Sparing?

Everything is important lol. Train everything. Physicals are least important in the beginning for 18 year olds because it isn't affected by learning speed and you can still train them up at 20/21 at roughly the same speed. Everyone has their different opinion but it's best to work on your secondaries first to get the right build you want for your fighter and then add sparring in and physicals later.

• Upvote 2

I spar constantly from the jump, one session a day, and I spar everything throughout the week. The only exception is my pure grappler and my K1 fighter; both are projects that only spar their two related primaries.

Everything is important lol. Train everything. Physicals are least important in the beginning for 18 year olds because it isn't affected by learning speed and you can still train them up at 20/21 at roughly the same speed. Everyone has their different opinion but it's best to work on your secondaries first to get the right build you want for your fighter and then add sparring in and physicals later.

I feel like this is the most accurate statement.

• Upvote 2

Just so I get the general idea, this is the goal for training. To keep it simple, we'll just say a standard puncher/striker...

(I think you start at 13 on 110 points yeah?)

13 punches, 13 striking defence, 13 takedown defence (and probably like 4 clinch or something if you have it left over).

You want to stick everything into your cardio until it gets to 15 (both through base stats and then training), then you want to focus on your secondaries until your fighter build gets solid (so maybe 15 on the 3 things above, and then maybe higher clinching until about 8 or something) and then you want to switch to primaries to get your probably 13 boxing and something like 8 wrestling up to 15 (or elite) as well?

It depends on the type of fighter he is and what you want to accomplish with him. If every fighter trained the same skills, every fight would be the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Overall, this is my schedule on training with one of my projects

Starting:

(110 - Wonderful (12) in stats)

110 in Boxing, 10 in Wrestling, 1 in MT and BJJ

110 in Punches, Striking Defense and Clinch (to avoid points in Elbows and Knees through training), 8 in Takedown Defense, 1 in everything else

12 in Conditioning, 1 in Strength, split the rest evenly (although I should have put 1 in everything, with the remainder in Speed)

With 110 in Conditioning, you can train with a 160Q supp without resting. So far in his first year (he turned 19 this Monday past) he has gotten 12 in Kicks, TDD and Def Grap, as well as points in Transitions and Subs which should take around 5/6 weeks to get both up to Wonderful. From there, I will be getting his Physicals up to a decent fighting level, before then doing Sparring while getting his Wonderful's up to Elite.

This is just a basic plan I have for this fighter, and I am experimenting with other starting builds and training with a couple of other guys as well. But you won't be able to get the Primaries up to the level other's will without Sparring, as your secondary training can only get them up so high.

• Upvote 1