Ultimate Insider: CM Punk trains at EXOS athlete performance

They just used his name for the title to draw people, it's more showing Exos, that's why it's just not Punk but Evans, Rockhold, and Griffin too.

If he never fights the UFC wouldn't make a penny and would have got abuse for nothing? Furthermore, you have to believe Ben Askren has dirt on UFC and doesn't reveal it. To cap it off, you can't know Punk either. You think he left a HUGE pro wrestling contract...for the publicity? How does that help him? CM Punk could have quit WWE, went back to his home pro wrestling org Ring of Honor, and that would have hit every single wrestling headline in the planet, possibly even creating a 2014 version of WCW/WWE (Punk was that big at the time, and then factor in the biggest guy at the time being an ROH guy, the current champ being an ROH guy etc).

Punk picked this cause he really wants to do it. While it's easily to blast him, do you really think that a lifetime gym resident like CM Punk training for over a year daily with the likes of Ben Askren and Anthony Pettis isn't going to make him competitive with someone like Clay Collard?

Well Punk postponed his fight and continues to draw some disrespect from fellow UFC fighters that actually tried to make it to the UFC through smaller orgs... But if Punk never debuts then the UFC may be put in jeopardy of trust within its fans that also follow the WWE along with the MMA fans that wanna see Punk win or get demolished

If he never fights the UFC wouldn't make a penny and would have got abuse for nothing? Furthermore, you have to believe Ben Askren has dirt on UFC and doesn't reveal it. To cap it off, you can't know Punk either. You think he left a HUGE pro wrestling contract...for the publicity? How does that help him? CM Punk could have quit WWE, went back to his home pro wrestling org Ring of Honor, and that would have hit every single wrestling headline in the planet, possibly even creating a 2014 version of WCW/WWE (Punk was that big at the time, and then factor in the biggest guy at the time being an ROH guy, the current champ being an ROH guy etc).

Punk picked this cause he really wants to do it. While it's easily to blast him, do you really think that a lifetime gym resident like CM Punk training for over a year daily with the likes of Ben Askren and Anthony Pettis isn't going to make him competitive with someone like Clay Collard?

I really cant grasp what you are talking about. Why do I have to believe Askren has dirt on the UFC? I think he left pro-wrestling because he seems like a smart guy from the interviews ive seen and probably dislikes or is ashamed of being known only by the children(I quit watching when i was 13) and slow adults who make up pro-wrestlings fan base. IMO they gave him a contract to try and get him into the cage for one fight and then have him transition into a commentator/studio guy. I think both the UFC and Punk both now realize how incredibly far he is from competing with even the dregs of the UFC so they will keep putting his name out from time to time to get him a little legitimacy before he gives up his attempt at a mma career.

Talking about all his pro wrestling prospects is pretty irrelevant. He gave that up to make an attempt at a gimmicky mma career. I really dont care about pro wrestling and have no clue about how popular he was. I get that a small segment of the population likes to watch oiled up men in their underpants scream at each other and pretend to fight, but in no way did that profession prepare punk to be a legit mma fighter.

• 3 weeks later...

They are hauling this guy around to every big PPV and big Fox event to do the pressers. He had a Q&A session at the Fight Night Chicago presser. Why the mma press should want to talk to a guy who has never had a pro or amateur mma fight, other than pandering to the mouthbreathing prowrestling fans, is beyond me. The guy is not a fighter and likely never will be. He is a future UFC mouthpiece. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a rube.