Idea for more competitveness

diamondback

We all know that making it to the UFC is hard. But in MMA Tycoon, its so easy to get in an org. Some orgs sign practically anybody. I think if org owners be more like Dana White (just don't go bald) then it would be more fun. Have only the best and the potential best sign with your orgs people. Have people fight for their jobs (AKA don't keep resigning a fighter on a 7 fight losing streak.) No more jobbers (A WWE term for someone who loses all the time to make the top dog look dominant.) Just make it harder to land a contract. Pay your dues in the QFC and maybe if you have potential then you get to sign. more difficulty = More competitiveness = more fun.

This is just my idea of making the game but you guys may have different opinions and I want to know what you guys think. COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

That's pretty much how I run it now anyways. A few guys get in on a 3-0 record. If they lose 2 in HG, they get cut. If they win at all, they will usually get cut after a 3 fight losing streak. Only like 4 guys have ever been signed and went on a 3 fight losing streak and not been kicked. Only the more popular guys or people who stepped up beyond their current level several times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's pretty much how I run it now anyways. A few guys get in on a 3-0 record. If they lose 2 in HG, they get cut. If they win at all, they will usually get cut after a 3 fight losing streak. Only like 4 guys have ever been signed and went on a 3 fight losing streak and not been kicked. Only the more popular guys or people who stepped up beyond their current level several times.

Thats exactly what tycoon needs Clyde. Make people really fight to stay in HG. And if they get cut, make them prove to you that they deserve back in. +1 for ya

• Downvote 2

But in real life, what about all the organisations that aren't UFC? The regional organisations that have guys with .500 and below records? In MMATycoon, some orgs simulate those organisations and they have to, otherwise you'd just have the majority of fighters losing a couple of organisation fights, dropping into QFC to batter a few overmatched opponents and then getting re-signed.

• Upvote 5

But in real life, what about all the organisations that aren't UFC? The regional organisations that have guys with .500 and below records? In MMATycoon, some orgs simulate those organisations and they have to, otherwise you'd just have the majority of fighters losing a couple of organisation fights, dropping into QFC to batter a few overmatched opponents and then getting re-signed.

That is true im not saying the game has to be exactly like real life but i just want more competitive intense fun

• Downvote 2

This would be a terrible idea since you'd just be reducing the supply of fighters to sign and increasing the demand for fighters with a winning record, established orgs would have to inflate contracts to compete with each other and it'd make it that much harder for new orgs to get off the ground with a risk of ruining the orgs that couldn't afford to pay and end up losing their roster or just go bankrupt trying to pay their fighters to keep up with the market.

This is also a pretty big kick in the dick for people who play the game like I do, I don't just drop every fighter if they lose a couple matches unless I see that the fighter is flawed beyond my control(glass chin for example) so I like that there are orgs out there that will sign my fighters since I do put the time into trying to train these guys up and when you compare the pay of a QFC and add the unknown of who you'll be fighting it's a turn off for me other then for testing. I like that you can find a mix of orgs.

• Upvote 1

This would be a terrible idea since you'd just be reducing the supply of fighters to sign and increasing the demand for fighters with a winning record, established orgs would have to inflate contracts to compete with each other and it'd make it that much harder for new orgs to get off the ground with a risk of ruining the orgs that couldn't afford to pay and end up losing their roster or just go bankrupt trying to pay their fighters to keep up with the market.

This is also a pretty big kick in the dick for people who play the game like I do, I don't just drop every fighter if they lose a couple matches unless I see that the fighter is flawed beyond my control(glass chin for example) so I like that there are orgs out there that will sign my fighters since I do put the time into trying to train these guys up and when you compare the pay of a QFC and add the unknown of who you'll be fighting it's a turn off for me other then for testing. I like that you can find a mix of orgs.

Thank you for your opinion

• Downvote 2

agree, will lose many players who can't compete old ones

I think the current system is fine and very realistic. It's not like nobodies and 0-0 fighters are getting into the Big Three. If you look at the real MMA scene there is plenty of small orgs with no hyped fighters and huge negative records. I think the game is pretty close to doing the same and there is no reason to force people into a certain style of play just like Manno said.

• Upvote 1

I think the current system is fine and very realistic. It's not like nobodies and 0-0 fighters are getting into the Big Three. If you look at the real MMA scene there is plenty of small orgs with no hyped fighters and huge negative records. I think the game is pretty close to doing the same and there is no reason to force people into a certain style of play just like Manno said.

Ok

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That is true im not saying the game has to be exactly like real life but i just want more competitive intense fun

Your total record is 58-65-4. You currently have *1* fighter actually signed to an org, and you want more competitiveness? How about you step your game up, instead of trying to change it for the remaining 8880 players?

• Upvote 2

when was the last time you fought for a big org?

Never i suppose.

Your most fighters are nobodies and these ''Some orgs'' who sign practically anybody sign nobodies like your guys so if not for these ''some orgs'' your guys won't have a platform to fight.

would be good if beginners could be matched against beginners... instead of stacked new characters.. learning the game and coming up against 18 yr olds already in elite gyms before even fighting a fight etc is tough steep learning curve... kind of disheartening, tbh..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I cant completely agree because every org is not the UFC-like....like in real life MMA prospects fights in other orgs before reaching UFC so having orgs pick up anybody (especially if it isn't a popular org) it would make sense...but if you are running the orgs with top P4P fighers in the MMA tycoon rankings then yeah they should keep their competition with people that are all talented and etc. and the UFC also has "can" fighters like neil seery(15-10) yao zhikui(2-3) Gabriel Gonzaga(16-10) andetc. ....ya know what I mean but youre right the popular and hype orgs shouldnt just pick up anybody.

• 2 weeks later...