Ronda Rousey Would 'Rag Doll' Floyd Mayweather, UFC President Says

UFC RSS

She's wild lmao....some of the boxing community doesn't seem to respect mma lmao probably because it makes regular boxers look unspecialized when it comes to all techniques

Why is this such big news...well duh as soon as Ronda throws Floyd to the floor he's done. He'd get a few great shots on Ronda first but as soon as it clinches its hers to win. Their in such different worlds you cant even compare!

• Upvote 2

Why is this such big news...well duh as soon as Ronda throws Floyd to the floor he's done. He'd get a few great shots on Ronda first but as soon as it clinches its hers to win. Their in such different worlds you cant even compare!

I think you're underrating two things here.

1. The power difference between a man and a woman.

2. The punch power difference between a mixed martial artist and a boxer.

Floyd Mayweather isn't known for knocking people out, but I'd find it hard to believe that Mayweather fails to knockout a single guy at Lightweight and below in the entire UFC in a boxing match. People didn't underrate James Toney's power. If he landed on Randy Couture, it'd have been over. If Floyd Mayweather got a SINGLE shot on Rousey first, the fight would be stopped. Floyd Mayweather's jab is probably about 50 times more powerful than the hardest strike Cyborg can do, let alone Ronda.

Put then again, Ronda could win the fight. She'd just keep low as fuck, like crawling on the floor low. Mayweather isn't going to have the balance to fight on legged and Ronda will be able to cope with his rabbit punches if she managed to get a hold of his leg at all. She's not exactly a wrestler but she trains wrestling and he doesn't.

I just think Ronda comes out doing that, almost Jon Jones style but staying like it for a little bit. Floyd runs away, Rousey tries to set it up with a jab or something and then the most horrible moment in sporting history would occur when you see a woman's face get absolutely destroyed by a punch combination.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think you're underrating two things here.

1. The power difference between a man and a woman.

2. The punch power difference between a mixed martial artist and a boxer.

Well obviously its observed because they are different genders and then not even in the same weight class. It seems really silly to me that people are comparing them. No one compares Ronda to Dillashaw or mighty mouse which would make way more sense as they are within weight and the same sport.

That being said I agree with what you said about how that crazy match would likely go.

Archery is a sport too.

How would she fair against an archer?

Pistol Shooting, who would win?

If knife fighting were a sport would Ronda beat the world knife fighting champ? 'Well if she avoided being gutted and bleeding out, and somehow managed to get the takedown, and the knife fighter missed an artery before she locked in the arm bar, and the pain distracted the knife fighting champ just long enough that he didn't slice open her Achilles, well yeh, I fink Ronda would win.'

Yes, it is ridiculous to compare but its being done for boxing vs MMA two different sports. Knife fighting, is legal in Glasgow I believe.

Well obviously its observed because they are different genders and then not even in the same weight class. It seems really silly to me that people are comparing them. No one compares Ronda to Dillashaw or mighty mouse which would make way more sense as they are within weight and the same sport.

That being said I agree with what you said about how that crazy match would likely go.

Actually if anything good has come of the stupid ass debates on Ronda and Mayweather, it's that I learned something. They are actually the same weight class. Boxing weight classes are much smaller than MMA, so Welterweight in boxing is more like Featherweight in the unified rules of MMA.

I also don't really see why people think it's ridiculous to compare MMA to boxing. Maybe male to female, sure I'll give you that, but mixed martial arts was formed from styles clashing against each other. Are we going to say Mark Hunt can't be an MMA fighter because he trained his whole life in kickboxing? Say Saul Alvarez decided to spend the next 9 years training wrestling, jiu jitsu and defending against kicks, he'd be the greatest puncher MMA would have ever seen at just 30 years old and would have considerable experience in countering the opposition. I don't think it's too far-fetched to compare things. How would Demian Maia do in MMA with no striking? How would Lyoto Machida do in MMA with no wrestling? How would Michael Page do coming off of points kickboxing? It's the exact same as wondering how a boxer might do. Boxing is an extremely important aspect of mixed martial arts, probably just behind wrestling. If you put James Toney in there with say Rampage Jackson he'd probably have had a first round KO. I'm sure a few of you seen what happened when former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia tried to use his MMA-based striking against a professional boxer, he got KOed in like 3 seconds or something. Boxing is still part of the mix in martial arts so if you stuck a boxer in with an MMA striker like Robbie Lawler or something, someone who'd want to kickbox to prove a point, I don't get why the assumption is that the MMA guy walks through the boxer,

And if you're going to bring up armed combat, which is different from unarmed combat, like knife fighting or whatever, the boys on Fight Quest who weren't even really high level MMA fighters did a fairly solid job in every aspect on a weeks training because they are trained in fighting.