Changing the "Stay on the Outside/Try to Clinch" slider...

Xartanz

That tick slider's always frustrated me. It's just silly-- like, if you don't wanna circle your opponent, you obviously have to clinch with 'em. Those are, of course, your only options. It's just ridiculous to think otherwise.

Those're two separate things. A whole bunch of fighters prefer to strike and don't like being on the outside, nor do they wanna clinch (think Mizugaki.) Much like that, a lot of fighters that wanna clinch don't always move forward (a lot of guys prefer to circle and dart in and out to get a clinch-- Brandon Girtz did that just last Friday.) I think it'd be better if it got switched to two sliders:

"Stay on the Outside/Move Forward"

and

"Try to Strike/Try to Clinch"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are taking the verbiage of the slider too literal. It already is a "try to strike/try to clinch" slider. Stay on the outside doesnt have anything to do with your striking in the fight, it just means "dont clinch" pretty much.

From the wiki -

• Try to clinch vs Stay on the outside: Self explanatory. If you wish to clinch, do so using this tactic. Remember that a 50% clinch setting will mean they try and clinch every other move, not that 50% of the fight will be in the clinch.
  • Upvote 2

I already read this as a strike/clinch slider, I don't see the appeal of changing this to 2 sliders, if anything a minor edit from "Stay on the Outside/Try to Clinch" to "Strike/Try to Clinch" since anything other then a small text change is just fixing what isn't broke and that's a waste of time that could be spent on something else.

• 2 months later...

That tick slider's always frustrated me. It's just silly-- like, if you don't wanna circle your opponent, you obviously have to clinch with 'em. Those are, of course, your only options. It's just ridiculous to think otherwise.

Those're two separate things. A whole bunch of fighters prefer to strike and don't like being on the outside, nor do they wanna clinch (think Mizugaki.) Much like that, a lot of fighters that wanna clinch don't always move forward (a lot of guys prefer to circle and dart in and out to get a clinch-- Brandon Girtz did that just last Friday.) I think it'd be better if it got switched to two sliders:

"Stay on the Outside/Move Forward"

and

"Try to Strike/Try to Clinch"

If Im understanding what u said...I disagree. some fighters dont clinch OR circle so thats NOT ur only choices. Some are tanks and come straight ahead. or stand and deliver...think the term "toe to toe" uses bither clinch or circling...

But Im a mental midget and probably read ur post incorrectly...