Submissions vs Escapes

With this new fight engine change is there any point learning escapes when you could just embrace the change and add submissions to your fighters game, most stand up fighter already have defensive grappling and high BJJ from sparring?

escapes are as useless as they ever were imo.

The update hasn't happened yet i thought?

Also, I fucking hope they aint useless cos im training escapes for a lotta my guys.

The update hasn't happened yet i thought?

Also, I fucking hope they aint useless cos im training escapes for a lotta my guys.

zis.

I do have a feeling they will still be as useless as ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I've missclicked on one of my fighters skill allocation while creating him, and gave him 110 points to escape so I hope it becomes relevant with the update!

I hope escapes won't make much of a difference tho. Makes it harder for ground fighters. I'm more of a ground manager when I last played. When is the update bound to take place again?

Here's the link to the thread on the updates

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49327

It looks like the tentative date is this Monday the 13th

I hope escapes won't make much of a difference tho. Makes it harder for ground fighters. I'm more of a ground manager when I last played. When is the update bound to take place again?

Then it's better for you. If an escape fails you can counter hard, also, ground and pound accuracy from guard top is being enhanced with new changes to get more activeness on the ground and to prevent the referee standups. It will be hard to control because GnP from guard will be landing quite frequently now.

The update hasn't happened so we don't know if they are effective or not yes.

But if what Mike says is true and after a takedown there will be an extra step that takes into consideration the fighter being taken down's escapes, and then calculating a percentage chance for an immediate stand up + the use of the escapes already. I would take a calculated guess that they will be effective.

The update hasn't happened so we don't know if they are effective or not yes.

But if what Mike says is true and after a takedown there will be an extra step that takes into consideration the fighter being taken down's escapes, and then calculating a percentage chance for an immediate stand up + the use of the escapes already. I would take a calculated guess that they will be effective.

That honestly sounds like its now harder to get a takedown, but i guess we will see