Confused How I lost this Kickboxing Match

fbwellman

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=764773

I mean jeez he threw a lot more strikes then me but he only landed 14 percent of them

I landed more strikes including the only combo of the fight and got washed 49-46

I also cut him and landed about 40 percent of my strikes

Guess I should have had Kennedy throw more strikes but its just bewildering that a guy can attempt to clinch with me 30 times, get it all 30 times, and just blitz me with punches and miss most of them and my guy tags him more and the other guy wins

Any tips, suggestions, or comments for me?

well i see 2 things.You get points for getting the clinch .Not much but done 30 times adds up. Also i assume he throw will a lot more powerful shots then you did then you did which also counts.What else .Seem like he landed nothing in the last round and you landed 5 or 6 shots .Most of his shots were in earlier rounds. Next time don't click allow clinch

I'm pretty sure you get more points for getting clinch then you do for breaking it. Say that it's 10 to get it and say 5 to get a break, with that many clinches and difference in points gained/lost I doubt the punch scoring really had much effect on who won the round. You'd have to totally dominate punch wise to make up the difference to win a round.

My .02 cents