Boxing

FNM

Has anyone ever fought a straight up boxing match. No kicks, elbows, knees or takedown. I know there has been kickboxing orgs before, but not sure about boxing orgs. Is it even possible to have a match without kicking and elbows? Based off of the strategy settings it seems possible as long as the settings are set properly. I'm brainstorming but I need some input from the community.

it was an only boxing org. Gold glove boxing or something it was called. I dont know if it is still around, dont think so at least. Was out of NY or so.

Ok cool, got it. Hmmmmm, I wonder if it was lack of manager interest, managers that went inactive or poor org management that was the reason for the org not succeeding.

Well i cant speak for the org management, but i think he was also struggling to get managers in the org, to keep it at an compeditive level. I am running an KT Org and for some divisions it is hard to find Fighters and then have a manager to let them compete in KT. But like the mentioned Tourney should work to make something happen for Boxing only.

Well the tough part will be gathering interest to build a division, which will be VERY hard work.

Then after all that, the toughest part is maintaining interest to attract new fighters. With inactives, people losing interest after losing fights, etc....

Good luck though, i wouldn't mind seeing another striking org out there....

I love KT in this game, but imo boxing is too one dimensional. There's only really 3 secondaries you need + physicals and that doesnt really appeal to me. Add into the fat you are relying on managers to set correct sliders etc. just complicates matters.

I think it would be cool to have a bareknuckle themed org. Considering that there are probably only a few managers interested in it, it could have only one weight class (265lb?, 18-25 years old?, ID restrictions?) with straight boxing rules, and clinch allowed only for stalling (always allow break clinch checked).

Maybe we could start a discussion and cooperate to create it. :yes:

What do you guys think?

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/heineken_light_the_handlebar_moustache.jpg

• Upvote 1

I posted in the ORG tournament section that I would like to see a sparbot tournament. I have 7 of my 20 fighters that only spar now and have for a long time. I am sure I am not the only one. Would be kind of fun to break one of them out in a coach tournament. Only allow sparbots and have it be boxing or KT only. Say 8 or 16 guys, the contracts could be cheap because most will have no rank and have not fought in a while. Some way to tell they are not projects like no fights for the last 6 months and have to have had at least 5 fights. and instead of a ID limit make it a max like has to be under 250 or something so we know someone is not just entering a project they did a few QFC's with. At the end have a Tycoon's Best Coach award for the winner or something like that.

I couldn't get any interest going when I posted it before, but would be a good way to start out a boxing or KT type ORG and get your name out there if it got some attention behind it.