way often because Cardio and Strength increase quickest. Use the correct sups as well.

I would focus on 1 specific thing first. In this case, i'd say get your cardio to wonderful (12) or exceptional (13) which will allow your fighter to train throughout the week taking no rest sessions.

Once that is done, i'd still focus on building 1 secondary instead of spreading your training out too much

Spam train some conditioning to get the cardio up, then you can train more during the week in other areas without needing to rest as much while keeping their energy high, think it's something like 92% energy and higher for fighters to see max benefits from training. I usually just try to stay above 85% but I'm hardly the person to be lecturing about staying on top of your fighters since I just recently had a fight with 75% energy.

Depending on the situation spam training isn't a bad thing if you don't do it for too long. It can really help get up a skill you think will be key for an upcoming fight.

at first if my fighter has low conditioning (i sometimes start them with 10 in conditioning - ie minimum) i train like this:

Mon am Cardio pm rest,

Tues am Cardio pm rest

Wed am Cardio pm rest,

Thurs am Cardio pm rest,

Fri am Cardio pm rest,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

then after a week or two of that

Tues am Cardio pm rest

Wed am Cardio pm Weights,

Thurs am Cardio pm rest,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

then

Tues am Cardio pm Weights

Wed am Cardio pm rest,

Thurs am Cardio pm Weights,

Sat am Cardio pm Weights

so that their Cardio gets up to 12 (wonderful). Ideally their strength would be 12 too before they start fighting in an org.

once their Cardio is 12 they can train all week, like i mentioned before.

I know this is too boring for some people, but it is the way I do it. If you start them with 12 Cardio at creation then you are good to train all week from the beginning. I do it the other way often because Cardio and Strength increase quickest. Use the correct sups as well.

I would focus on 1 specific thing first. In this case, i'd say get your cardio to wonderful (12) or exceptional (13) which will allow your fighter to train throughout the week taking no rest sessions.

Once that is done, i'd still focus on building 1 secondary instead of spreading your training out too much

With all of your posts so far I do come to realize I was doing too much at the same time. I'll change my training schedule for next week to reflect my new focus which is Cardio.

@Shards - It's not that I was afraid of spam training, I was just theorycrafting a "balanced approach" for my training. Really great input about getting effective training at a certain energy level. I'll try to maintain 85% energy. Hopefully, after Sunday my fighters can rest and then I'll change my training to spam cardio.

@Bwang - Thanks for giving an example training schedule! 3 of my fighters have bouts in the last week of May so I'll try my best to recreate your 3 week cardio plan without sacrificing other training areas that might be important to my fights. Really appreciate this prototype sched man.

@TheWolf - So it's a bit unanimous to develop cardio to wonderful (12) or exceptional (13) huh? It's great to get the same answers because it means its effective in improving their fighters so thanks! I just want to clarify. You're saying that after the cardio training, you recommend to spam train a specific skill attribute? Or can I go back to my original schedule but replace my specific skill training for multiple skills to just one skill? Meaning I'd go 4 sparring then 4 specific skill training for just one skill. I do hope I don't get you confused.

Okay, now with regards to supplements. I gave them Energy supplements which reduces energy loss. Is that enough? Do you recommend also buying Stamina supplements? Aaaand! What is Laundry anyway?

Again, thank you for your input guys! Really helped me get a grasp on the training aspect of the game. Cheers!

laundry is for when your fighters have earnt so much money you want to take some of it for yourself. then you buy the laundry items and the company owner sends you back a percentage. always check with the company owner first, sometimes they have their laundry stock reserved for someone else.

if you are gonna train cardio then put your guys on stamina sups for those sessions. likewise with weight training and muscle bulk sups. all other times energy sups are the way to go.

what wolf was saying about focusing on one secondary - that way you will see a real difference in something in a shorter time. normally you will scout your upcoming opponent and see if there's one (or perhaps two) things you need to improve before the fight. if you don't have a fight coming up then it's best to train an essential secondary - i would say striking defence, or clinch, or tkd defence (if you want to be defensive on the ground) or def grap are all essential. secondaries are also used to defend against the opponent - for example learning punches will help you defend against punches.

don't forget as long as you are sure about your fighter, you are in it for the long haul with em. and it takes a while to get all the things you want up to scratch!

laundry is for when your fighters have earnt so much money you want to take some of it for yourself. then you buy the laundry items and the company owner sends you back a percentage. always check with the company owner first, sometimes they have their laundry stock reserved for someone else.

if you are gonna train cardio then put your guys on stamina sups for those sessions. likewise with weight training and muscle bulk sups. all other times energy sups are the way to go.

what wolf was saying about focusing on one secondary - that way you will see a real difference in something in a shorter time. normally you will scout your upcoming opponent and see if there's one (or perhaps two) things you need to improve before the fight. if you don't have a fight coming up then it's best to train an essential secondary - i would say striking defence, or clinch, or tkd defence (if you want to be defensive on the ground) or def grap are all essential. secondaries are also used to defend against the opponent - for example learning punches will help you defend against punches.

don't forget as long as you are sure about your fighter, you are in it for the long haul with em. and it takes a while to get all the things you want up to scratch!

Thanks for the explanation about Laundry. I'll take into account the supplements needed. I will start the new training session next week and I'll just post the results here. Cheers!

Tip( just my oppinion) - Train your Cardio at first from beginning:

AM and PM just cardio till you get a minimum of 12-13. I go for 13 and 14 since I go training them all week with no rest.

About sparring I tend to train first secondaries, then go for the primary skills.

You will need clothing to bring your fighters morale up also. Henrik "Savage" Messinger <--- needs clothing

Thanks Skap, I just did. Speaking of clothing, since I bought the clothes as I see on my "Possesions" they are currently in transit. How long does it take for them to get to my fighters? Anyway, I appreciate the help and of course the sponsorship! Go Big Bear Nutrition!

Tip( just my oppinion) - Train your Cardio at first from beginning:

AM and PM just cardio till you get a minimum of 12-13. I go for 13 and 14 since I go training them all week with no rest.

About sparring I tend to train first secondaries, then go for the primary skills.

Thanks for the tip! As most of the responses here point out to training cardio, I plan to go that route on the next training week. I will try to improve my fighters' cardio as much as possible since they have fights at the end of May so I'd also have to train some specific skills to get ready.

Thanks Skap, I just did. Speaking of clothing, since I bought the clothes as I see on my "Possesions" they are currently in transit. How long does it take for them to get to my fighters? Anyway, I appreciate the help and of course the sponsorship! Go Big Bear Nutrition!

It takes 3 days if the clothing store and the fighter are in different cities.

Do supplements stack?

Like, if I'm training someone on pure cardio, if I give them a stamina supp and an energy supp, do they both take effect simultaneously?

• 4 months later...